Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

YES, Pennance Nerfed :D

Ok, i made an account just for this nerf, the reason im so happy :

above 2000 rating priests become unretarded, meaning they know how to use their primary healing spells, as 51 pointers go pennace is so much better than all healing ones

Pennance : heals roughly 10k full duration, god knows how much if it crits

Riptide: crits for about 4500 normally 2.7k with a 800 per 3 sec hot for 15 secs = 4000
    so even if it crits and and u wait 15 secs full of it all to tick its still less than a less than a 3 second pennance

Beacon Of Light: xD isnt even worth thinking about, i feel for holyadins here

Wild Growth : another terribad 51 pointer

Clearly penance owns them all, even the fact it costs less mana than riptide aswell annoys me as we have lost about 6 games where we have oomed the priest and then he survive's 3 mins straight just shield and pennancing.

The reason why priest rogue is a strong comp and why pennance makes it so much better :

they have wound poisen, surely gimping any healers mana pool, mass dispel for pallys and can also dispel innervate, they can sap blind fear mana burn and stun galore, they have a lot of buffs and even more dispel resistence to boot, as a shaman ive gone through 6k mana ( 350 mana a purge, u do the maths) of pure purges just to purge both the rogue and priest, if you somehow survive there burst which is hard enough in itself you then have to content with ooming them, if u do THAT they hymn of hope and dont say its rubbish, ive watched it do 6k mana to a priest in about 2-3 seconds, and then if u oom that u have divine hymn, thats why it was nerfed angry priests, because u just cant kill a priest anymore

anyway sorry for the wall of text but i hate how priests r tunnel visioned into seeing only there point of view, message back with anything CONSTRUCTIVE or alternative nerfs rather than the glyph or even further nerfs , again i dont want to see rogue priest representation die, its pointless to just condemn them because there the new fotm but they do need a balance

Shámbulance - nightfall - alonsus

Re: YES, Pennance Nerfed :D

5% more crit chance on penance= more chance for divine aegis to proc and stack. This means MORE shields to blow through to actually hit the priest. I don't know that you should be too happy just yet.

5 percent to crit or do it 20 percent sooner? its a nerf alright

did the OP seriously just go and compare 51 points talents as if they were all put in for the same reasons?

Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

15+ Year Old Account

Never put "NERF" as a tittle!

yeh i mean a 51 pointer healing talent is always used for different thing , like dpsing? right? o wait :S there all meant to be useable in all environments, whats the point of a situational 51 pointer? penance can be used in both pve and pvp but wild growth is a lot worse, surely this means penance is superior to wild growth as you will get more use out of it

priest/rogue has always been good, just because you all got nerfed and need more skill and tactics to counter the comp doesn't mean they need a nerf. believe it or not all you whiners mana burn, fear, and dispell have been around for quite some time....

Quote Originally Posted by Shámbulancee
    yeh i mean a 51 pointer healing talent is always used for different thing , like dpsing? right? o wait :S there all meant to be useable in all environments, whats the point of a situational 51 pointer? penance can be used in both pve and pvp but wild growth is a lot worse, surely this means penance is superior to wild growth as you will get more use out of it
    comparing penance to beacon of light/wild growth/riptide makes no sense. penance is the only direct heal of the bunch, the rest or AoE or HoT.

the only thing the spells have in common is that they regenerate life and cost mana. are you going to go on and bitch about how OP chain heal is compared to renew?
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

I don't mind you posting this, but at least get it right first. Hymn of Hope does NOT restore anywhere near 6k mana in 2-3 seconds. With ~20k mana, I get ~2.5k mana from a full 8second channel. If people are stupid enough to let me channel for eight full seconds, I still don't get anywhere near your 6k figure.

erm, this is a pvp only discussion hence the forum in which i put it in i dont care about pve aspects of it althought im sure they got hit a little bit by them but thats the way the game goes, and yes, mana burns been around a while, but i recall it didnt used to be nearly as powerful? and please go ahead and nerf shamans but i dont really see what your going to nerf, bloodlust got a nerf and thats our only unique thing, blizzard has said resto shamans r where they want them to be, just because your angry doesnt mean u dont have to be civil, im just happy because there more balanced now, note: i dont want priests to be unviable, quite the opposite, am i being unreasonable about asking for a discussion on this?

Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou
    I don't mind you posting this, but at least get it right first. Hymn of Hope does NOT restore anywhere near 6k mana in 2-3 seconds. With ~20k mana, I get ~2.5k mana from a full 8second channel. If people are stupid enough to let me channel for eight full seconds, I still don't get anywhere near your 6k figure.
    Yet to test this but i know it did in arena , maybe some sort of an exploit or affected by other buffs on at the time ???

I'm still trying to figure out why he started talking about shaman and them not needing nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanuku
    They don't need nerfs because he plays one.

Priests on the other hand, well they are a FoTM class and must be nerfed.. Lmao.
    well dur if that's the case but i didn't see any mention of shaman or anything but riptide until that post saying bloodlust was the only unique thing shaman had :

Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou
    It's easy, don't you know your own skills? it increases your mana for 20% for a duration of 8 seconds each time it ticks, so you'll have that 6k mana for 8 seconds and then you're back at 2.5k but the poster doesn't know how the skill works

Bullshit. Your celebrating another class being nerfed. Did you really call priests FoTM? Priests? Seriously??!

Your just a whiny little brat who's upset because shaman aren't topping everything right now. Don't you understand this game at all? There is no balance. Everyone gets "their turn". People like you QQing over and over again and calling for nerfs just because you can't play great is what is ruining the game. Some retard shaman whines and priest gets nerfed.

Making this thread and celebrating and laughing at the expense of every priest is just stupid and retarded. Your happy they are made worse? Well I'll be grinning when shamans are nerfed to the ground tbh. Whiny little bastards that they are.
    you dont read do you :S im not QQing im not saying shamans dont top everything and your and idiot for exploding into and insane nerdrage, and sure if u think shamans r op tell me what needs a nerf and id debate it happilt, and each class getting its turn is bullshit, they should all be able to compete fairly

Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    I'm still trying to figure out why he started talking about shaman and them not needing nerfs.
    above questions ^^ read them please, i was saying that i im just happy a more than balanced class ( no im not shouting OP and running to the hills ) is now more balanced?

erm, this is a pvp only discussion hence the forum in which i put it in i dont care about pve aspects of it althought im sure they got hit a little bit by them but thats the way the game goes, and yes, mana burns been around a while, but i recall it didnt used to be nearly as powerful? and please go ahead and nerf shamans but i dont really see what your going to nerf, bloodlust got a nerf and thats our only unique thing, blizzard has said resto shamans r where they want them to be, just because your angry doesnt mean u dont have to be civil, im just happy because there more balanced now, note: i dont want priests to be unviable, quite the opposite, am i being unreasonable about asking for a discussion on this?
    What's the point of a discussion? This isn't the official wow forums. Any suggestions we make are moot. You just made this post out of spite and put in "let's discuss!" to try and make it not look that way.

On a side note, I love how blizz decided to let dk/pally be op for a whole season, then said "sorry" like it would help. Then, barely into s6, "priests r gud? NERF!".

Oh ya priests are soooo fotm. Everyone rerolled priest and got it to 80 in a week. : It couldn't possibly be that there were already priests out there that are good at arena, and the buffs just made them better.

They don't need nerfs because he plays one.

Priests on the other hand, well they are a FoTM class and must be nerfed.. Lmao.
    algalon isnt the only one who feeds on your tears

10+ Year Old Account

Yet to test this but i know it did in arena , maybe some sort of an exploit or affected by other buffs on at the time ???
    No, it didn't. Hymn of Hope grants 20% maximum mana for ~7 seconds, that's what you saw.
    Hymn of Hope is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rymezz
    It's easy, don't you know your own skills? it increases your mana for 20% for a duration of 8 seconds each time it ticks, so you'll have that 6k mana for 8 seconds and then you're back at 2.5k but the poster doesn't know how the skill works
    OMG rational thought, thank you :P