Prot Pally BIS I could come up with

First off, chardev.org kicks butt, most up to date site of its kind that I can find. With either of the options below I would eventually replace the gloves with Handguards of Revitalization and the legs with Endless Void, unless the 4 piece is better than it seems to me. Also Sorthalis isn't on the site yet.
    Either one easily puts me at block cap (raid buffed). I mt about half the bosses, so that is the reason for focus on avoidance and not as much on block. With the 4 piece, could regem for more stam, but I haven't seen much of a reason for more than 34k unbuffed so far in uld.

so yeah, spent way too much time on this so far, can't freakin decide:

http://www.chardev.org/?template=169952
    4 piece bonus (minus gloves)

http://www.chardev.org/?template=169969
    2 piece (helm and chest)

4 piece:
    Gemmed for socket bonuses (stam)
    lose: 900 armor, 220 health, 1.3% hit, .5% dodge
    gain: 4 defense, 1% parry, 2.4% block, 89 block value, get to wear a dress while tanking

Re: Prot Pally BIS I could come up with

There's a hardmode tanking hammer.

Dump the +10 stats on your chest for either +def (preferred) or straight health.

4/61/6 is also a fairly weird build, try for something closer to 0/53/18.

Sorthalis is the hard mode hammer, there is one other from XT, but not really an upgrade over titanguard, and I already have titanguard.

Spec:
    Specs are situational, people really should not just give advise on specs without knowing more about the player / comp b/c that makes all the difference. 53/18 may be great for you, but mostly wasted points for me. Ive tanked everything but sara to date. I have 2 ret pallies for Heart of the Crusader/imp might, and an unholy dk for run speed.
    With only 1 holy pally in our raids, I prefer to pick up Divine Sacrifice / guardian to keep sacred shield up on myself or the ot at the time, depending on the holy pallies focus. The 4 points in Seals of the Pure are there b/c I have nothing better to do with them, So what the hell, a bit of extra threat.

Chest Enchant:
    Defense might actually be better number wise, I was looking for a more all around enchant that would give me health, strength, block, armor, dodge. Factoring in strength, block, sp from stam, i just prefer stats.

edit: just did the numbers for fun:
    If I choose Defense:
    LOSE: .02% dodge, 7 block value, 4 sp, 22 ap, 20 armor, and 100 health, that is all without any raid buffs (ie. kings would make each of these higher)
    GAIN: .12 parry, didn't do the numbers, but a tiny bit of block, but im already over block cap so useless

18stam on gloves instead of 2% threat and parry?

sure we already do alot of threat but more gives you more room to play with if anything happens. (and gives you a chance to use glyph of salvation)

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah id go for stamina on gloves too

How about the gear, anyone come up with something with more stam / avoidance while staying block capped?

Trinket - Wouldn't the seal of LLane be better than furnace? Not to mention that I'm pretty sure that's showing pre-DR numbers - the parry is too high to be from that rating, so a) the tool's wrong; b) You're looking purely at a pure avoidance set, because of DR it's going to be hit hard, you want some combination of pure and BV - T8.5 gloves, BV meta, arguably the trash boots, vezax's libram all would be an overall upgrade IMO, especially if the trash boots let you swap to the helm from vezax. Also, that tool doesn't factor in raid buffs, which would be needed for a full picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Box
    an unholy dk for run speed.
    You mean This run speed ability that now only affects the DK, and not the entire group since 3.1? Sorry... but it was kind of a big deal...

And I also think more points into the Ret tree is a good idea...

Oh, and while we are nit-picking... You have the Inscriptioning Shoulder enchant on there, but you're a Blacksmith and Alchemist... And IMO if you are planning on dropping Alchemy, I would say that Jewelcrafting is still better than Inscription.

Don't go inscription, the shoulder enchants are terrible for tanks.

Sorthalis is the hard mode hammer, there is one other from XT, but not really an upgrade over titanguard, and I already have titanguard.

Spec:
    Specs are situational, people really should not just give advise on specs without knowing more about the player / comp b/c that makes all the difference. 53/18 may be great for you, but mostly wasted points for me. Ive tanked everything but sara to date. I have 2 ret pallies for Heart of the Crusader/imp might, and an unholy dk for run speed.
    With only 1 holy pally in our raids, I prefer to pick up Divine Sacrifice / guardian to keep sacred shield up on myself or the ot at the time, depending on the holy pallies focus. The 4 points in Seals of the Pure are there b/c I have nothing better to do with them, So what the hell, a bit of extra threat.
    DK's don't give that runspeed increase anymore.
    53/18 doesn't need to take HotC or imp BoM. Your build wastes points in divinity and imp hammerstun. You lose threat for no real benefit to your survivability.

Seals of the pure = conviction <<< crusade.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...=Furio&group=1

My build and gearset. This is the highest available threat combined with the 2pc t8 bonus. It works very well.
    80 Paladin (x2), 80 Shaman (x3), 80 Rogue (x2), 80 Mage, 80 Death Knight, 80 Priest, 80 Warrior, 80 Hunter

Draco, thx for the comments, this is what I'm looking for, a GEAR discussion. I like the idea of the Seal of Llane and plan to pick it up and use situationally I kinda like the armor bump for large trash groups, stam for more magic heavy fights obviously. ( Anyone Actually have both of these to confirm the cooldown isn't shared?)

