Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 04/29 In-Game Hotfixes, Blue posts

Am I the only one that things 10 mans are actually harder? I mean, you have a 25 man raid and one person doesn't know what they are doing, it probably won't make that big of a difference, especially if its one of the dps. You have someone who isn't doing their part in a ten man group, well your most likely pretty screwed. I've seen 10 naxxs that caused constant wipes on Gluth because one hunter couldn't kite his adds for the life of them...and this person wasn't getting kicked out because of guild politics and such. Yet, this same 'huntard' shows up in 25 naxx groups and their incompetence is less of a problem. So, in my eyes 25 mans are easier. I've cleared 25 naxx far more times than I've cleared 10.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya
    I don't see why it matters if other people get to see the same content.

I don't care if it's too easy.

Hell, I'd rather they make the normal modes even easier but add more layers of hard modes.

Like a "medium" hard mode and then a "hard" hard mode and also an "insane" hard mode.

It's like a choose your own adventure.
    Brilliant idea! Something like having a limited amount of elders you could keep alive in a fight, which would gi-- hold on. I get it. You want something that's been in game since Hakkar.

No trolling by the way. Already 6 permabans handed, we're barely at the 3rd page.

As many have said before, there is no middle ground. These nerfs made Ulduar into Naxx again and it doesn't appear as though "normal mode" is ever going to actually rise in difficulty.

I firmly believe that Blizzard is underestimating their playerbase. The fact that they need to buff hardmode, nerf easy mode, and throw up a huge cockblock for Algalon doesn't do much for the semi-decent players out there. The ones carrying their guilds with 4-5 mouth-breathing retards taken along for the ride getting bored of farming stupid easy mode until the next content comes out for them to farm. The same group that would have happily put a night of progression on Vash or Kael wipes.

The current model is bad, it's not hard to see that.

Easiest mode = Flame leviathan
    Easy mode = FL with 1 tower
    Medium = FL with 2 towers
    Hard = FL with 3 towers
    Harder = FL with 4 towers

No middle ground huh? I see a few levels of difficulty here although tbh, they should make the towers harder. As people have said, there are a few other fights where there are different difficulty settings for hardmodes as well as different achievements. Pretty much every boss has a few achievements you can do, if each achievement is harder do multiple achievements at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ubergoat
    Easiest mode = Flame leviathan
    Easy mode = FL with 1 tower
    Medium = FL with 2 towers
    Hard = FL with 3 towers
    Harder = FL with 4 towers

No middle ground huh? I see a few levels of difficulty here although tbh, they should make the towers harder. As people have said, there are a few other fights where there are different difficulty settings for hardmodes as well as different achievements. Pretty much every boss has a few achievements you can do, if each achievement is harder do multiple achievements at the same time.
    ding ding ding we've got a winner!

I do find it funny people complain about things being easy when they do them easy mode. I thought that was obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by ubergoat
    Easiest mode = Flame Leviathan
    Easy mode = zergfest
    Medium = zergfest
    Hard = slightly less zergfest
    Harder = "Hey guys, you know leaving the towers up is actually hard mode, lawl?"

Fix'd

Very few encounters actually have a difficulty scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    As many have said before, there is no middle ground. These nerfs made Ulduar into Naxx again and it doesn't appear as though "normal mode" is ever going to actually rise in difficulty.
    Stop being so dramatic, Ulduar is not even close to naxx25, even with weeks of advantages in naxx25, it's still easy to see that Ulduar is harder then naxx. Even with the incoming nerfs.

I firmly believe that Blizzard is underestimating their playerbase. The fact that they need to buff hardmode, nerf easy mode, and throw up a huge cockblock for Algalon doesn't do much for the semi-decent players out there. The ones carrying their guilds with 4-5 mouth-breathing retards taken along for the ride getting bored of farming stupid easy mode until the next content comes out for them to farm. The same group that would have happily put a night of progression on Vash or Kael wipes.
    Fix those 4-5 people and go do the hard modes?

The current model is bad, it's not hard to see that.
    Yet the majority actually enjoy it, there is a reason why WoW kept itself on the top as a MMO. If it had been as pre-TBC (which was horrible), the playerbase wouldn't even be close to what it is imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Isah
    If you read my post, I mentioned that I used them.

Guides are cheats, in the same way, getting stuck on a console FPS and reading up on what to do is cheating. You are cheating yourself. No one else. Blizz doesn't mind. It allows those raiders (I include myself in this) to take on complicated fights and know what to expect. Execution is a completely different issue.

However when you come on to a forum and boast about how easy UD25 is 1 week after it's release, well TBH, by now you should be on to hardmode achievements by now. UD25 'content' is not going to be done until Algalon is dead. Have a feeling that is going to be some months yet.
    I, and many others, are not complaining that Ulduar is too easy. I think it is challenging. And it is FUN challenging. At this point in time you have to obey fight mechanics in order to kill a boss. We AREN'T one-shotting everything. Everyone in the guild thinks it's fun. The point that many people are trying to make is that by giving an overall nerf to Ulduar is that it WON'T be fun anymore. Yeah you can say "well there's still hard modes" but as everyone is saying it's only the top top guilds that are completing them. Even on my server, Forgotten Heroes(who is in the top 50 US guilds) only has 2 towers and Runemaster hard modes done but they had Yogg down on week 1. So basically, there's nothing in between extremely-casual and extremely-hardcore.

I mean honestly, how many people think Naxx is fun? The only part that's fun is feeling like you're awesome because you can just go in there and steamroll the place. I'd rather have challenges than steamrolls.