Disc Priest / Rogue vs. Arms Warrior /resto Druid

Hi all
    Im slowly going up the 2vs2 bracket as a disc priest (partner rogue). The only problem is when we are meeting arms warrior with a resto druid. This fight keep on going for ages until i go OOM. We tried by CC'ing the warrior and nuking the druid, but it seems the druid is impossible to kill for my rogue partner, and the warrior keeps breaking my fears.
    Any suggestion how to beat this combo?

Re: Disc Priest / Rogue vs. Arms Warrior /resto Druid

Very easy fight for disc priest / rogue.

Go in there and dispel everything, have your rogue sit on the warrior, have him pop feint when warriors uses bladestorm for less damage. you have to keep your rogue topped off, and stay near the druid, if the warrior gets below 60%, fear the druid. You then assist in killing the warrior, use holy fire, mindblast, swd, and penance. The druid should trinket to keep the warrior alive. Then next time fear is up, use it on the druid, help the rogue burst the warrior again, and have the rogue blind as soon as the druid is going to be out of fear. Make sure he gets that blind off and its gg.
    Official Blizzard Quote:
    [Blizzard Source]

HEY GUYS I HEARD YOU COULD FEAR DRUIDS IN ARENA (ONCE)

DONT WORRY, WE FIXED IT

The engineering boot enchant, Nitro Boosts, will no longer be usable in rated or skirmish arena matches.

i play retripala/druid at 2k+ rated ( s6 ). Most of the time when i face anything with a priest.. they will try to fear me ( restodruid ) or stunlock me while the priest burns down my mana. After this i have to play very defensive to slowly build my mana-pool back up ( if me and my paladin failed at avoiding this situation ) until im confident enough again to play offensive ( and risk more burns ). The key here is, that my paladin cant win withoud my cyclones or heals. Thesame goes for the warrior.

You want to have the warr/druid play defensive because thats where the druid will go for a drink, while the warrior is tanking your rogue for example. Drinking is where most healers make the mistake... they stay out of combat just a little bit longer to get those few precious manas.. get a blind and a fear up and let him watch how the warrior dies. ( make sure you learn to time this. Depending on who the warrior is slowing atm.. If the rogue is free from slows.. lets your rogue sprint up to the druid and blind him/sprint back. While hes blinded you run up to the druid to fear him as soon as the blind ends.) Try to get a feeling for the dmg.. you might want to start burning the druid again while he is feared instead of dpsing the warrior. As i said.. the warrior cant win on his own. he needs the druid cc's and heals which obviously cost mana.

Also.. an emptey mana-bar on the druid means aeasy kill for your rogue. These tactics are mainly for properly geared ppl tho... and if you ask these questions.. i know your probebly around 1500 rating or so.

Have fun trying tho.. better learn tactics while the opponents are scrubs then to realise youve doing it all wrong after 300 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rofliron

Go in there and dispel everything, have your rogue sit on the warrior, have him pop feint when warriors uses bladestorm for less damage. you have to keep your rogue topped off, and stay near the druid, if the warrior gets below 60%, fear the druid. You then assist in killing the warrior, use holy fire, mindblast, swd, and penance. The druid should trinket to keep the warrior alive. Then next time fear is up, use it on the druid, help the rogue burst the warrior again, and have the rogue blind as soon as the druid is going to be out of fear. Make sure he gets that blind off and its gg.
    its a pretty solid tactic and generally what we use, so im just going to add a couple of points to this. when nuking the warrior, the rogue should disarm him as he switches to d.stance to prevent a shield wall. also, getting a fear off on a druid is easier said than done! try to co-ordinate when you run towards the druid with a kidney shot on the warrior to make it harder for the warrior to peel u away. finally as the priest call for a tricks of the trade when u are helping nuking the warrior with the rogue using this macro: /cast [target=yourname] tricks of the trade. picking up the glyph for tott would also be a nice idea. also i have to contest against the use of penance agressively. smite does more dmg and warriors can do stupid dmg quickly; its always nice to have an "OH SHIT" button ready when toe-to-toeing a warrior.

finally whenever the druid is in the open try to get mana burns off to apply more pressure to him and make it more likely he stays too far away from his warrior/trinkets a fear to avoid more mana burns.

even more finally dont forget as the rogue you can vanish>sap following a blind (a trick less and less people are using come wotlk) to really make sure you get that kill if the druid isnt in tree form and you dont think u will get the kill in the fear>blind duration alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rofliron

you are talking about <900 rating druid+warrior ?
    1 if rogue sits on warr, warr goes with 1h+shiled and in the end deals actually more dmg to rogue than rogue deals to warrior
    2 warrior doesnt use bladestorm to get les dmg...(wtf?) he uses it mostly to put pressure, break cc in crucial moment, protect his partner.
    3 good druid stay away from priest to avoid mana burns and warr ahs to be retarded or uber noob to not see priest running towards druid for a fear...
    4 since warrior is more concerned about protecting his druid he keeps an eye for priest or preferably has him on focus bar-> he spell reflects offensive casts
    5 warrior's druid doesnt have to spam hots 100% of the time (even with priest spam dispelling), cycloning priest causes enemy to burn cd's/start playing defensively

warr/druid always win with disc/rogue
    rogue isnt able to put enough dmg vs warrior while priest cant outlast druid when it comes to mana war
    Warr and druid rly have to suck or screw up terribly to loose... i personally havent lost even 1 fight vs disc/rogue since pre tbc time
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    you are talking about <900 rating druid+warrior ?
    1 if rogue sits on warr, warr goes with 1h+shiled and in the end deals actually more dmg to rogue than rogue deals to warrior
    2 warrior doesnt use bladestorm to get les dmg...(wtf?) he uses it mostly to put pressure, break cc in crucial moment, protect his partner.
    3 good druid stay away from priest to avoid mana burns and warr ahs to be retarded or uber noob to not see priest running towards druid for a fear...
    4 since warrior is more concerned about protecting his druid he keeps an eye for priest or preferably has him on focus bar-> he spell reflects offensive casts
    5 warrior's druid doesnt have to spam hots 100% of the time (even with priest spam dispelling), cycloning priest causes enemy to burn cd's/start playing defensively

warr/druid always win with disc/rogue
    rogue isnt able to put enough dmg vs warrior while priest cant outlast druid when it comes to mana war
    Warr and druid rly have to suck or screw up terribly to loose... i personally havent lost even 1 fight vs disc/rogue since pre tbc time
    if u force the warrior into sword and board then he is literally doing next to no dmg to you (the thing u said about warriors doing more dmg than the rogue is utter bs, especially using double wound with the ppm mechanic) and at this point the priest can be spamming smite because he doesnt need to do anything except shield the rogue. u can get kills easily if the warrior is using a shield. u might never beat warr/druid but i have at least a 80% winrate against them.

u also misunderstood what he said about bladestorm. he meant when the warrior baldestorms for damage, the rogue uses feint (reduces aoe damage) so it does less damage.

It is very hard for disc/rogue to beat war/druid, its basically back to s3/4 balance in that regard. Ya, just stick on the warrior, try and get some mana burns off on the druid by standing in the warriors 5-8 yard deadzone, you will probably only get 1 every once in awhile. And you absolutely have to dispell innervate the insant you see it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Gezza
    if u force the warrior into sword and board then he is literally doing next to no dmg to you
    don't forget that Arm Wars get no cd on http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=57823, and Revenge does exactly the same dmg with 1h weapon and 2h weapon. It hurts.

coupled with http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=2565 I can assure you that an Arm War with sword and board can pretty much destroy a rogue just spamming Revenge every sec.
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*