DR I think people fear them way too much. Consider that this is block capped not counting additional dodge from horn of winter or kings, debuff on the boss, bladeward procs, etc... you will be sitting at '115'% mitigation, that's good enough for me.

plugging in my armory with current gear, all values match my in-game character sheet, and change with gear and spec correctly, just using the numbers from elitist jerks, the tool looks right to me.

Didn't know about the unholy change, ty for the info Sas. I'll reconsider build (but probably wont change it) until someday when I actually have aggro or mana issues. There are 1500 posts on spec, I'll go read those or elitistjerks if I want that info.

I do agree with Draco that the Royal Seal of King Llane seems better than the Furnace Stone in most situations. The raw amount of stamina in both the Seal and Heart of Iron would boost health tremendously. Also, according to the Shared Cooldown tab on the Seal, it doesn't look like it will be a problem to macro both trinkets to be used at the same time for a nice boost in avoidance. I myself haven't even looked too much into all of the available gear that is out, except for the trinkets and weapons and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquach
    I do agree with Draco that the Royal Seal of King Llane seems better than the Furnace Stone in most situations. The raw amount of stamina in both the Seal and Heart of Iron would boost health tremendously. Also, according to the Shared Cooldown tab on the Seal, it doesn't look like it will be a problem to macro both trinkets to be used at the same time for a nice boost in avoidance. I myself haven't even looked too much into all of the available gear that is out, except for the trinkets and weapons and what not.
    I would argue that you can't grab just two trinkets and call it BiS. Seal + Heart is clearly the effective health setup to be sure.

Draco, thx for the comments, this is what I'm looking for, a GEAR discussion. I like the idea of the Seal of Llane and plan to pick it up and use situationally I kinda like the armor bump for large trash groups, stam for more magic heavy fights obviously. ( Anyone Actually have both of these to confirm the cooldown isn't shared?)

DR I think people fear them way too much. Consider that this is block capped not counting additional dodge from horn of winter or kings, debuff on the boss, bladeward procs, etc... you will be sitting at '115'% mitigation, that's good enough for me.

plugging in my armory with current gear, all values match my in-game character sheet, and change with gear and spec correctly, just using the numbers from elitist jerks, the tool looks right to me.

Didn't know about the unholy change, ty for the info Sas. I'll reconsider build (but probably wont change it) until someday when I actually have aggro or mana issues. There are 1500 posts on spec, I'll go read those or elitistjerks if I want that info.
    Right, the armoury's buggered (not factoring in talents), apologies for that - looking at it against the in game stats, it's counting in DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I would argue that you can't grab just two trinkets and call it BiS. Seal + Heart is clearly the effective health setup to be sure.
    Haha, true. I personally would like to get all of the tanking trinkets in Ulduar, and rotate them out for different situations. I guess I just kind of assumed that most people do this as well. Hell, I still have my ultra uber Dabiri's Enigma and Figurine of the Colossus in the bank that I used to use for crazy solo AoE farming haha... I never throw away a tank trinket, and always want the ones I don't have. I think I carry about 6-8 tanking trinkets on me at all times that I swap out generously, with a few more in the bank that I am hesitant to get rid of... That being said, I would probably use both the Seal and the Heart in most Main Tank situations myself. At least in Ulduar where most of the fights seem to be slow hard hitting/huge spell bosses... But again, the situation dictates the best trinkets to use.

First off, chardev.org kicks butt, most up to date site of its kind that I can find. With either of the options below I would eventually replace the gloves with Handguards of Revitalization and the legs with Endless Void, unless the 4 piece is better than it seems to me. Also Sorthalis isn't on the site yet.
    Either one easily puts me at block cap (raid buffed). I mt about half the bosses, so that is the reason for focus on avoidance and not as much on block. With the 4 piece, could regem for more stam, but I haven't seen much of a reason for more than 34k unbuffed so far in uld.

so yeah, spent way too much time on this so far, can't freakin decide:

http://www.chardev.org/?template=169952
    4 piece bonus (minus gloves)

http://www.chardev.org/?template=169969
    2 piece (helm and chest)

4 piece:
    Gemmed for socket bonuses (stam)
    lose: 900 armor, 220 health, 1.3% hit, .5% dodge
    gain: 4 defense, 1% parry, 2.4% block, 89 block value, get to wear a dress while tanking
    Unless I'm mistaken, you're far from hit cap on both your setups, unless you decided to completely neglect that.

You can use Heart of Iron and the Seal at the same time. However, the seal will reset your other trinkets CD to 30s so you either need to hit the Heart first or bind them to a macro to do both at the same time. Personally I have them hotkeyed to do themselves individually for more sporadic use or if crap hits the fan I just hit both. As far as the other tanking trinkets go, they're pretty "meh", the same provides more general survivability over all and still helps reduce mitigation via Ardent Defender even more-so now. I "only" use the Heart and Seal unless its trash then I'll put on the Gadgetzan Autoblocker and Greatness (str).

god i hate necros lol

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chrishanson
    god i hate necros lol

This thread should have stayed dead.

It is full of fail.