Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can a bear tank Ulduar 25man?

Hi there,

My guild has never used druids as main tanks before (indeed never used them besides healing and sometimes moonkins), but after one of our paladins leaving we are starting to consider it.

My question is pretty simples, can a bear tank all the content? Or do they take too much damage for it being viable?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can a bear tank Ulduar 25man?

you can tank everything but with dK's it's much easier if you look at mimiron p1 or so where heavy damge in short times arrives with a shorter duration then 1m (barkskin)

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

NOOOOOOOOOOOO BEARS ARE USELESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course you can MT ulduar with a Feral, you can MT it with a Pally / Dk / Warrior is you want as well. This has been said OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER (see the trend here ?) AND OVER AND OVER by blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

To offer a more anecdotal response, our MT is a bear and we killed Yogg the first week. They're quite effective.

true warriors/druids/pallys/DK's can all MT anything depends on ur gear and skill

Currently tho DK's are best for ulduar.
    Bears aren't to bad able to take heavy hits have high hit points just need your avoidence up.

Can I have a WWS and/or armory of a good bear tank armory?

I haven't said they are useless, sometimes we used them as OT, because they took too much damage compared with paladins/warr.

Do you believe once everybody is using BiS DK's still still be the best Ulduar tank?

Thanks again.

Please delete all your charectors and deactive your account for making such a moronic post

im dual pve tank / pve dps on 25 i tank on every fight part from xt, mimiron, general and yogg coz of 5k+ dps i can do as kitty.. when im tanking i MT apart from thorin & Razorscale oh and auriaya [ forgot im tanking add in my dps build/eq and then i go dps ]

if u have full naxx eq 4 tanking its not a problem 2 tank uld [ all of it ]
    cry out

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmassacre
    Please delete all your charectors and deactive your account for making such a moronic post
    Learn English please.

15+ Year Old Account

sounds like the Op is missing about 3 years of his wow life.

We've used a feral druid as MT on most fights in ulduar, pretty much the same as any other tank... but he is usually pretty easy to heal, though perhaps a little more mana draining for the healers, but small tradeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO BEARS ARE USELESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course you can MT ulduar with a Feral, you can MT it with a Pally / Dk / Warrior is you want as well. This has been said OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER (see the trend here ?) AND OVER AND OVER by blizzard.
    I tanked several encouter with my Turtlepet :P..... .... .. !

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmassacre
    Why don't you do the same for making such an idiotic statement.
    <Aurora Borealis> Grim Batol EU
    ----------------------------------------
    Main: Superstitíon (Warlock)

Alts: Gompe (Warrior), Superstition (Mage), Superstitión (Priest)

My bearcow alt has maintanked almost all bosses in ulduar25 so far up to General Vezax.
    Our healers swear I'm easier to heal than the plate tank... the main difference being that I take smaller hits than the plates (higher armor), but have slightly lower avoidance (3-5%) than the warrior at least (our pally+dk "tanks" are too lazy to tank and just want to pewpew
    Additionally, I push out about 1k more dps than our warrior tank...
    Despite that, I was not BiS geared yet before Ulduar, after all he's just my alt... (in theory >.<)

Yes they can.

We have used a bear tank for all bosses of 25man Ulduar, including Yogg.

Just need to do hard modes and see how he fares with Algalon.

Indeed I'm not playing since Vanila. I started playing almost at the end of S3 and despites doing some raid in TBC, I really started raiding at WOTLK.

I'm not pretending I understand something about tanks, specially druids. I have never seen one good geared to compare with the others classes I always see around. That's why maybe I'm doing the topic.

What are the stats of a fully buffed and well geared bear?

I'm glad anyway that most people are saying they have tanked and it's doable.

makes me want to go to the shaman forum and post

"HAY KIN AH ENHARC SHAYMEN DEEPS? CUZ WE ONLY USE ROUGES."

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dambros

I'm glad anyway that most people are saying they have tanked and it's doable.
    Since you already stated that your knowledge on tanking is limited, it might be helpfull to realize some additional things;

As of WotLK, blizzards official perspective is that each tanking class is (supposed to be) equal... Also, it gets difficult to compare the classes since they each utilize many different stats

I can spare you with all the details though, because in the end it truly does depend MUCH more on the person playing the class then about the class thats tanking

However, mixing your tanks is never a bad idea; there will always be certain encounters where a specific class will have a small advantage over another - and ofcourse, you can gear up a warrior+paladin+druid much faster/at the same time, while gearing up 3 warriors will take much longer since they each desire the same items.

Deleted

In Vanilla WoW, druids could tank AQ40 (hey, at least my guild could).
    In TBC, druids could be fairly good MT in most fights, or a good OT.
    In WOTLK, which has been out for months, you haven't grouped with a single feral druid to give you some insight? :P

On behalf of every druid, i would like to say that we are more than capable of tanking stuff. Heck, i MT every single run we do, and thats going quite well

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dambros
    In my case, roughly 50% dodge, 8% miss (after DR, with Idol proc), 31k armor (with Devo Aura, but no Inspiration), 44k hp.
    This from having 2xT8.25, 2xT7.25 and a combination of Naxx/Ulduar 25 gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.