Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

what to choose for a faster leveling ?

Hi,

I'm thinking of a coming back on WoW but i want a new main, tired of my old war/shaman.

I either want to get a priest or a druid to heal in PvP only. I do really prefer the priest but ...

My problem is that with 3.1 regen has been considerably lowered and i think it might be very long to up a priest.

On the other hand i have a lvl 37 druid waiting.

What would you do if you were in such situation ? Get a new priest anyway or lvl up a druid which is faster ?

Winddu

PS: I didn't know where to post in Druid or Priest forums.
    http://rediscoverreading.wordpress.com/

Imagination is better than knowledge - Einstein

Re: what to choose for a faster leveling ?

I've leveled quite a few characters as you can see below, among those, two priests and two druids. I've played both classes in both PvP and PvE, mind you, PvE on the priest was in Vanilla, PvP healing with both classes was in TBC. Priest is, in my opinion, so much more fun to play.

When it comes to leveling, I'd say druids has the edge up to level 40, but after that I'd say it's pretty close. The "new" Shadow priest damage is insane and you'll have no mana problems at all at least at 60+ but on the other hand, you never have any problems with mana as a druid, it's just a grindfest. Though keep in mind that my low level experience with priests nowadays is limited since I did the leveling during Vanilla. Though overall 1-80 I'd say druids has the advantage.

About PvP; what class you choose to PvP with is completely decided by your playstyle in my opinion. When I PvPed in TBC, druid was all about avoiding damage and kiting your opponent, while the priest, in spite of being a cloth wearer, was mostly about being able to handle dragging your opponents around the arena and still be able to help your fellow DPS out since the discipline tree had a lot of toys that helped with damage reduction.

I can say that I enjoyed playing both classes in PvP, but if it was up to me, I'd choose priest in a heartbeat. Though, admittedly, the fact that the priest was my first character to level 60 and that I played priest for about 3 years straight might "cloud" my judgement.

Hopefully something in this post was at least remotely helpful to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    I'll miss how the old Tree of Life looked like it was in a constant state of panic while healing, running around with its arms flailing up in the air going "OH GOD, HOW DID I GET HERE? I AM NOT GOOD WITH INTERNETS!"