Holy or Ret 2vs2 with arms warr?

Hiya,

I am currently specced holy, in pve gear, desperately trying to get pvp gear (getting wtfpwned without resi), I am teamed up with an arms warrior (RL friend) and we are not looking for a massive rating, just do arenas on odd days to have a laugh.

Whilst starting to gear up for pvp items the thought has struck that maybe I should spec for ret pvp for burst dps with the warr, or should i stay holy for HS and heal the warr like a mofo?

my thoughts at the moment is stay holy, because thats what I know and do best (although pvp and pve are completly different games) however, the main reason for holy is to keep holy shock, and the instant FoL up for kiting heals, however ret I could really get stuck in and wtfpwn things (hopefully) whilst having the instant FoL constantly proccing from crits (is this a viable way to keep 2 players up?)

any comments welcome, but only constructive ones will be heard!

Re: Holy or Ret 2vs2 with arms warr?

You'll be better off as holy if you're running with a warrior. The idea of running as ret with him might sound fun on paper, but the reality won't go so hot.

cool thats all i needed thanks, already brought 2 pieces so didnt want that 70k honor to go to waste XD

As a ret you'd have to baby sit the warrior too much.

With two good players you'd do okay but a double dps comp with a warrior is not forgiving at all.

15+ Year Old Account

if this was TBC, id say holy (even if the class functioned the same as they do now) but currently idk. Either or imo.

It wont be a walk in the park either way because thatw arrior is going to need heals regardless. But MS debuff, fear, your stuns...it can work out. If you get sacred shield it will be even better.

Tbh go prot! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Anuberak
    Tbh go prot! :O
    ironically i just came accross this thread again whilst looking for another one about having a holy geared prot pally in 2vs2, im gonna give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by Sartecho
    You'll be better off as holy if you're running with a warrior. The idea of running as ret with him might sound fun on paper, but the reality won't go so hot.
    ^^^^ This ^^^^

Ret pally/warr is a crappy combo, especially if you have no resilience which means you have little to no survivability. Ret pallies are good for double dps comps who can CC/stun a lot, not good with classes that GET CCed a lot (warriors).
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Double DPS comps rely on CC to defeat healer/DPS comps. You just plain don't have enough CC as Ret/Arms to achieve your maximum potential.

As someone else said (and looks like you already did), try out a Prot/Holy build with Holy gear. A friend of mine who got 2500+ last season (via 37/0/34 spec) is using 19/52/0 and is already above 2400. Ranged interrupts, 20s Hammer's, absolutely huge crits, and if they focus you, you're practically unkillable; if they focus on the Warrior you healbomb him. I haven't tested it myself but my friend swears by it.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

15+ Year Old Account

ive faced a ret/arms duo last night and it was roflstomped by me and discpriest. so its not a good thing to go with.

prot(healing)/arms is also a setup ive faced several times. didnt lose to them