Thread: Now then...

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Now then...

My main is a hunter and I enjoy pvp a tremendous amount...but I was gettin sick and tired of Retardins nuking be down in less then 4 secs even with 792 resi. So what do you do in situations like this...if you can't beat them join them, the way it was with rogues in good old tbc

Basically the ultimate point of this post is to have a rant about mages spellsteal...pop wings and freedom! Oh wait thats gone, who has it, the mage! Smashing! It's hard enough getting close to mages, frost or arcane and with BoF we don't stand a chance. Mages have always been the ultimate pvp class imo.

So any pointers to overcoming mages would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Now then...

Quote Originally Posted by Anium
    My main is a hunter and I enjoy pvp a tremendous amount...but I was gettin sick and tired of Retardins nuking be down in less then 4 secs even with 792 resi. So what do you do in situations like this...if you can't beat them join them, the way it was with rogues in good old tbc

Basically the ultimate point of this post is to have a rant about mages spellsteal...pop wings and freedom! Oh wait thats gone, who has it, the mage! Smashing! It's hard enough getting close to mages, frost or arcane and with BoF we don't stand a chance. Mages have always been the ultimate pvp class imo.

So any pointers to overcoming mages would be greatly appreciated.

As a mage..

Put up more buffs - spellsteal is great on paper. but it usualy blows up my mana pool by the time we spellsteal it - you have a brand new CD.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

As a mage...

Edit : Sorry but you rerolled the most op class because you couldnt beat one... and now that you did, you are complaining about it? Mages are freakin easy to down, just do that holy spin wtfpwnopzor thing, you should have us at 14% hp (just like on your huntard), bubble, heal if you really need. then use that range stun and finish the job... move on to the next mage. I just wish I had your patience (or your time to waste) and roll an op class too.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anium
    but I was gettin sick and tired of Retardins nuking be down in less then 4 secs even with 792 resi.
    /middle finger
    no help for you go back to your huntard

Quote Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS
    /middle finger
    no help for you go back to your huntard
    qft

FTM reroller at it's finest !
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

1st helpful post, go me

Just try and spam dispel, save freedom for Deep Freeze or when they're trying to set up a chain as Arcane
    You should be able to at least get a Crusader Strike or DS off, keep up SS and as many buffs as possible and try to save Hammer for when they blink or to interrupt Arcane, then you force block or corpse form
    As a side note you can repentance them and pre-emp freedom before laying into them, they will usually be Hammering blink or you'll force a block again

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    1st helpful post, go me

Just try and spam dispel, save freedom for Deep Freeze or when they're trying to set up a chain as Arcane
    You should be able to at least get a Crusader Strike or DS off, keep up SS and as many buffs as possible and try to save Hammer for when they blink or to interrupt Arcane, then you force block or corpse form
    1 out of 1060 ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    1 out of 1060 ain't bad.
    Thanks.. ,_,

1/1061

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Oxid
    As a mage...

Edit : Sorry but you rerolled the most op class because you couldnt beat one... and now that you did, you are complaining about it? Mages are freakin easy to down, just do that holy spin wtfpwnopzor thing, you should have us at 14% hp (just like on your huntard), bubble, heal if you really need. then use that range stun and finish the job... move on to the next mage. I just wish I had your patience (or your time to waste) and roll an op class too.
    this only ocours in BG's where most mages u meet have already used ice block or blink
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Possible ways to kill a ret paladin. Make them use BoF early, and kite the shit out of them...you should have wyvern sting and traps ready at your finger tips, if they trinket a frost trap put them to sleep, if they bubble that run away or find a hill and disengage. If you find yourself fighting up close with them and you have used everything, deterrence and buy your self a little time to find a way out. I mean yes when they have all of their cooldowns up its going to be hard but after that they are just another melee to kite. But traps, concussive shot, wyvern sting, and disengage will save your ass.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    qft

FTM reroller at it's finest !
    well i were actually saying that because he called us a retard -_-
    but thats good too.. lol

@Seperate: the OP retired his hunter, cuz it got nerfed and since he plays for power and not for fun, he rerolled ret pally. (he may have fun playing ret too but switching class cuz of a nerf is fucking weak, anyways eventualy everything will change again so whatever)

Also: A mage wont blink until he gets stunned, since your partner is a priest, he wont be able to stun him, so I guess your best bet would be to stun him to make him pop the blink and then repentance him... but he's just gonna block or trinket =/

everyone his own beer hehe. i like to stick with my class even if it gets stomped down. as long as the playstyle remains almost the same with those nerfs, its alright with me. cause its the playstyle i like, and a lil bit the looks. plate and a big 2handed weapon = sweet =)

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    1st helpful post, go me

As a side note you can repentance them and pre-emp freedom before laying into them, they will usually be Hammering blink or you'll force a block again
    I applaud you for being constructive.

In the face of mages, I like to pull a little switcheroo on them, but it requires the use of several GCDs, and quick seal activation.

Repentance them FIRST, use this time to activate SoJ and close the gap, usually they trinket out, which is what you're hoping for, then you close the gap and start to wail away at them, they'll either blink to get range, or they'll blink out of your first SoJ stun, mistaking it for HoJ, which you can then use to rock their world, provided you switch back to a damage seal on the rebound.

In general, dont be afraid to swing with SoJ in PvP, even if you're not swapping seals, the proc stun can really jack around with a caster's game.

i dont see the problem with ret pallys tbh.

as a holy pally, they rarely kill me. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Oxid
    Mages are freakin easy to down, just do that holy spin wtfpwnopzor thing, you should have us at 14% hp
    I wish my DS would hit for 15k, too bad it doesn't. Or are you that lvl 71 mage running around in AV with 5k HP?
    This space is available for rent!