Thread: Macros

Macros

Hello all first time question asker, long time viewer. anyways I was wondering is there a certain macro you guys use to to heal i.e when I was a mage I had a macro that would trinket, POM, Pyro all in one click.. new to druid and was wondering if there was something like that either for healing or Boomkin?

thanks in advance for your help

Re: Macros

Try looking on the official wow forums, you should be able to find some macro guides there.

what exactly are you trying to get done with these macros?

full time healing macros? oomkin macros? give us more info and you will probably get a lot more useful responses.

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    what exactly are you trying to get done with these macros?

full time healing macros? oomkin macros? give us more info and you will probably get a lot more useful responses.
    well I was gonna dual spec Resto/kin. I have never healed anything before and was just looking for an easy way to heal. Im a clicker and was wondering what other people did like in a OH $hit moment did u hit NS then HT or do u have it macro'd to a key bind

Gzilla beat me to it =P, I didn't actually read the macros on wowwiki, but there are quite a few, and there are some 3.1 updates there. You can also try a google search on druid macros, which is how I and probably how Gzilla found that page.
    Darkness is the absence of imagination.
    ~Lockh33d

^
    I
    Macro's
    Quote Originally Posted by pfcontrol
    well I was gonna dual spec Resto/kin. I have never healed anything before and was just looking for an easy way to heal. Im a clicker and was wondering what other people did like in a OH $hit moment did u hit NS then HT or do u have it macro'd to a key bind
    Well good thing is, if you are a clicker - you will proberly never get in situations that require a o shit button.

anyway goodluck

Edit : lockheed - Ye I remembered something about wow wiki and macro's.
    Google is a good friend.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

if you have never healed before, then try out one of the healing mods out there. healbot, grid/clique, ect...

If you don't like the mod approach then set up mouse over macros.

the only "oh shit" macro you need is the nature's swiftness/healing touch macro.

#showtooltip Healing Touch
    /cast nature's swiftness
    /cast healing touch

but as has been posted earlier in the thread, check out the wowwiki site.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    if you have never healed before, then try out one of the healing mods out there. healbot, grid/clique, ect...

If you don't like the mod approach then set up mouse over macros.

the only "oh shit" macro you need is the nature's swiftness/healing touch macro.

#showtooltip Healing Touch
    /cast nature's swiftness
    /cast healing touch

but as has been posted earlier in the thread, check out the wowwiki site.
    I would not start yourself off gimp... Suck for 2 weeks and learn it the hard way will do better for you in the long run then attempting to use healbot and "learning" your supposed rotations. First off, stop clicking ... there is no black and white to this. If you click as a healer ... you will run into situations where you won't be able to heal worth crap compared to a keybinded grid using healer. Download the mod Grid (or if your up for a full blown UI mod get Pitbull, hard to configure though), learn to use mouse-over settings and keybind. Essentially all you will have to do is hover your mouse over the grid of the player you want to heal and hit the keybind of the heal you wish to use. As a long-timer reader, you should research on your rotation based off your gear/best case scenario and go from there. As far as macros. The link was put up from Wowwiki ... there are no real "YOU MUST HAVE THIS MACRO" buttons that I really see. I do remember keybinding swiftmend and rejuvination in a cast sequence macro ... similarly for self/target/focus macro's for NS + HT. Other then that, your macros should be situational.

how is healbot any different than grid + mouse over macros? other than the obvious UI differences, they are practically the same. They just do the same thing in a different way. instead of having to hit a keyboard button when hovering on a unit frame, you hit your mouse. both are point + button click no matter how you slice it.

dunno where you read anything about "healing rotations" either. I'm pretty sure the approach to healing is exactly the same now matter how you chose to display your raid frames and heal little green bars that get longer and shorter.

Ultimately all of this comes down to personal preference. I've used grid, pitbull, healbot, mouse over macros, x-Perl and i prefer healbot still. A good player is going to do well with any technique, and a shitty one will continue to be shitty no matter what mods/UI they have going.

cool thanks guys for your input

I was more or less referring to the "SmartCast" button that use to be spammed back in this mods history. I don't know how much better this mod is in comparison to other such mods like Grid or UI mods that encompass the effects like Pitbull and Xperl ... but just the fact that a "SmartCast" button is available makes every new healer just raring to download this mod and spam it... THATS what I was referring to.

blizz got rid of that functionality well before BC was released. Now the only "smart cast" function that is in the mod is to check for (de)buffs and only while out of combat. When in combat, the player has to make all of the spell decisions.