Thread: Viable DK Spec.

Viable DK Spec.

As of every where I go I cannot find a good viable DK tank spec for 3.1, are their any good actually good specs out their for tanks that just PWN! I need something very good. Pref. Unholy but any spec that holds aggro from 8k dps =D. Gimme something good. Yes i've looked around but their is no good spec

Re: Viable DK Spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezero
    As of every where I go I cannot find a good viable DK tank spec for 3.1, are their any good actually good specs out their for tanks that just PWN! I need something very good. Pref. Unholy but any spec that holds aggro from 8k dps =D. Gimme something good. Yes i've looked around but their is no good spec
    This would be because all three trees offer significant benefits and downfalls compared to the others, and the "best" DK spec is still pretty heavily debated. If you are looking for an unholy build you could try:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EMZhxZbghcxczgI0ocoux

This is the build I use for tanking in Ulduar. I'd like to note that it is my opinion that deep unholy tanking is heavily gear dependant because of the changes to bone shield and blade barrier. The other trees provide more along the lines of stam and/or passive mitigation but if you have the gear to stay alive, unholy can put out some retardedly high threat numbers.

hahahahaha oh wait, the OP was serious? WTF...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks
    hahahahaha oh wait, the OP was serious? WTF...

Read some of his other posts. You'll understand.

I'll make a reply which accually have something to contribute, unlike some before me who's just trolling around.

I'd suggest Frost for tanking, it's the best tank spec for death knights right now.

This spec is what i'd suggest for raiding:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9767

This spec is great for anything. Great survivability, great threat.

(Glyph of Howling Blast is almost a must in 3.1 with this spec)
    Make sure to check out this thread made just for you before you make new topics.

Death Knight Guide/Q&A

If you know something which you think should be in the guide, then just let me know and i'll add it!