pally tanking i'm in trble and need help

hello every one
    I'm working on my 80 pally tank i've been playing her for a little while and seem to have problem with healers saying that i take to much damage. this is my spec and every thing could use some help with my cast line gear and respec please add suggestions.http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Skylarmarie

Re: pally tanking i'm in trble and need help

If you're taking too much damage, then you need more pure aviodance. get yourself the wyrmrest chest/cloak, use blue gems focussing on stammina and using other colours to get bonuses/metas, some decent legs from argent crusade friendly, and try to do strat, GD, DTK and VH as much as possible, and grab yourself the badge belt. You should be running with a 969 rotation, drop reckoning, drop SotP, grab divinity, drop imp. HoJ and get conviction/PoJ. Get yourself the DP and SoV glyphs; use SoV instead of SoW. Your gemming seems quite suspect - haste/agi gems? No dragon's eyes? You should drop one stam dragon's eye in the trinket instead of the dodge, then the rest in the belt as needed for the bonuses.

Stam boots; helm ench; bracer ench; armsman gloves; armour patch on legs - when you're geared badly, you need to get decent enchants as you're going to have problems otherwise.

what do you mean buy 696

696 or 969 is a rotation of abilities that alternate between abilities that have a 6 sec cooldown and abilities that have a 9 sec cooldown (or can safely be used every 9 seconds). Your two 6 second abilities are Hammer of the Righteous and Shield of Righteousness. Your three "9" second abilities are Holy Shield, Consecrate, and Judgement; that's why you don't want more than 1 point the improved judgement talent, because you can't use it more often than ever 9 seconds anyways. Basically, just hit one of your 6 second abilities, then one of your 9 second abilities, and keep alternating; if you do it right, you'll always have one of those 5 abilities ready to use, and none of them will come up at the exact same time. A typical full rotation might be:

Holy Shield -> Hammer of the Righteous -> Judgement -> Shield of Righteousness -> Consecrate -> Hammer of the Righteous -> Holy Shield -> Shield of Righteousness -> Judgement -> Hammer of the Righteous -> Consecrate -> Shield of Righteousness... at which point you're back around to the first Holy Shield. But that's a very long rotation to remember, so alternating following the 696 pattern is much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by cthosp
    what do you mean buy 696
    well they have a macro for starters/lazy prot pally also
    9696 is allowed a prot pally to use an ability at all times w/o having to wait for a cooldown so ur consstantly genderating threat

and u dont need to spec into seals of the pure anymore also dont spec hammer for prot plenty of interupts from other classes in raids

Glyphs i reccomend for major Glyph of Hammer of Righeous since it hits an addiontal target/Glyph of Divine Plea since u say ur taking to much dmg this glyph makes it when divine plea is active u take 3% less dmg also with guardd by light u can keep a 100% uptime on divine plea so its really nice/Glyph of Judgement is nice for increase dmg done by judgements/glyph of vengenace 10 exptise when u use glyph of vengeance its not best but in some situations its nice

try my build out http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...math&n=Tuesdae

heres the Macro for 9696 http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...29959768&sid=1

dont use it to aoe tanking.
    On bosses 9696 makes it almost impossible to pull off the pally tank

Enchant all your shit, use blue quality gems, not greens or perfects.

Drop the level 70 trinket and stop wearing the icebane set because it's purple...

Early on in your pally tanking career you'll find that you need to start to build up multiple sets of gear.

For trash tanking, you can drop down to 535 defense. Stack block rating, it is the cheapest stat wise mitigation you can get. Getting to unhitable makes you a lot easier to heal on the weaker hitting mobs. Once you hit that magic unhittable point, try to stay as low as possible without dropping below. Any point above is is completely wasted block rating.

Keep an unhittable set around when you upgrade because it is insanely OP against trash.

On bosses, it is quite a bit harder. You don't have that extra 5 defense to play with and block makes less of a difference. Still shoot for unhittable if you can, it is still a ton of mitigation for the stat cost. If you are still taking too much damage, start swapping out block rating for dodge, at your gear level it is the next best per ilvl cost.

Lose the icebane pieces. You don't need the stam to take the big hits until you have the mitigation to be healable through them. Put real tanking pieces on instead.

I'd drop Pursuit of Justice for Judgements of the Just, there's not enough kiting necessary to need Pursuit in a tank spec. Get rid of the 70 trinket and get a real tank belt and boots.

Quote Originally Posted by cthosp
    hello every one
    I'm working on my 80 pally tank i've been playing her for a little while and seem to have problem with healers saying that i take to much damage. this is my spec and every thing could use some help with my cast line gear and respec please add suggestions.http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Skylarmarie
    Well to start with you can:
    Head: Enchant with +37 Stamina and + 20 Defense rating.
    Wrist: Enchant with +40 Stamina
    Legs: Socket them! Imo i think you should put a str socket in there - increases block. And you will get socket bonus that is +6 stamina.

But i really hope you don't tank heroic with does Boots and Belt. And if you are - don't.
    And you can try to do some easy heroics everyday if the healer says you take to much dmg, just to get the t7chest.