Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Can a bear tank Ulduar 25man?

Well in my guild we usually have a tanking-rotation, meaning that everyone gets to tank.
    For instance I MT Ignis, another guy MT XT-002 and so on.

However we usually prefer using druids (we got 2 ferals) on slow and hard hitting bosses. Take Ignis (pre-nerf, since he hits like a pussy now) and Steelbreaker. Both of these can(or could) easily hit for 30k+ on a single hit.

Thanks for all replies buddies.

It may be strange, but I only did 1 5man with a druid some time ago. We has way overgeared for that run (COT timed) and it went pretty well I remember.

By the stats arel00 said, a druid can get more avoidance than a warrior/paladin

Quote Originally Posted by dambros
    Hi there,

My guild has never used druids as main tanks before (indeed never used them besides healing and sometimes moonkins), but after one of our paladins leaving we are starting to consider it.

My question is pretty simples, can a bear tank all the content? Or do they take too much damage for it being viable?

Thanks in advance.

We use different tank for different roles. Not one tank to MT everything. But usually when I see that fat bear arse charge up to something, the bear doesn't die. Unless ofc all the healers suddenly decide to die.

From what I've seen bear tanks are still fine.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dambros
    By the stats arel00 said, a druid can get more avoidance than a warrior/paladin
    By any means, yes, we're about the same.

For comparison: equally geared prot paladin sets at 9% miss, 26% dodge, 19% parry, with 28k armor and 44k hp.
    Block chance of 46% (Holy Shield accounted for), with a value of roughly 2.4k under Libram proc.
    To my previous post, add roughly 42% crit chance, with a SD value of around 1.9k.

Edited to add: it is also true that, while I don't have threat problems, the paladin's TPS is insanely skyrocketing. Wish I had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.