Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Add-on for Spriest?

Either this topic is posted on page 15 of Priest Forums, or it's in some other category that I missed. Whatever the case, it would be nice to know.

I have toyed with Dotimer and Quartz. I think both of them suck tbo. Is there a better one out there? Messing with those add-ons, I tried to have it not show VE on my timer but have MB, DP, VT, Shadow Fiend, Inner Focus, Arcane Torrent (BE racial). Some of you might rip me a new one. But still I can't figure out how to make it display those specific cool downs ONLY. Thanks

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Best Add-on for Spriest?

DoTimer is awesome.
    Quartz is a pain in the ass to configure.
    There is also classtimers which is pretty much auto-config.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I always use cooldown count, ecb, sbb, omnicc, and a few others i can't remember the names of. I'm pretty sure you can set cooldown count to flash etc when the cd on selected spells finishes though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowf0x
    math has nothing to do with a game that is based on RNG.

im rolling with azcast bar and ForteXorcist since classtimers is messed up atm and showing EVERY debuff on the boss not just mine no more :/ the best thing about forte is it requires hardly any customization and it also tracks mf so u never clip 2 early and it also follows your cooldowns on mind blast devouring plague sw:d (if u use it)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quartz or ECB are good. Not a big fan of DoTimers personally. OmniCC is good. Never heard of Arcast or ForteXorcist.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntHorizon.html
    Box with an easy to understand graphical display of your junk on target mob. Only thing it lacks is multi-target tracking, but that doesn't bother me personally. Not in Shadow form? disappears when you don't need it.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

I started using Need To Know to track VT, DP, SW:P, and VE after seeing a post about it here a couple months ago. Now I can't imagine playing without it. It's very simple to set up and makes it very easy to track the cooldowns I want to see clearly.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...d-to-know.aspx

An easy one that requires no configuration is out there, keeps track of your DoT's as well as Mind Blast CD and shows you when your casts are ending so you can keep moving quickly afterwards.

EventHorizon

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntHorizon.html

C'mon kids, you gotta know all the pro players use Forte Xorcist.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...teWarlock.html

Knock yourself out It *IS* better than everything else.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    C'mon kids, you gotta know all the pro players use Forte Xorcist.
    What addon are you using then?

15+ Year Old Account

Forte Xcorcist can't do anything that DoTimers can't.

But this EventHorizon looks nice on the screenshots, gotta give it a shot sometimes.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Forte Xcorcist can't do anything that DoTimers can't.
    Better information of resists, ticks, temporary buffs (trinkets), target debuffs, and more.

Tons of things it can do that DoTimers cannot.

15+ Year Old Account

Better information of resists, ticks, temporary buffs (trinkets), target debuffs, and more.

I have temporary buffs (trinkets) displayed in my DoTimers.
    I have target debuffs displayed in my DoTimers.
    And more.

Why would I care about resists? I see them in WWS anyway which is much better to compute such things anyway.

Considering you're not playing hit capped before Misery is applied to a target, your first spell can still fail.

And sometimes you pre-cast on bosses during the Roleplay, and hence getting a first resist because the boss is immune. Forte makes it a lot more obvious to the eye to catch (without doing it overkill).

I tested all the named DoT trackers here, while you clearly haven't tried Forte. Try it out before you try and argue with me about it.

15+ Year Old Account

I tested all the named DoT trackers here, while you clearly haven't tried Forte. Try it out before you try and argue with me about it.
    Oh yeah I forgot that all-knowing Nezoia knows EXACTLY WHICH ADDONS I TRIED AND WHICH I DIDN'T.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you know everything. Try to come down from your high horse for once before argueing with me.
    I tried all the dot-related addons out there. And yeah that includes Forte. I like DoTimers the best.

*cue part where Nezoia flames me for not knowing anything, not having downed Yogg-Saron Hard Mode, and generally being just a pawn to him, like this whole forum here seems to be in his mind*

Will try EventHorizon though which is new.

Better information? what more do you need to know that ur spell has been resisted mr. terribad?

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Oh yeah I forgot that all-knowing Nezoia knows EXACTLY WHICH ADDONS I TRIED AND WHICH I DIDN'T.
    Because you respond like you never seen or heard about the add-on before. Obviously.

15+ Year Old Account

Because you respond like you never seen or heard about the add-on before. Obviously.
    Well you respond like a guy who thinks he's better than everyone else while he isn't. Obviously.

To be fair, under Nezoia's avatar, it does say "Arrogant Wizard" surely thats a disclaimer?

I'm just really surprised a lot of you let him bother you still!! Sure he might be arrogant or an ass, but he does provide some good info on the class. Just take whatever you want from his posts and use it or discard it, the back and forth is just really annoying.

Now onto the post I just use Xperl's debuffs to keep track of my dots, and can just keep watch on my bars for mb to come off c/d. Its pretty simple and keeps my screen clear. Most the time I don't even need that I've been playing Spriest since BC came out so most of the dots are just 2nd nature and can keep them up with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by lolface
    Better information? what more do you need to know that ur spell has been resisted mr. terribad?
    well for starters mr casualcrafter it shows how much dmg u would have done >.> but to the rest of the non casual crafters who raid/pvp to rep our realms in progression its kinda important cause if the boss and its a no brainer bosses still reist partial ammounts of our spells dmg but u can see how much and then figure out someway to fix that problem some how id hope
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)