Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: This changes everything....are we really ez-mode GC?(eu forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Verteidiger
    Everyone sais retri is playing 1-2-3 keys aint it right? i show you in general what shaman does. Ya say i do 3 skills, shamans do 1. lal
    In general what i wanna say is nothing is easy to play (exept dk's).
    Lawl, yeah? and what might that 1 skill be?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hattai
    Lawl, yeah? and what might that 1 skill be?
    MY POINT IS NOT THAT! ffs, is everyone stupid in here or what?

If you still dont understand, then i will ask you what is our paladin 3 skills that we use ? ds, cs and auto attack? bouble, bop and freedom? consecration, repentance and stun? instant flash heal, SS and sacrefice? judgement, wings and divine plea? And dont tell me that you randomly press a skill of those so that you dont have a "rotation" on them, rofl!

15+ Year Old Account

It seems like it is the point, youre complaining that people are over simplifying your class then to follow that up you do exactly the same.

As an ele I work on a priority system, not a set rotation, first job is to set up totems, open with flame shock, lava burst, then its a game of weaving lightning bolts inbetween the lava burst cooldown, while maintaining the flameshock DoT and the occasional chain lightning for the faster cast time.

While it can be said that we work on a 1-2-3 system (Flameshock, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt) the same basic thing is said about ret with Judgement(whatever one you plan to use), Crusader Strike and Divine Storm. We know theres more to it and you should know theres more to us.

Sorry, im just not a fan of personal digs at my class.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

It seems like it is the point, youre complaining that people are over simplifying your class then to follow that up you do exactly the same.

As an ele I work on a priority system, not a set rotation, first job is to set up totems, open with flame shock, lava burst, then its a game of weaving lightning bolts inbetween the lava burst cooldown, while maintaining the flameshock DoT and the occasional chain lightning for the faster cast time.

While it can be said that we work on a 1-2-3 system (Flameshock, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt) the same basic thing is said about ret with Judgement(whatever one you plan to use), Crusader Strike and Divine Storm. We know theres more to it and you should know theres more to us.

Sorry, im just not a fan of personal digs at my class.
    The thing is that i know, others don't and its anoying.

15+ Year Old Account

this..

Quote Originally Posted by Verteidiger
    The thing is that i know, others don't and its anoying.
    so, your annoyed that others complain about ret at being a 3 button spec?

that's always been said and it wont change anytime soon. get over it already

i just smile at the ignorance of ppl saying such things. they're the players that probably cannot beat a ret in pvp and finding things to bash the spec

Firstly. the Puberty commet = greatness

2ndlly. when you say on demand do you mean a spell/ability you can mash? dosent deathcoil work off Runic power? Arcane Barrage needing 3 of that other spell before its any good and a whole list of other fails while we are at it. and did you just honestly just QQ that your Paladins range isnt as good as a mage? I did lol

C.you claiming not to be eazy Mode and you have a spell thats been Nick Named Bubble?

"This is by design. Blizzard wants to have classes with a very high skill cap so exceptional players have a lot of meat in their characters. They also want to design classes that have a low skill cap, so that less exceptional players can still be effective and have fun."

Lol this made me laugh. One comment in a long line of pointless comments. Yes, I am sure this was Blizzard's intention. Yes, all Paladin's are nubs and only play for fun.

Blizzard are looking into our combat system to make it more entertaining. Get on with life.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

the one that made this topic its seriously a NON SKILLED pvp player. if blizz buffs u its IMBA and very ok, if blizzard nerfs u cause its A NECESITY u start to QQ.
    90% of players that play paladins are retards and fairy tale kids that still dreaming on their shiny armor and divine bubble. GET A LIFE! and if blizz nerfs u DONT whine like a pussy when its not wanked ....LEARN TO PLAY! deal it like a man.NAB!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shanron
    90% of players that play paladins are retards and fairy tale kids
    I thought that was for warriors and hunters....

To say that ret is a 1, 2, 3 spec is, or should be, a gross misinterpritation of the spec as saying all shaman just spam lightning bolt etc. It's true that you can run up to people press your abilities and you could have a good chance of doing well, but if you only do that you'll run up against a brick wall of skill that you'll never be able to overcome.

It's safe to say ret paladin are like elemental shaman in the case that, let them get close and you will take a crapload of damage and die. You have to stop them quickly. People don't though, and then complain when they die, which is silly. To your average paladin player, it seems like most people don't actually want paladin to win for any reason other than "they suck and shouldn't be able to do dps". It's a form of online discrimination.

Anyway, if blizzard do want to change how our damage works, well, as long as it doesn't hurt pve then I suppose I'm all for it. If it gets rid of the stigma of paladin being an easy class for mouthbreathers then that's good. What I think the OP was getting at though was that it doesn't help the cause when a blue, even in jest, says paladin are an easy class. It just opens the floodgates of QQ's who finally have backing to say they were right about ret being short for retardadin.

Warrior - Mortal Strike.

An "On-Demand" ability, that not only functions as damage it provides PvP utility as well. While Physical, this on demand damage is quite capable of dealing high numbers.

Whirlwind - Another "On-Demand" damage ability. A simular version of our Divine storm.

You could argue that warrior needs a certain stance, I see this point as moot since that this was the general mechanics behind a warrior. Warriors have gap closers, snares, healing debuffs, minor stuns, good sustained and decent burst. They have unique abilities that require timing such as overpower or "on next melee" such as Heroic strike, but also have the option to spam on demand. Rage is not an issue since yes, warriors can only do this if they have rage, paladins can only do things if they have mana. While opposite in starting full or empty, the difference being, once a paladin is empty it is far harder to regain APM as fast as what an empty warrior would.
    Rage is not an issue.... ignorance at its best...
    rage makes HUGE difference, dont compare paladin mechanics with warr mechanics
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanron

90% of players that play paladins are retards and fairy tale kids that still dreaming on their shiny armor and divine bubble. GET A LIFE! and if blizz nerfs u DONT whine like a pussy when its not wanked ....LEARN TO PLAY! deal it like a man.NAB!
    You play an online game and read a forum, and you are telling someone to get a life? If you are a orc-warrior bleeding everything you are a life ruler because your toon isn't shiny? Troll.
    Most of paladins play that class because they like to have 3 specs, or they like their unique mechanics.

The OP is right IMO, Blizzard says the ret paladins have too much burst, so they nerf burst. But they don't have anything but burst. Same thing about holy paladins, people say we are the easiest healingclass, and all blizzard do is nerf our skills so we can keep on holy/flash ligh spamming.

But you forgot to mention Hand Of Freedon, which is a damn powerfull skill for gap-closing. I find WAY more easy to kite warriors/dks than ret paladins on arena. Just rogues are worse, but they can't burst while stunning anyway.