Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: How can you out-threat a mage pulling 40k dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawke
    All that effort to down him and it gets changed to 3mins 5 days later.

Moaned about how it was unfair that they changed it after guilds had already done it, now that they struggled to do it, Blizz changed it back.

Poor Ensidia.
    Yeah but if the ONLY way to do it was to use the Flower Power spell steal... that's probably not "as designed" so it makes sense.

335% critical strike damage, haste and singed all add up to hilarious dps as a mage.
    Besides the things already mentioned they were probably lucky with the starlight as well, a warrior tank is optimal due to how Heroic Strike works, since it's next swing. Best we managed was 2:25 so it's definitely a Hardmode-kill next week.

Any1 got a picture off the dps meter where the mage pulled 40k, I would realy like to see it DD

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

a proper prot warrior cud pull about 10k tps on that fight, considering i pull 7k or something myself on patchwerk 25. ofc vigilance helps alot, and other then that there will probably be alot of misdirects, tricks of the trade and hand of salvation. dont forget range has to go over 130% of tanks threat:P

1. Pop mirror when you get the buffs and get close on meters.
    2. At 27s (3s left) on mirror image hit Invis
    3. All threat is wiped and Hodir is dead by the time you get close enough to pull agro again.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderlord&n=Draginclaw

Deleted

I don't mean to be a direct ass but this thread is filled with people who simply don't know what they're talking about.

Ensidias, by now, rather famous Hodir kill was made possible by them exploiting the Pollinate buff from the freya lasher packs. That I belive most know by now. However, what most don't know is that the mobs from Freya were actually kept in combat with Hodir and tanked in his room.

So saying that nuking until you've got 3seconds left on the buff is moot, as they'd get it up right after anyway. Now it's just personal speculation, but a warrior on Hodir can potentially pull 8-10k personal threat per second, then add in tricks of the trade, missdirection and vigilance on top of that and you got yourself a tank whom can hold 14-15k DPS'ers at bay, assuming a 10% threat modifier.

I myself have done 8.4k personal TPS on Hodir hardmode (WMO doesn't count vigilance, tricks of the trade or missdirection), and that was with 'just' a 66% uptime on Stormpower, so more is 'easily' doable.

Either way, outtanking spectacular DPS'ers isn't something new, it can be done using the numerous mechanics involved with threat and aggro, and I'm sure that Ensidia is aware of every one of them.

This thread needs more necro.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm
    Where did I even mention the stacking of pollinate? Or wait, did you think they used Flower Power, from the mobs near Avatar of Freya in Sholazar?

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    According to armory (which is failing lately) the Mages are only arcane or FFB, both having a lot of threat reduction anyway, and if 1 Holy Paladin uses an Improved Salv on each mage they'll have no problems the entire fight specially with Mirror Images for a good while

the way we do it is: let the mage dps like a bat out of hell(at max range with vigilence on him z.z) hodir turns around the mt taunts him back for the agro, mage waits for the 'ok go" in vent, does it again, tank taunts and has stupid agro, then the mage invis' or iceblocks now the tank has no compitition from anyone else and the mage is back to a "normal" spot on omen
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD