Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 3.1.2 PTR Patch Notes and Spell Changes

Update #2 - Added spell changes.
    Update - Patch notes are now available in multiple languages. (English / German / French / Spanish / Russian)

Spell changes
    This is a comparison of spell tooltips and data, changes from past hotfixes on live servers are also included in this list.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Food / Drink
    Most of the foods and drinks from Northrend have been boosted, the changes below also includes items restoring both health and mana at the same time.
    • Food restoring 13200 health over 30 sec now restores 18480 health over 30 sec.
    • Food restoring 15000 health over 30 sec now restores 22500 health over 30 sec.
    • Drink restoring 9180 mana over 30 sec now restores 12840 mana over 30 sec.
    • Drink restoring 12960 mana over 30 sec now restores 19200 mana over 30 sec.

Engineering
    • Attaching a scope to a ranged weapon now causes it to become soulbound.

Items
    • Elemental Focus Stone now gives Your harmful spells have a chance to increase your haste rating by 522 for 10 sec. (Old - 522 Spell Power)

Death Knight (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Unholy
    • Death Strike tooltip was updated with the latest changes from live realms, now heals the Death Knight for 5% of his/her maximum health for each of his/her diseases on the target.
    • Improved Death Strike now also increases the healing granted by 25/50%
    • Ghoul Frenzy now has a 10 sec. cooldown.
    Items
    • Tier 7 DPS Bonus changed to : Your Obliterate, Scourge Strike, and Death Strike generate an additional 5 Runic Power when used. (Down from 10 Runic Power)
    • Tier 8 DPS bonus changed to : Increases the critical strike chance of Death Coil and Frost Strike by 8%. (Up from 5%)

Druid (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Balance
    • Innervate now Causes the target to regenerate mana equal to 450% of the casting Druid's base mana pool over 20 sec sec.
    Glyphs
    • Glyph of Innervate - Innervate now grants the caster 90% of base mana pool over 20 sec sec in addition to the normal effects of Innervate. (Old - Innervate now grants the caster full mana regeneration while casting for 20 sec, in addition to the effect on the target. If the caster targets self, the mana regeneration effect of your Innervate is increased by 20%.)

Hunter (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Surival
    • Lock and Load now has a 2/4/6% (Down from 3/7/10%) chance to proc from periodic damage.
    Pets
    • Rabid changed to - Successful attacks have a chance to increase attack power by 5%. (Old - 50% chance, could be a wording change)

Priest (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Discipline
    • Soul Warding now reduces the mana cost of your Power Word: Shield by 15%. (Down from 30%)
    Holy
    • Divine Hymn now heals for 3024 to 3342 every 2 sec. (Down from 4320 to 4774)
    Glyphs
    • Glyph of Mass Dispell now Reduces the mana cost of Mass Dispel by 35%. (Down from 50%)
    • Glyph of Penance - Increases the critical strike chance of Penance by 5%. (Old - Reduces the cooldown of Penance by 2 sec)

Rogue (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Glyph of Tricks of the Trade - The bonus damage granted by your Tricks of the Trade ability lasts an additional 4 sec. (Old - Your Tricks of the Trade grants an additional 10% bonus damage to your target.)

Warlock (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Destruction
    • Conflagrate now instantly deal damage equal to 12 sec of your Immolate. (Down from 15 sec)
    • Shadow and Flame now affects Shadowburn.
    • Fire and Brimstone now Increases the bonus damage your Incinerate spell deals to targets afflicted by your Immolate by 6/12/18/24/30%, and the critical strike chance of your Conflagrate spell is increased by 5/10/15/20/25% if the Immolate on the target has 5 or fewer seconds remaining.
    • Nether Protection now reduces damage by 30%. (Down from 60%)
    • Decimation now only works on targets below 30% health. (down from 35%)
    Glyphs
    • Glyph of Conflagrate - When you use Conflagrate, the damage done by your next three Destruction spells are increased by 10% if the Immolate on the target has 5 or fewer seconds remaining for 15 sec. (Old - Your Conflagrate spell no longer consumes your Immolate or Shadowflame spell from the target.)

Warrior (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Arms

Patch 3.1.2 PTR Patch Notes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    General
    • New art textures have been added for Argent Tournament mounts. Any mounts already purchased from the Argent Tournament vendors will be updated automatically. Argent Tournament mounts with the old textures will still be available for purchase from the Argent Tournament vendors for a small Champion’s Seal and gold cost (standard faction requirements apply).
    • Copied Test Realm characters will no longer be copied with their achievement history in order to better facilitate the character copy process.

PVP
    • Vehicle health and damage output in Strand of the Ancients and Lake Wintergrasp now scale with the item level of the operator’s gear. Power scaling is now 1% damage and 1% health per average item level.

