Arms Warrior PvP Questions

Just curious what other Arms warriors are using in regards to the following:

How are you gemming your PvP gear? Strength/Crit/ArP/Hit (to cap)

How are you enchanting your PvP gear? Survivability (Stam, Res) or Maximizing DPS

What Glyphs are you using?

Please provide your reasoning for how you gem/enchant/glyph your PvP gear. What caps are you trying to achieve as far as Strenth/AP/Crit/ArP (hit is a given)?

Re: Arms Warrior PvP Questions

How are you gemming your PvP gear? I'm gemming it a mixture of survivability and offensive stats. Usually +16 str or something like that, and +24 stam in blue slots. I try and keep a good balance of Str/Crit, hit to cap obviously (and 1% or so ahead if you can help it just in case of debuffs) and ArP I don't really bother with.

How are you enchanting your PvP gear? Most of my enchants are DPS enchants atm. Berzerking, AP/Crit leg enchant, AP enchants, ect. I do have the PvP AP/Resil enchant for helm/shoulders too.

What Glyphs are you using? Rapid Charge/Mortal Strike/Hamstring Major | Charge/Bloodrage/battle Minor.

Now right now my real debate is resiliance. At the moment I run with 630 resil, about 680 or so once I get my furious ring. Most warriors I see run with around 650-750 resil and I'm trying to debate what to use myself. I'm sort of thinking that it would be a lot of help to get even 850-900 resil if I could get it w/o gimping my dps too much. The reasoning I have is it could make a difference for surviving burst if my healer gets a CC chain, although usually I can just shield wall.

How are you gemming your PvP gear? Strength/Crit/ArP/Hit (to cap)
    Red; Str
    Yellow; Crit
    Blue; AP+Sta

How are you enchanting your PvP gear? Survivability (Stam, Res) or Maximizing DPS
    Max DPS enchants wins.

Major; Charge, MS, Hamstring
    Minor; Bloodrage, Charge, Battle Shout.

How are you gemming your PvP gear?
    Red - 16 str
    Yellow - 8str/8 crit
    Blue - 27str

How are you enchanting your PvP gear?
    max dps.

Mortal Strike
    Charge
    Hamstring
    Pay a man enough, and he'll walk barefoot into hell

15+ Year Old Account

How are you gemming your PvP gear?
    It depends on the gem bonus, but I have the honor pieces (furious boot, belt, bracer) socketed with resilience gems while the rest are usually with str. I haven't tried ArP yet.

How are you enchanting your PvP gear?
    All dps except my shoulders, which use the resilience enchant.

Rend, Charge, Hamstring.

Most the things said here are true, but one thing.

Crit gemming, forget it.

Your main source of damage comes from MS and overpower, MS crits every 12 seconds with charge and OP has a talented 50% crit rate.

I'd like to point out that hit cap is very important, shatter throw missing or fear missing is devestating.

So:
    Red - 16 str
    Yellow - 16 hit
    Blue - 8 str/12 sta or 27 str gems if you are a JC

As for glyphs, I use rend, charge and mortal strike, the minors are like everyone elses, battle, charge and blood rage.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCDante
    Most the things said here are true, but one thing.

Crit gemming, forget it.

Your main source of damage comes from MS and overpower, MS crits every 12 seconds with charge and OP has a talented 50% crit rate.

I'd like to point out that hit cap is very important, shatter throw missing or fear missing is devestating.

So:
    Red - 16 str
    Yellow - 16 hit
    Blue - 8 str/12 sta or 27 str gems if you are a JC

As for glyphs, I use rend, charge and mortal strike, the minors are like everyone elses, battle, charge and blood rage.
    ^ what he said.

I agree hit cap is very important but you shouldn't have to gem for it to be honest. However if you need to than gem for it over crit, yes.