Noob need a leveling spec advise please...

hi i am a noob to the priest character. i have friends that told me that the best spec is shadow for soloing however i have seen a lot of people with holy even disc so i am just asking what is actually the best for leveling. I am level 22 so not too far yet

Thank you

Re: Noob need a leveling spec advise please...

Shadow is by far the most fun out of the 3 specs also probably the fastest I'm not sure how it was affected by the regen nerf but when I was lvling my priest I was rocking shadow and I had very little down time and it was pretty fun.

Agreed, shadow is the way to go. Once you hit 40 and pick up Shadowform everything just drops.

oh great thanks. So after i get shadowform it easy to level till 80? Becasue i have to say priest is a pain in the arse to level but it was always a charater i wanted to have and i am thinking of making it my main when i hit 80 chainging it from a rogue :P

Yeah once you pick up shadowform in addition to all the other goodies in the shadow tree things should be dropping pretty quick bear in mind you won't be killing things as fast as melee would or mages but you'll do some decent damage.

P.S. Get ready for the constant requests to heal and having to explain to people that your shadow and then having them bash you for your preference in play styles. God forbid we want to play the game the way we enjoy it

i have to say the first 20 levels were a pain to level a priest however after 20 i am enjoying it more and more....still little bit of a pain....maybe its just me chosing classes like that to level i.e rogue. Anyway thanks for all the help appreciated a lot

PS: i kind of expected that really but thanks for the warning

Yeah... shadowform makes life easy. Just like leveling a druid before you get kitty form sucks, so does leveling a priest.

Whether or not you want to go holy is purely dependent on if you have a partner or plan on spending most of your time in instance. Most people will also verify that almost any class can heal instances off-spec until higher levels (Holy makes it easier, but it's still doable). I know people that level and quest as a healing spec whether or not they plan on grouping - it is doable, it's just painful (I leveld 60->70 holy. Painful and never again lol)

Best case scenario - get dual-spec asap... and go holy/disc for instances, shadow for solo. Best of both worlds.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Oh yeah Duel spec makes life so sweet while lvling Im lvling a pally right now and I picked up duel spec as soon as I hit 40 prot for instances and ret for lvling/pvp its awesome if you can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xthform
    Yeah once you pick up shadowform in addition to all the other goodies in the shadow tree things should be dropping pretty quick bear in mind you won't be killing things as fast as melee would or mages but you'll do some decent damage.

P.S. Get ready for the constant requests to heal and having to explain to people that your shadow and then having them bash you for your preference in play styles. God forbid we want to play the game the way we enjoy it
    I heard a rumor that even Shadow-spec'd priests still have access to healing buttons.

expect to heal as shadow. if you hate healing...warlock ----------------that way-------------------->

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Stardude,

Take the advice from everyone above me, shadow is the quickest way to level, hands down.

Over time the other 2 trees, Holy and Disc, have had good upgrades as far as dps output, which helps a ton with leveling quickly.

But take into account whether you are racing to 80 as fast as you can, or trying to learn your class, thru differnt specs, and having fun along the way

I know the grind to 80 is long at times, ive done is (almost 3rd time now) haha, im priest is 78 currently.

I went shadow till 40, then went Holy and never looked back. (yes i know its the opposite of everyone else , lvl 40 you get shadow form)
    But i will tell you, leveling Holy nowadays isnt much harder than shadow. Its just a diff. style of playing.

The main reason i went Holy was becuase I like being able to get groups whenever i wanted, unlike many DPS that sit around and wait for groups to form. as a healer your in demand, and always will be.

Funny twist to my priest thou.
    After being holy for so long, I almost forgot what it felt like to be shadow again.
    So when dual specs came out, I specced Holy and Shadow. Perfect combo. Leveling its easy and groups are no issue.

Whatever you do, pick the spec or class that best suits your playing style, Trust me there is nothing worse than getting to 80 and hating your character lol

Since your still at a low level, i advise you, as a noob, to test out other classes as well.

If this is your first mmorpg, its good to gather up on diff. classes.

I think a good chunk of the wow community came from other games, and had ideas already on which classes suit them best.

Anyways,

Hope this helps in any way, haha.

See you in Northend soon enough fellow priest.

Ciao

Scyno

Quote Originally Posted by Scyno
    Stardude,

Take the advice from everyone above me, shadow is the quickest way to level, hands down.

Over time the other 2 trees, Holy and Disc, have had good upgrades as far as dps output, which helps a ton with leveling quickly.

But take into account whether you are racing to 80 as fast as you can, or trying to learn your class, thru differnt specs, and having fun along the way

I know the grind to 80 is long at times, ive done is (almost 3rd time now) haha, im priest is 78 currently.

I went shadow till 40, then went Holy and never looked back. (yes i know its the opposite of everyone else , lvl 40 you get shadow form)
    But i will tell you, leveling Holy nowadays isnt much harder than shadow. Its just a diff. style of playing.

The main reason i went Holy was becuase I like being able to get groups whenever i wanted, unlike many DPS that sit around and wait for groups to form. as a healer your in demand, and always will be.

Funny twist to my priest thou.
    After being holy for so long, I almost forgot what it felt like to be shadow again.
    So when dual specs came out, I specced Holy and Shadow. Perfect combo. Leveling its easy and groups are no issue.

Whatever you do, pick the spec or class that best suits your playing style, Trust me there is nothing worse than getting to 80 and hating your character lol

Since your still at a low level, i advise you, as a noob, to test out other classes as well.

If this is your first mmorpg, its good to gather up on diff. classes.

I think a good chunk of the wow community came from other games, and had ideas already on which classes suit them best.

Anyways,

Hope this helps in any way, haha.

See you in Northend soon enough fellow priest.

Ciao

Scyno
    Thanks a lot and i have chose a class to be a priest as i said i have a rogue thats fun roo and i have tried warlock and mage which i found really crap as warlock is waiting for a mob to die and mage kills 2 mobs in 20 sec and drinks for 30s its jst not for me. i know that with a priest you have to drink to however its minimal so i like that and it keeps me busy i hate when you have 2 buttons you hit every 10 sec i.e paladin. By saying all this i dont want to offend other classes i just dont like the style of play

Take points in Spirit Tap and then spec whichever you feel is the most fun.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

A bit off topic, but I healed all instances except wotlk ones as a feral druid in healing gear. So getting grups shouldn't be a problem for a shadow priest.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

What I have my wife doing for leveling is enough shadow for mind flay and discipline for the rest. It works pretty well for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Take points in Spirit Tap and then spec whichever you feel is the most fun.
    This

Untill shadowform, Holy is Slightly better

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    This

Untill shadowform, Holy is Slightly better
    Even after shadow form, what might do a little higher damage and sustainability, versus something that the player enjoys while doing the grind...

If I ever decide to level another priest for Gods know whatever reason, a thousand people telling me that Shadow's better than Holy wouldn't change my mind on what, to me, is fun.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~