Death Knight (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Improved Death Strike: This talent now also increases the healing from Death Strike by 25/50% and the tooltip has been adjusted to reflect the actual functionality after the hotfix in 3.1.0.
    • Ghoul Frenzy: Now has a 10-second cooldown.

Druid (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Innervate: This ability has been redesigned to grant 450% of the casting Druid’s base mana pool to the target over 20 seconds.

Mage (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Mirror Images: The images summoned by this spell will now target the creature that most hates the Mage, and should no longer cast Fire Blast or Frostbolt on targets that are affected by crowd control debuffs that break immediately on damage unless they are already casting these spells when crowd control is applied.

Priest (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Divine Hymn: Healing and healing scaling reduced by 30%. Buff on affected players changed from 15% to 10%.
    • Renewed Hope: Effect can no longer be dispelled.
    • Soul Warding: Mana cost reduction is now 15% down from 30%.

Warlock (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Nether Protection reduced to 30% damage reduction, down from 60%.
    • Shadow and Flame: Now also includes Shadowburn.
    • Fire and Brimstone: No longer increases the damage of your Immolate spell, but now increases the bonus damage your Incinerate deals to targets afflicted by your Immolate by 6/12/18/24/30%.
    • Conflagrate updated: Consumes an Immolate or Shadowflame effect on the enemy target to instantly deal damage equal to 12 seconds of your Immolate, or 8 seconds of your Shadowflame.

Items
    • Darkruned 2-Piece Set Bonus: The bonus critical strike chance for Frost Strike and Death Coil has been increased from 5% to 8%.
    • Guise of the Midgard Serpent: The base attack power on this item has been lowered to balance it against items of a similar quality.
    • Nightsong 4-Piece Set Bonus: Chance for Insect Swarm to trigger an instant Starfire changed to 15%.
    • Scourgeborne 4-Piece Set Bonus: The runic power gain has been reduced to 5 runic power from 10 runic power.
    Glyphs
    • Glyph of Conflagrate redesigned: When you use Conflagrate, the damage done by your next 3 Destruction spells is increased by 10% for 15 seconds if the Immolate on the target has 5 or fewer seconds remaining.
    • Glyph of Innervate: Has been adjusted to grant the Druid 90% of his or her base mana pool over 20 seconds.
    • Glyph of Mass Dispel: Now only decreases Mass Dispel cost by 35%.
    • Glyph of Penance: Now increases critical strike chance by 5% instead of its old effect.

User Interface
    Equipment Manager
    • When enabled from the Interface Options menu, this feature will allow players to store sets of equipment, easily swap between saved sets using hotkeys, and pull items directly from backpacks or bank slots (must be at the bank to equip inventory from the bank).

Bug Fixes
    Death Knight
    • Anti-magic Shell: Tooltip error corrected.
    • Blood Boil: If no target is available for Blood Boil to hit, the spell will now cast and consume a blood rune but generate no runic power.
    Druid
    • Maim: Rank 2 of this ability is properly considered a stun and can be escaped by Blink.
    Hunter
    • Go For The Throat: Explosive Shot critical strikes now trigger this talent.
    • Rabid: This Hunter pet talent no longer lists a percentage chance to be triggered, as that chance varies by the attack speed of the pet.
    Paladin
    • Divine Sacrifice: Damage done to the Paladin while this is active will no longer cause the effect to break early, and if it is dispelled or cancelled early, the damage counter will reset correctly the next time the spell is cast.
    Rogue
    • Shadow Dance: Issues with action bars and ability use arising from using Stealth while Shadow Dance is active have been fixed.
    Warlock
    • Demonic Sacrifice: This spell will no longer appear in any Warlock’s spellbook.

Bug Fixes - Dungeons and Raids
    • Players can no longer become saved to a raid instance when they aren’t in the raid during a boss kill.
    Ulduar
    • The Spark of Imagination: Characters that release in part of the boss room will no longer be ported to Westfall or The Barrens.

Re: Patch 3.1.2 PTR Patch Notes

Ty for the notes Bibi <3

Yay for vechicle scaling in SotA and WG. And yay for Equipment manager!

15+ Year Old Account

Destro warlock's opness back?

Bug Fixes - Dungeons and Raids

* Players can no longer become saved to a raid instance when they aren’t in the raid during a boss kill.
    This sounds like you will only be bound to an instance at the time of a bosses death...is that how others read it?

Or is it saying, if you are in a raid group but not in the instance, if the raid kills a boss you were previously being saved to that instance but they have fixed that?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rainCZ
    Destro warlock's opness back?
    Hardly, but then I bet you don't care about facts and just blindly QQ. Conflag is staying about where it is currently, they just changed talents instead of conflag. Also warlocks can only conflag once per immolate with the glyph of conflag change only increasing damage by 10% for 15 seconds.

