Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...

Re: Ulduar Nerf, Recent Hotfixes, Blue Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Relion
    Ok so why does your own raid/guild fail in Ulduar then?

Cleared everything sans Algalon first week, including Ignis before fixes :P Ulduar is a rude wakeup call to the guilds who facerolled Naxx and now expect the same thing in Ulduar.
    Because no one is hardcore. We had troubles in NAXX. Generally, there are people that are undergeared, some that are not very smart, some that just sucks at doing something like MOVING around. Casual troubles, you know. If you make sure everyone in the guild does 5k DPS on patch, then its hardcore (for example). While we have "minimum requirements", are not hard on them.

I can personally say I would fit right in in an hardcore guild, I adapt easily and almost always succeed at what I'm asked. Not bragging - nothing is ever really "hard" - but a LOT of people have troubles in the simplest of things. Thaddius, anyone? Even with the FOUR POINT SYSTEM, we still couldn't redo it last time because of a few people.

Normal, casual guilds will deal with these things. Hardcore will not. Another point: Almost everyone can't raid out of weekends, and fridays, and not everyone can raid 10 hour in a row (and we rarely do).

Quote Originally Posted by Ytajs
    I wanna try compare this to Soccer,
    If ur good @ playing Soccer, u get to be in premier league, whatever, if ur not as good, u stay in small countries and small clubs playing "casual soccer", what u want is to play in premier league, even tho u do not have the skills to it, and u wanna nerf the lvl of Premier league, so the good soccer players cant get a challenge anymore..
    Hard mode bosses will be a challenge from now and 3 weeks forward, then that is on farm, and we have nothing els to do, other then practicly quit wow til the next content patch.

I know it sounds wierd to compare soccer to wow, but only way i can explain it.
    I'll bite...

The issue here is, the gap is to extreme. it's akin to you having a decent, but nowhere near world class team, but your only choices for opponents are to take on 10 year old soccer teams, or get stomped by the top teams in the EPL.

Normal mode is quickly transforming into faceroll mode, while hard modes got buffed, to the extent that normal guilds would not be able to beat them, even though faceroll mode was cake for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jarell88

Normal mode is quickly transforming into faceroll mode, while hard modes got buffed, to the extent that normal guilds would not be able to beat them, even though faceroll mode was cake for them.
    The first thing that was said was that it would change the PVE lvl, it would be hard on all aspects, and challeging, see what happend, they are nerfed to the lvl just above Naxx lvl.
    Now they say they will keep hard mode hard, but for how long? As i said, it wont be long before casuals get tired of doing normal mode ulduar, they will complain bout hard modes not being for them aswell, after all we all pay the same amount of money for this game, Max 1-2 months, and they start nerfing Hard modes, just like sartharion (Feel like repeating myself) that was pugable in the end of 3.0..
    we will see if blizzard Blows this game up once again and nerfs all hard mode aswell. time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    I'm an enlgish major
    You're obviously not doing very well.

Quote Originally Posted by kuka
    sure, the next patch u can ask to add a button to fight or skip the boss, so u can go ahead and see Vezax, Yogg-Saron and Algalon
    the 1st night -.-

i've really hoped that uld would have been a new AQ or more like the old nax..
    something different from the other content, something more exciting.
    This major nerf has kill any hope to see a difference between some1 that play 1 hour sometimes and some1 that dedicate to the game more time..

yesterday evening we have do all untill freya in a 3hours run .. and we aren't an highend guild..
    i was more than bored.. and like me almost all my raid.

i think that in a week we are at the end of uld, and in a month the hard mode will be done.. and then for "non
    casual ppl" that anyway "pays the same monthly subscription you do" there'll be anything to do, if not leaving this game that is becomnig a game for 5-9 years old players...

ty for ruining this game with ur QQ

ps sry my bad english
    I'm not sure how I ruined the game with my "QQ." To clarify, I had no complaints with the instance. I just find it logical that you can now comfortably progress through the first 11 bosses with the same composition, rather than having to accomodate for precisely tuned early encounters by throwing in an extra healer. I don't see how your comments regarding a button to skip bosses is relevant... I think your English comprehension is letting you down here.

