Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ulduar Tailoring pattern: Sash of ancient Power

People looking for this craft already had to get 6 runed orbs + all other mats, 300g is just nothing after this. No one really looking for this craft (and having the mats) will have any problems with this, other people will, but who cares ?
    Oh, hi.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by daonar
    No it's not. It's way bloated. Any price beyond small tip is bloated. If you think otherwise, then you're following the same road as all those people selling Glyph books for 2-3k and then complaining why others sell new glyphs for 300g.

In other words, you're just helping to inflate your own market. It's exactly the kind of behaviour that encourages blizzard gold sellers.
    While I appreciate that we are talking about a vicious circle here, it isn't the crafter's fault that inflation is on the up and gold selling is following suit. That is opportunism on the crafter's part - nothing more, nothing less.

Rather, it is the fault of anyone who pays these prices. As I have said in another post recently, both the Spellslinger's and Savior's Slippers patterns are on the AH on my realm, and both have a bid-buyout price of 12,000g+. Runed orbs are priced at 1600g+ each.

If people willingly hand over gold in these quantities, the very symptoms you describe will of course occur.
    Unfortunately, the issue of in-game supply and demand is warped by an ability to acquire currency through unfair means via real world purchases. And when that happens, the sky's the limit.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerbury
    While I appreciate that we are talking about a vicious circle here, it isn't the crafter's fault that inflation is on the up and gold selling is following suit. That is opportunism on the crafter's part - nothing more, nothing less.

Rather, it is the fault of anyone who pays these prices. As I have said in another post recently, both the Spellslinger's and Savior's Slippers patterns are on the AH on my realm, and both have a bid-buyout price of 12,000g+. Runed orbs are priced at 1600g+ each.

If people willingly hand over gold in these quantities, the very symptoms you describe will of course occur.
    Unfortunately, the issue of in-game supply and demand is warped by an ability to acquire currency through unfair means via real world purchases. And when that happens, the sky's the limit.
    I've always thought Blizzard was pretty good at locating and banning the gold-buyers. Am i wrong to believe that?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yerbury
    Fuck, I sold my Spellslingers Boots pattern for 3k last weekend
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mauly
    I've always thought Blizzard was pretty good at locating and banning the gold-buyers. Am i wrong to believe that?
    I couldn't tell you one way or the other from my own experience, as I find the concept of buying gold to be bizarre.

That said, I am aware of players within my own RL community who buy gold on a semi-regular basis. I don't know the mechanics or strategy behind these purchases, and I'm frankly not interested in hearing about it. That said, their characters are level 80 and going strong, so Blizzard is either unable or unwilling to pursue them.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Fuck, I sold my Spellslingers Boots pattern for 3k last weekend
    I wish you were on my server!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenius
    Hey guys,

I got this belt some days ago from the boss Hodir in Ulduar.
    Now im trying to make some money with it. So im spamming in trade chat and i get whispers like how much for the craft, so i say 300g for the craft with mats.

Am i asking too much? I ques not, its like 'the' best belt in game for casters. Are all off these ppl just cheap asses or what?

Im still the only one with that pattern on our server.

Item: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45102
    On my server its 100g fee and only 1 guy have it on alliance side.

I can craft it and if ppl wispher me i allways say, pay as much as u want, 2 times i got 500g, 300 one time and everything else was below 200... So i dont realy care, if they have the money they ll pay u And think about the Mats .. its Expensive enough.

btw snoosie ur sig is so fuckin cute o.O
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

might be a dumb question, but how to you know you're the only one to have it??? is there some site to check it, or do you just ask around and figure no answer=only one???
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

Deleted

Realm forums??????

hmmm, that's still no guarantee...i'm just wondering since i'm main lw in my guild, have yet to get any drops, but i'm hoping to get one soon...hopefully belt of the dragons /drool...
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

15+ Year Old Account

might be a dumb question, but how to you know you're the only one to have it??? is there some site to check it, or do you just ask around and figure no answer=only one???

Was some page whith such info. Anyway here is what ppl can do. Take the 6 best guilds on your realm (other faction too, crosstrading).
    Best guilds -> best progressions, killed most bosses -> highest chanse of gotten the drop.
    See if anyone wears it and throw away a whisper

Ofc its just about luck so any guild could have been lucky but overall you will proably find a crafter in one of the topguilds since they killed most bosses each week.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The runed orbs are 2000 gold EACH on my server, they go as high as 3000 gold, you need 6 which is at least 12000 gold, + the other mats, so you're looking at 13000+ gold for mats, that's crazy, anyone who'd pay 13000 gold for mats would pay 300 gold for you to craft it.

I wouldn't call them cheap, just curios.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauly
    I'm afraid that they don't ban gold buyers, they ban the sellers, buyers will get their bought gold deleted at most.

I wish I can have my sash of ancient power but unfortunately on my server that is Alonsus (horde) you can have thousands of gold but no runed orbs are available :S

I imagine by now the OP is no longer the only one on the server with this pattern, but it's still not unusual to charge 5% of the mats cost towards getting it crafted, if it's a sufficiently rare pattern.

Alternately, you can craft them yourself and post them for a 1-2k markup.

I dropped 13k on getting mine crafted a couple weeks after Ulduar hit. Many guilds were selling off their orbs for the first few weeks on my server, so getting the mats wasn't a major challenge. IIRC I paid a 750g tip to the only person I could find with the pattern.