Thread: Help ToTT macro

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help ToTT macro

hi there guys .. i need some help ..

im looking for a smashable macro the let me SS my target AN ToTT a determinated player w/e the 30 sec CD its up

so i just ToTT ss ss ss ss ss ss an so on for 30 secs ... an then while i keep smashing that button the new ToTT goes off

Re: Help ToTT macro

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast [target=name,help] Tricks of the Trade
    /cast mutilate or Sinister Strike

I have not try this myself so hope this will work for you.

If you don't want any "this ability is not ready yet", the only way I can think of is a castsequence

something like

#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
    /castsequence reset=15 Tricks of the Trade, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike

Although, I would highly suggest not to use something like this. There are quite a few mobs/boss out there where this kind of thing could went wrong and wipe the raid. It is always better to know when and who will be recieving the ToTT.

Go with something more simple like

/cast [target=focus,help] Tricks of the Trade

You can switch "focus" with any playername you like.

This is the standard macro that lets you use TotT on your focus-target without losing your target.

/cast [target=focus] Tricks of the Trade

Lets say you're in a 5-man instance. Bind the macro to a key close to your normal rotation. Shift+E or shift+Q are some decent spots to put it.
    When you engage in battle, simply target a mob and use your macro! (Remember to be in range of the tank)
    To let the tank get some AoE aggro on a pack of mobs, try spamming FoK (Fan of knives) after popping TotT.
    If you wanna do great dps + give the tank an awesome amount of threat, start by popping the macro from stealth, cheap shot a mob, use SnD, pop blade flurry and use killing spree. After doing these kind of moves, you'll be able to spam FoK until the mobs are dead, without having to worry about aggro.
    Just some ideas :P
    And btw, i found the macro i've posted here within 7.8seconds of search on google.. please do everyone a favor and check if things have been posted before. With so many players playing the same game, it's very likely that everything have been asked before, and things that haven't are most likely questions not deserving answers.

(My first post on Mmo-champion! Yay me!)

Ps. Seriously, just do it like this. It's so easy, and trying to do what you're suggesting is kinda lame, and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhellplayer
    Ps. Seriously, just do it like this. It's so easy, and trying to do what you're suggesting is kinda lame, and boring.
    AND it's pretty bad, as Onigoroshi pointed out when he mentioned the castsequence-macro. Reason for this is that TotT uses a GCD, thus you're not able to spam it along Sinister Strike.

these macro's don't work in arena?

Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

Ghostretard: Nah, we'll cut the balls off mutilate, lawl

Rogue community:...................

Ghostretard: We're happy where rogues are in PvP

Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

Just make an extra button and use:

/clearfocus [target=focus,noexists]
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus, exists] Tricks of the Trade; Tricks of the trade

Or something like that.

you guys are missing the concept here .. i have a macro to make ToTT to the tank of my target, i have one for my focus, i even have one to just give to my partner rogue while he gives me his, its here the thing, on a boss, i dont wanna be watching a 30 sec CD to be up ... jsut wanna smash a macro that keeps doing SS an my ToTT to my felow rogue

Quote Originally Posted by DrBlackJack
    you guys are missing the concept here .. i have a macro to make ToTT to the tank of my target, i have one for my focus, i even have one to just give to my partner rogue while he gives me his, its here the thing, on a boss, i dont wanna be watching a 30 sec CD to be up ... jsut wanna smash a macro that keeps doing SS an my ToTT to my felow rogue
    And this is why combat rogues have a bad rap. Because some of them only want to smash 1 button. And then go posting on the internet about how they only want to smash 1 button. FFS.

I use Grid as my raid frames, along with Clique to be able to mouse over the frames and use abilities easily.

My ToTT is Shift + left click....so i just mouseover my targets raid frame...press shift+click and ToTT....ez.

And whoever said they dont want to watch a 30 second cooldown probly fails at being a rogue. I guess you dont watch SnD or Rupture timers either.

grats on being just another fail rogue.

