Rerolling for pvp arena character

Hello everyone. I decided that i want to do arena seriously... the only problem is the way to start it. I wanted to know which for you guys was the best between these options i will list you beneaf. I would try going for a pvp healer. or a real good pvp class.
    This is the list.

• Resto Druid
    • Resto shammy
    • holy or disc Priest
    • holy pala
    • rogue, mage or warlock.

I would prefer trying something with healer. please post the class you think its best/more fun and tell why.

Re: Rerolling for pvp arena character

Quote Originally Posted by Lorshavrel
    Hello everyone. I decided that i want to do arena seriously... the only problem is the way to start it. I wanted to know which for you guys was the best between these options i will list you beneaf. I would try going for a pvp healer. or a real good pvp class.
    This is the list.

• Resto Druid
    • Resto shammy
    • holy or disc Priest
    • holy pala
    • rogue, mage or warlock.

I would prefer trying something with healer. please post the class you think its best/more fun and tell why.
    Well there are a couple factors that we need to deal with first

1) What bracket are you planning on doing? 2's only? 2's & 3's? 5's? All of the above? Some classes shine in 2's, but fall flat in 3's & 5's (and the reverse is of course true as well).

2) Who is your preferred partner(s)? All of the classes you listed are pretty competitive, but without the right synergy you're not going to get too far (unless you simply outskill your opponents).

Rogue.
    Easy answer.
    Even if they nurf priest/rogue they'll leave rogue alone. They are great in 2's, better in 3's and definitely not ineffective in 5's.
    I'm going to level my 70 rogue to 80 and start farming pvp gear for him.

Rogue, Resto Druid, or Priest.

If it is a healer you want to play go Priest. If you want a all round decent class in PvP for all aspects going Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by pearceboi15
    If it is a healer you want to play go Priest. If you want a all round decent class in PvP for all aspects going Rogue
    www.elitistjerks.com

Personally, I would say stop the fotm crap and play the class YOU, not anyone else, but YOU want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehemence
    Personally, I would say stop the fotm crap and play the class YOU, not anyone else, but YOU want to.
    I rerolled s3 to a druid fotm.

I now love my class and can't imagine playing anything else i even struggled through s5 and got rival as boomkin.

so sometimes fotm rerolls can end up being the class you love.

Touché.

Well if you are just starting in arenas then a Priest is certainly not the character to do so with. They are horribly ineffective without gear, and once they get nerfed back (which will come soon, some of it has come already), they will be back to being a high-skill required class, which may be hard to learn while learning arenas. I would suggest shaman.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Well if you are just starting in arenas then a Priest is certainly not the character to do so with. They are horribly ineffective without gear, and once they get nerfed back (which will come soon, some of it has come already), they will be back to being a high-skill required class, which may be hard to learn while learning arenas. I would suggest shaman.
    Now aint that a big pile of bullS...
    Priests have always been 1 (if not THE) best healers in arena. Ofc if your closed minded and only think about 2s then maybe not. But combine 2s,3s and5s they have always been high/good. Right now priests play with mage/warr/rogue/dk and do well with all of em. Ofc P/R is gonna get a setback at 1 point, but then again that combo have always been a top combo. Same with mage/priest since late S3 early S4. Even priest/warr have been high on the rating since S3 early S4 where druids got the shaft.

Yes they got a very hard learning curve. It requires (imo) more from a priest then most other healers. But they have never realy (beside S5) been shafted so hard they werent good in arena.

But choose the healer on how your playstyle is. Priests require you to be very offensive player, more then any other healer. If you like to play the defensive game i would go druid/shaman.
    I cant realy comment on paladins state atm. Seems buffs/nerfs is rolling up and down on that class.
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Do arena as feral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowf0x
    math has nothing to do with a game that is based on RNG.

rogue is a safe bet. the one season in the last 4 when they werent stupidly op saw a 60% drop in arena participation , the season was the shortest on record and ended with blizz buffing rogues up and destroying the only class that was able to counter them.

blizz wont risk nerfing rogues again