Pretty big changes for destro, good thing I'm liking affliction currently. Destro is turning from interesting rotations, to spam more Incinerate.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    This sounds like you will only be bound to an instance at the time of a bosses death...is that how others read it?

Or is it saying, if you are in a raid group but not in the instance, if the raid kills a boss you were previously being saved to that instance but they have fixed that?
    I think it means if the raid kicks you just before killing the boss, you won't get saved.

Not crazy about the nether protection nerf, though it probably was for the best. I wonder when they're going to look again at mage armor?

(lol here it comes...)

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

Ugh, well, apparently no fix in sight for bugged Elemental Shamans.

* pouts about being forced back to resto *

I can't wait for the additional drama in Wintergrasp now.

"CRAP, WHO LET THE HUNTARD IN BLUES BUILD A SIEGE MACHINE?! GG GUYS! YOU LOSERS!! THIS IS WHY WE NEVER WIN!!1!"

And so forth...

not big nerf to conflagrate and big buff to incinerate ....
    with the new conflagrate glyph ... they want us to use it with 5 sec left ... which means 5% extra crit chance with this spell if we had fire and brimstone .... but it is alrdy nerfed to 12 sec of immolate (down from 15 sec)plus we don't have 15% increased immolate spell dmg from fire and brimstone .... one good thing is that after using it we gain 10% increased dmg from destruction which means 10% increased immolate spell power but still 5% reduction from the original fire and brimstone

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77
    I can't wait for the additional drama in Wintergrasp now.

"CRAP, WHO LET THE HUNTARD IN BLUES BUILD A SIEGE MACHINE?! GG GUYS! YOU LOSERS!! THIS IS WHY WE NEVER WIN!!1!"

And so forth...
    That huntard should be sitting atop a Demolisher and delaying the enemies anyway...
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

15+ Year Old Account

/wrists i still cant bleed WG/SoTA vehicles

*goes back to sulking in the corner*

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova

I figure it was added to address things such as VoA PuGs.

If your group kills Archavon and then some people say, "We don't have the DPS, so I'm not wasting my time with Emalon", and people drop group and new people are invited in their place ... these new people are not saved to VoA unless they can actually down Emalon.

No more walking into portal with, "You will be saved to this raid in X seconds [ Accept ] [ Leave ]" (or what ever that warning is, I forget the exact wording). Now you can join an Emalon attempt without being saved even if the PuG downed Archavon before your arrival.

Deleted

It's pure evil. Rogues are the ones being OP, and you are nerfing the priests, thank you very much! (and you haven't fixed the burst yet).

If your group kills Archavon and then some people say, "We don't have the DPS, so I'm not wasting my time with Emalon", and people drop group and new people are invited in their place ... these new people are not saved to VoA unless they can actually down Emalon.

No more walking into portal with, "You will be saved to this raid in X seconds [ Accept ] [ Leave ]" (or what ever that warning is, I forget the exact wording). Now you can join an Emalon attempt without being saved even if the PuG downed Archavon before your arrival.
    I seriously doubt they would make such a drastic change to how instance locking works such as this.

To me, the patch quote says that they fixed a bug where if you were in a raid and sitting outside the instance while your raid killed a boss, you wouldn't get saved while you were sitting outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea
    It's pure evil. Rogues are the ones being OP, and you are nerfing the priests, thank you very much! (and you haven't fixed the burst yet).
    Rogues are so far from OP it's not even funny...

wtb hunter buff =\
    Hunter
    Druid
    Rogue

I play teh easy classes lozl

No, that's not what it's fixing at all.

It's fixing you getting booted from the raid and still being in the zone when the boss is engaged. Previously, when this happens, you are then saved to the instance (even if you leave) if they down the boss on that attempt.

I've seen terribles screwed out of joining another pug because of that (and retards who don't realize they got saved trying to join new ones).
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Hehehe.. Making 4-piece Scourgeborne even more worthless.

Where is all the QQ about priests getting nerfs?

The change(nerf) to Penance(Glyph)/Soul warding is really weird. As of right now, I'm pulling WAY much healing in Holy then in Disc. And now the change to Divine Hymn. At first you would say right it's normal. No spell can do 150k (almost 200K) in 8 seconds. But when you think about it, isn't Army of Dead OP? Isn't Heroism OP? Divine Hymn is a 10 minuts cooldown spell. It needs to be strong, really strong. And it was perfect. You were able to keep 12 people alive while casting it. Now, well you can wonder if it's still worth casting since it's a channeling spell. Frankly I would love hearing the reasons behind this nerf. At least reduce the cooldown, something? Or change the spell again. Anyway, nerf without other purpose than nerfing because big numbers. :S