I wanna try compare this to Soccer,
    If ur good @ playing Soccer, u get to be in premier league, whatever, if ur not as good, u stay in small countries and small clubs playing "casual soccer", what u want is to play in premier league, even tho u do not have the skills to it, and u wanna nerf the lvl of Premier league, so the good soccer players cant get a challenge anymore..
    Hard mode bosses will be a challenge from now and 3 weeks forward, then that is on farm, and we have nothing els to do, other then practicly quit wow til the next content patch.

I know it sounds wierd to compare soccer to wow, but only way i can explain it.
    You know they've repeatedly buffed the hard modes, right? Have you completed them all yet? I'd reserve your complaints until you have.

Quote Originally Posted by aguas
    I don't mind nerfs if they are done after some months not less than 6 or so, let the non hardcore guilds appreciate the content slower but with the same dificulty. I went yesterday with a new guild try X2 that we only tried 2or 3 times with wipes before patch and in 25man we did it 1st try, this is a joke....
    Congratulations, you killed the 2nd boss of the instance which introduces brilliant new concepts such as, "Move away from other players when debuffed" and "AoE down the adds." Are you really pulling a high and mighty whinge without even viewing 75% of the instance? How can you complain about "joke" content when you haven't even completed it yet?

it wont be long before casuals get tired of doing normal mode ulduar, they will complain bout hard modes not being for them aswell, after all we all pay the same amount of money for this game, Max 1-2 months, and they start nerfing Hard modes, just like sartharion (Feel like repeating myself) that was pugable in the end of 3.0..
    You're looking at it from the wrong angle. They won't nerf hard modes as to provide accessibility for casuals. You clearly don't understand the (blatantly obvious) design scheme behind the current raid model. The base content is available for everyone. That monthly subscription entitles you to see the same bosses as everyone else. Of course, this doesn't please the hardcores, so they develop an additional layer on top, which is the same fights - except with different methods of execution. This content is optional, and by no means is it necessary in order to progress in 3.2. I guess the best comparison would be the Achievement system itself. You can just be a casual player and enjoy running Heroics, 10-mans and PvP: no-one's forcing you to invest 75k into buying all of the mounts available in the game just so you can complete an achievement. But if you're hardcore, then the option is there for you.

It's pretty wild how single-minded people can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Since my post count is rougly 10x yours I'll give you a big STFU because I'm obviously your superior

Quit wow indefinitely...

Raiding is a joke, and "hard mode" is a sad way to keep the retarded little kid wow zombies to keep paying the monthly fee for a crap ass dungeon experience.

Reading these posts makes me realize how shitty the wow community has gotten.

Making content hard as hell so only a small population of an MMO can experience it is far more intriguing and eye catching than an MMO that puts everything on brain dead mode and hands out loot like there is no tomorrow. Nothing is impressive anymore. There are no characters anymore that can wow you with their gear.. because the next poor sap next to you that probably never saw half the shit you did is just as geared as you now. So now the better players have cool titles? Mounts? Achievements?... Please that shit is wack.

"Hard mode" is a stupid, lazy way to not add more dungeon content and only makes the things you are doing that much more repetitive. I'll take another raid over a hard mode of the same raid anyday..

Enjoy flying every week to the same zone, same instance, fighting the same bosses ("on hard mode") for a couple of extra epics and titles for months on end.

R.I.P Raiding, was a brilliant concept while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Olasko
    Enjoy flying every week to the same zone, same instance, fighting the same bosses ("on hard mode") for a couple of extra epics and titles for months on end.
    As opposed to the previous three years where you "flew to the same zones, same instances, fought the same bosses (on one mode with no variation in difficulty or execution whatsoever) with no incentive, no additional rewards and no titles for months on end."

