Thread: Burst in arenas

Burst in arenas

I understand that burst has been a big part of pvp in wotlk so far, and it doesn't bother me too much since the healing can keep up with it. But I'm some cases where classes just have so much burst where they don't even need to cc the healer to get that kill its a little ridiculous. I play a rogue in 2s with a holy pally around 1900 usually, and most of the games we lose, we lose in one global cooldown just from shear dmg. Ret pallys burst is a little over the top, but the worst, and the one that I disagree with the most is feral druids. I got crit with a fercious bite last night for 11.7k. When you can do that kind of burst, it makes pvp not even fun anymore. I noticed they are starting to put a little bit more stam on high end pvp gear, and I hope it helps, but I'm not sure. I feel like almost if not all classes are pretty well balanced in arenas right now, but I feel like some just need a little bit of their dmg toned down. Do you guys feel like the burst from these classes is "playable"?

Re: Burst in arenas

I am very confident that you have never been delt 100% of your health in damage in 1.5 seconds. Burst is not that serious. Even in the very first arena season of the expansion (which is generally going to be the most bursty season because everyone has low resil and lots of PVE gear) the double dps team generally didn't even make top 50 in their battle groups. There is always 1-2 that do make it but for the most part healer+dps teams will FAR outnumber them.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

what i meant by one global cooldown was that my healer cant do much of anything but use each and every cooldown for a heal on me. im not saying we are the best or anything, but i just dont think thats a fun way to pvp.

15+ Year Old Account

First of all, you say you have no problems with the burst in WotLK but right after that you start to whine about, yes.. the burst in WotLK. (Brang a smile on my face)

Second, you're saying burst is to high while you are a Rogue (Made me lol irl)

Third, you're saying Feral Druid burst is OP after all the huge PvP nerfes they got. (Made me think it actually was sarcasm you did, had to read it again to see it was not)

THANKS

I want less burst and less powerful healers

Everything is fine now since patch.

If you still whine, go l2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooski
    got crit with a fercious bite last night for 11.7k.
    Put on some PvP gear and stop crying, if you had a decent amount of resil then there is no way they would of crit you for 11.7k. Even then FB takes 5 combo points and a bunch of other things going right for the druid for it to happen.

Furious Bite takes 5 combo point, to acheive an 11k crit he must have also used the ability that grants 40% bonus damage (the name slips my mind) that also takes 1 combo point minimum. You might also want some PvP gear. It is in the game for a reason.

Im not whining, i said that burst isnt a bad thing, just when its to the point that it is now that it becomes annoying, and i do have full pvp gear including one pvp dagger. im not just running around in pve gear in arenas and bitching. and rogue burst is no where near other classes. i think the most ive ever crit someone for in an arena was 8kish, and that was once, not something that i know is going to happen each match, and it was probably on an unshielded clothie. rogues burst is nothing when you look at mages, pallys, druids, and warriors. and dont try the oh you have MS so you should do half the dmg bullshit, because thats not how it works. so back to my original question of do you guys think it is fun/playable to do arenas with burst as high as it is right now.

and the 11.6k FB http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...o_01/aqwes.jpg wearing 626 resilence at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewtfman
    Everything is fine now since patch.

If you still whine, go l2p.
    Everything is fine?! U go l2p u noob

Feral Druid burst is still a little out of hand.

I've taken upwards of 7600 crits with 27% reduced critical damage from resilience. Meaning the Feral Druid crit me for 10410 before resilience. In the case of a Rogue using PvE gear, that's over half it's health.
    I haven't played with a Rogue in S6, but in S5 my Rogue had to wear PvE gear or his damage was too low to put enough pressure out.

Deleted

Imo it's still too high for my liking, but guess it's been worse. DKs 4 shotting me in 5 seconds is sometimes amusing though. I also remember dying in a HoJ from 18k hp -> 0 having 3 lifeblooms and a rejuv on me paladin not using AW or getting any dps help.

Also priest/rogue mirror games are downright stupid. At high ratings it's just a nukefest to get more rng luck to get crits for unhealable damage.

feral druids aren't too bad in my opinion. Where I see the big problem at the moment is really with the mortal strike classes. Rogues, warriors, and hunters all seem to be able to kill me without a single CC on my resto shaman partner (i'm a death knight in full deadly and 2 pieces of furious gear).

Mortal strike is an old bandaid attack, and with the current damage of the three classes that have access to it it really puts it over the top.

Any of the afforementioned classes, if they are not somehow slowed or CC'ed, are capable of killing a target who is being spam healed with bloodlust up even when said target is in 700+ resilience and wearing plate AND in frost presense (ie 26k armor or so).

I may be QQ'in, but I think mortal strike affects should be toned down now with the amount of burst vs. hp that people can do. Bring it down to 25% or something .

Deleted

Rogues don't really do all that high burst damage especially on plate. Also being a DK you should know your unbreakable armor is just blatantly op vs rogues in it's current state.

I would be fine with nerfing MS effects to 25%. But if you do that then you have to completely redesign all three classes with it. Because me being a rogue, usually does half the dmg of the enemy dps without MS sometimes more. And that alone puts us at a big disadvantage sometimes. Ive been trying combat lately, and its closing the dmg gap, but that still sucks sometimes. But i really dont think the burst is so terrible, i just think its needs a little more tuning.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LandHoe
    I'm not choosing sides by saying this, but you prove that people of all intelligence levels can become a Hero Member
    Being smug only works when you're not a complete moron.
    Feral Druid damage is fine after all those nerfs, but they also nerfed our HP/armor/Maim and I can go on for hours like this. Only doing fine damage isn't going to bring you anywhere in PvP nowadays.
    Also my "Hero Member status'' got nothing to do with my first post in this topic, I just answered in the same ''intelligence level'' as the Rogue I quoted. Normally, everything I post is constructive or helpfull for other people, but when people whine while they shouldn't, I just have to say something about it.

Btw, stop calling people names.

Thanks,
    Balduvian