/cast [target=targettarget,exists,nodead] Tricks of the Trade
    /cast [target=focus] Tricks of the Trade

This should cast it on the target that the mobs has targeted, or on your focus target if your not in combat (or the mob doesn't *have* a target, like phase2 vashj). Note that this isn't a perfect implementation. Mobs tend to switch targets when casting abilities. If you hit it at the wrong time you can definitely cast it on an unintended target. I recommend just sticking with the basic focus macro. The other option is to do this:

/cast [target=focus,exists,nodead] [help] Tricks of the Trade
    /cast [target=MainTanksName] Tricks of the Trade

This allows you to continue using your focus for mobs if need be, as long as, on those rare occasions where having a free focus target is really helpful, you replace 'MainTanksName" with the appropriate name.

In the end, convoluted macros don't really help all that much as, the more you try to make a macro do, the harder it is to meet the exact conditions where you want it to work as intended. Also note I'm not a macro guru. If someone notices something here that won't work the way I think it should, say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Benefits
    I use Grid as my raid frames, along with Clique to be able to mouse over the frames and use abilities easily.

My ToTT is Shift + left click....so i just mouseover my targets raid frame...press shift+click and ToTT....ez.

And whoever said they dont want to watch a 30 second cooldown probly fails at being a rogue. I guess you dont watch SnD or Rupture timers either.

grats on being just another fail rogue.

Thats a great idea, that would work effectively in arena as well??

Best thing for arena imo is to make a macro like my current which works like wonders.

/cast [target=playername] Tricks of the trade

No need for point and click or focus target.
    Dicedz || Rogue on Shattered Hand PvP EU.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&n=Dicedz

Quote Originally Posted by Dice
    Best thing for arena imo is to make a macro like my current which works like wonders.

/cast [target=playername] Tricks of the trade

No need for point and click or focus target.
    For arena yeh, but for raids, you'll be forced to change that macro every day, or a few times per hour.

I just use a target=focus macro and have focus hotkeyed so I can swap targets relatively easily, especially in the middle of a fight. Helps on fights like razorscale where you want to TotT the add tanks then swap it to a dps for the landings.

I use the same macro for pve also. I just change the player name which isn't hard I also have a normal ToTT on my bars if my target should die for some reason so I can trick others. Yes i could make yet another macro for that but i'm lazy.
    Dicedz || Rogue on Shattered Hand PvP EU.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&n=Dicedz

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    For arena yeh, but for raids, you'll be forced to change that macro every day, or a few times per hour.
    Nah, I have 2 macros setup just like that. I put 2 names in and pretty much set for the night. It takes only a couple seconds to do. If I need to sub in another name I usually have enough time to change it.

I thought I saw a macro where it would flag your chosen character and would use it in your actual tott macro. It wasn't a focus type macro.

Stabbycat 80 Rogue - Juggrnaught 80 DK - Dimwhit 80 Lock - Pembrook 80 Drood - Bakhmar 71 War - Baakmar 71 Mage - Wagyu 71 Hunter -- and that's just Lothar Horde!!

i ve around 10 ToTT macro's , each for 1 tank in guild and i just swap them depending on tank , i dont know if it will be useful but try this:

/target (name of the tank)
    /cast Tricks of the trade
    /assist

targets tank casts ToTT and grabs his target , easy simple and useful depending which tank is doing his job , i usually have 2 of this while raiding.

cheers
    He Had died of natural causes - because a dagger in the heart naturally kills you.

This is my most helpful macro for TotT. It casts TotT on my Target's target so you don't have to set any focuses or anything. Just have to select your target and use TotT.

/cast [target=targettarget] Tricks of the Trade

And then you have your cookie cutter Focus macro.

Quote Originally Posted by JetzIIDX
    This is my most helpful macro for TotT. It casts TotT on my Target's target so you don't have to set any focuses or anything. Just have to select your target and use TotT.

/cast [target=targettarget] Tricks of the Trade

And then you have your cookie cutter Focus macro.

I have one macro that basically does what those two do in one.

Code:
    /cast [help] [target=focus, help] [target=targettarget, help] Tricks of the Trade
    Basically...
    If target is friendly, cast tott on target.
    If target is hostile and you have a friendly focus target, cast tott on that.
    And finally, if your target is hostile and you have no focus, cast on target of target.

I generally focus another rogue/melee, target the tank on the pull, and then just hit it when the CD is up and I'm on low energy later in the fight.