If you think raiding is dead now, what was it before? At least now you have options and goals. Before it was just "show up every week and repeat the same mindless tasks until you're drooling on yourself."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Since my post count is rougly 10x yours I'll give you a big STFU because I'm obviously your superior

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee

You know they've repeatedly buffed the hard modes, right? Have you completed them all yet? I'd reserve your complaints until you have.
    done thorim and freya after 1 week on hard modes. so ye..

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Olasko
    Quit wow indefinitely...

Raiding is a joke, and "hard mode" is a sad way to keep the retarded little kid wow zombies to keep paying the monthly fee for a crap ass dungeon experience.

Reading these posts makes me realize how shitty the wow community has gotten.

Making content hard as hell so only a small population of an MMO can experience it is far more intriguing and eye catching than an MMO that puts everything on brain dead mode and hands out loot like there is no tomorrow. Nothing is impressive anymore. There are no characters anymore that can wow you with their gear.. because the next poor sap next to you that probably never saw half the shit you did is just as geared as you now. So now the better players have cool titles? Mounts? Achievements?... Please that shit is wack.

"Hard mode" is a stupid, lazy way to not add more dungeon content and only makes the things you are doing that much more repetitive. I'll take another raid over a hard mode of the same raid anyday..

You, my good sir. Is right.

Deleted

As opposed to the previous three years where you "flew to the same zones, same instances, fought the same bosses (on one mode with no variation in difficulty or execution whatsoever) with no incentive, no additional rewards and no titles for months on end."
    If you think raiding is dead now, what was it before? At least now you have options and goals. Before it was just "show up every week and repeat the same mindless tasks until you're drooling on yourself."
    THe defrence on now and BC is that Bc was more challeging, it required skillz to kill kil' jaeden before nerf, Ulduar requirs gear, nothing els. I dont belive u have done any hard mode in ulduar, most fights is just a question "Can ur tank take a 45k crit?" if not, u wipe, if he can, grats u got a kill. our tanks got 1 shot, only reason we could not kill it before, so y, wow that is quiet some hard moding there...
    with the "Wow effect" of gear, yes.. most ppl pre bc did not experience Molten core, onyxia or bwl. Zg was tops for most ppl, so having epic gear back then with only rank 12-13 being epics other then the 20-40man instance, made a wow effect, ppl inspected ur gear in orgrimmar, ppl said "Nice gear". Ppl saying that these days is rare, coz even the most retarded 10 year old can get full epic. Therefor i think most ppl look back on pre bc as the best time of wow, and that is, imo what Blizz so go for in a upcoming expansion "The Emerald Dream".
    Wotlk is so borring PVE wise, im alrdy looking forward to next expansion, sick.

The incentives in Pre BC and Vanilla were much much much bigger then a couple of achievements and mounts. If raiding was the same as it is now, minus the hard modes, you would be right. But you can't compare the difficulty of AQ40, NAXX, and BT, Sunwell and and old raid progression with WOTLK's.

Options and goals were to be among the top guilds that could actually clear hard end game content. That doesn't exist anymore. It does in the form of cute "hard modes."

I rather have worked hard back then for gear that not any average joe could get, then work hard to differentiate myself from the noobs with a stupid title anyday.

Deleted

Also the progress list on wowprogress.com was WAY more interesting pre bc then it is now, back then u had to be skilled, fight hard and use alot of hours wiping to get in as nr. 1 on that list...
    Now it is just a matter of which servers that are first online on patch day, who got the most spare time Irl (Putting myself out as a no lifer, but anything to defend pre bc pve difficulty), and having all contest cleared after 36 hours of raiding (Gj Ensidia). while there in naxx pre bc went well over a few months before any1 had killed kael'thuzad. And ppl back then didnt complain bout the content, u had to fight hard to get to epic gear, and the reward of being "Wow'ed" @ in Ironforge/Orgrimmar was reward enough (for me atleast). If we could bring back this time in wow, i would never consider quitting again, as i have been doing quiet a few times.

Way to make the game easy as pie.