Poll: Do you anticipate a disc nerf sometime soonish?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Think Discipline is gonna be nerfed soonish?

Do you think disc has something OP? PWS? Mana-regen? 3% raid dmg reduction? No? Your Holy Build is equally as easy? Let us know ;D

UPDATE: It happened
    The Priest ability Soul Warding now only reduces the mana cost of Power Word: Shield by 15% instead of 30%. The tooltip for this spell will be updated at a later date.

Re: Think Discipline is gonna be nerfed soonish?

Imo I think they are just fine since they got a good level of suvivability. The point is that Disc is one kind of healer that can heals for tons while beeing able to withstand huge bursts. On top of that, they remain efficient on offense, and that is a big source of QQ.

I can tell you that I have disc as dual spec, not because of MT healing, but because of raid healing.

You can litterally spam 15+ people with shields before a big aoe ability and get 6-9k mana back when the aoe comes and can follow up with a prayer of healing.

All I do is spam 6k shields on everyone and penance people in trouble that have WS.

As 80%+ of my casts are shields I'm perma hasted with a GCD of 1 second.

If it's 10 man and everyone is shielded, I flash heal, but shields are far more effective.

Disc the raid healer, who would have known?

And yes, Shield having no cooldown is OP

The recent blue post suggests that Discipline is going to get a nerf to Reflective Shields because apparently it is unfair to rogues that they might take damage while they stunlock and kill you.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedishcow123
    I can tell you that I have disc as dual spec, not because of MT healing, but because of raid healing.

You can litterally spam 15+ people with shields before a big aoe ability and get 6-9k mana back when the aoe comes and can follow up with a prayer of healing.

All I do is spam 6k shields on everyone and penance people in trouble that have WS.

As 80%+ of my casts are shields I'm perma hasted with a GCD of 1 second.

If it's 10 man and everyone is shielded, I flash heal, but shields are far more effective.

Disc the raid healer, who would have known?

And yes, Shield having no cooldown is OP
    The mana return on shield being destroyed has a CD, coolstorybro.

15+ Year Old Account

The only thing I could see getting nerfed is our ability to 'spam' pw:s with such a minimal cost.

I could see this nerfed by changing the amount the pw:s cost reduction talents work so that pw:s is more expensive than it currently is for Disc, but does not affect holy or shadow in any way.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Discipline is fine just about where it is.

Their biggest problems before 3.1 were that they lacked any kind of real utility and essentially had infinite mana. They now have some decent utility with PWS on the GCD, targettable PoH, and raidwide damage reduction. They also don't have infinite mana anymore; mana is still less of an issue for them than it is for Holy, but at least it actually takes some attention not to go OOM now. Of course, I'm also of the opinion that MT healers shouldn't have the same level of mana issues that raid healers can because they don't really get the opportunity that raid healers do to regen, so it generally balances out.

The only thing I haven't really addressed is how "easy" it is. Sure, Discipline is easy, I can target the MT and stick to a PWS, Penance, FH rotation with a few GHs as needed and do just fine. By the same token, I can play Holy with a FH, PoM, PoH, CoH rotation and do just fine as a raid healer too. Both of those are pretty easy, but if that's all you're doing, you could do more and make it more challenging. Discipline can definitely assist on raid healing a lot by tossing out a few PWSs or BT-hasted PoHs when they can spare a GCD off the MT; watching for those sorts of things and doing it effectively makes it more challenging, and there's plenty of other things Discipline can do specific to each fight other than spam the MT.

So, sure, I only play Discipline as my off-spec, but please, let's not hope for a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshnaks
    Imo I think they are just fine since they got a good level of suvivability. The point is that Disc is one kind of healer that can heals for tons while beeing able to withstand huge bursts. On top of that, they remain efficient on offense, and that is a big source of QQ.
    Lies = truth

Fine= we are OP please dont nerf

Needs buffing= Fine

Im gonna kill myself=Needs slight buff

Nah, it's fine, and for me holy is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Athor
    Lies = truth

Needs buffing= Fine

Blizz point of view? :P

Disc.Is.Fine.PLZ.Dont.Nerf.Us :'(

Well there r times (finaly!) when my mana drops below magic 10k (my max mana is 24k raid buffed) and it was on mimiron (normal) fight during p2, so our regen is just fine :P

disc has great pre-emptive strategy with PWS, I suspect tossing out PSW and avoiding incoming damage is easier than reacting to damage already taken, even with CoH. The only comparison is if holy could toss out multiple PoM on as many targets as they choose, and see very minor mana-loss from it. I can't say for certain, but my disc build seems a lot easier than I ever remember Holy being (except when CoH could be spammed).

Discipline has struck a fine balance as it is. The WS debuff balances the fact that PW:S is talentable off its CD.

A well skilled Holy priest, however, will still be lightyears ahead of a Disco priest in their ability to handle raidwide AoE damage.

To the ground baby!

But seriously, in raids it's fine. No more OP than pally regen, but in pvp it's unbalanced. Disc priests are season 6's holy paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Athor
    Lies = truth

Needs buffing= Fine

loooool so true

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    The recent blue post suggests that Discipline is going to get a nerf to Reflective Shields because apparently it is unfair to rogues that they might take damage while they stunlock and kill you.
    They suggest a nerf to all shields that do dmg, Ret Aura, thorns etc. not just relective shield not very many priest spec into anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    Disc priests are season 6's holy paladins.
    Out of all the healers someone has to be the best, even if it is by a fine margin. Fact of the matter is even with 24k HP and 962 resilience healing in 5s last night in the 0-300+ range I was flying by the seat of my pants, sometimes barely saving myself. If I never dropped below 50% in battles and had near infinite mana we would be the holy paladins of season 6. However melee can still tear us up pretty bad, and we are VERY vulnerable to CC chains.

You know this just proves that there will always be a thread like this. I mean lets make priests easy as fuck to kill that will be GREAT FOR PVP, or make them USEFUL which includes BUFFING THEM. Buff one class nerf another its a fucking revolving door get used to it. Blizzard doesnt care what you think they have read 3352626 threads like this already.

more nerf on disc leveling talents huh? good game.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    You know this just proves that there will always be a thread like this. I mean lets make priests easy as fuck to kill that will be GREAT FOR PVP, or make them USEFUL which includes BUFFING THEM. Buff one class nerf another its a fucking revolving door get used to it. Blizzard doesnt care what you think they have read 3352626 threads like this already.
    On the other hand they do tend to follow up on arenas, just with a delay of 2 months.

Nerf of godmode RMP in S6 week one was very surprising, but it was so broken, it had to be fixed asap. It's still pretty much the only comp to play in 3s even after the nerf, but it's at least beatable if you have good players and they're average now. First week, about the only chance you had was to run some sort of dual stealth cleave comp and just blow the priest in the opener. Else, you lost 0-100.

Hopefully the ridiculous 2v2 and 3v3 stats will clue folks in blizzard in a bit faster then S5, and nerf to rogues and priests will hit fast enough to salvage the season. Till then, expect OP goodness.