Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Puyobwoc
    As a bear, how important is barkskin?
    Very. Barkskin is our primary source of damage reduction in front of high spikes / high foreseen incoming damage.

    If you are in a fight with predictable extra damage, you should pop Barkskin right before it, so that it mitigates the incoming burst, and most importantly it's less of a sudden jump for your healers.
    Quick examples: Maexxna when Enraged, right before the stun; Anub'rekan, right before the Swarm; Malygos when sparked; Sartharion + drakes in the most critical moment; Emalon, right before the Nova; Steelbreaker when/if he gets the rune; Thorim when you get Unbalancing Strike, and so on.

    Another situation is where the high damage is constant (Patchwerk OT, for example). In that case, you will want to chain your tank cooldowns so that you always have something up. In this, Narkskin is a great help due to its low CD.

    Get confident in how you use it, and remember that it's a very precious cooldown, worth employing in every fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

  2. #222

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    ok thank you very much. i hadnt been incorporating it into my rotation

  3. #223

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Puyobwoc
    ok thank you very much. i hadnt been incorporating it into my rotation
    It's not part of our "rotation". It's not even subject to the global cooldown. Use it, but use it when needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

  4. #224

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Thanks for the good guide
    I have been resto/boomkin since vanilla and I recently (max 6weeks) started tanking naxx25 and uld 10 as a stopgap while our tanks are on holiday.
    I currently sit around 36k HP in bear with 39% dodge and 36% crit depending on trinkets
    and 80 ish hit.
    My query is related to my trinkets for uld 10 and early uld 25man

    I have the following available
    What combination is best for each of the uld 10 bosses?

    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46083 - i use this currently for hodir for the extra threat from not missing
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40257
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37220
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44253
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40683

  5. #225

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Quote Originally Posted by plasm
    Thanks for the good guide
    I have been resto/boomkin since vanilla and I recently (max 6weeks) started tanking naxx25 and uld 10 as a stopgap while our tanks are on holiday.
    I currently sit around 36k HP in bear with 39% dodge and 36% crit depending on trinkets
    and 80 ish hit.
    My query is related to my trinkets for uld 10 and early uld 25man

    I have the following available
    What combination is best for each of the uld 10 bosses?

    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46083 - i use this currently for hodir for the extra threat from not missing
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40257
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37220
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44253
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40683
    Greatness + Essence of Gossamer for IC (if you're Steelbreaker's tank), Hodir, Thorim, General Vezax.Greatness + Defender's Code for all the other fights, where you don't need extra stamina. Personal preference on Mimiron.

    Also, given 3.2 is Live, you may want to get The Black Heart from the Black Knight, normal mode, in the new 5men. From what I've seen it procs a lot, and can easily replace your Essence of Gossamer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

  6. #226

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    Greatness + Essence of Gossamer for IC (if you're Steelbreaker's tank), Hodir, Thorim, General Vezax.Greatness + Defender's Code for all the other fights, where you don't need extra stamina. Personal preference on Mimiron.

    Also, given 3.2 is Live, you may want to get The Black Heart from the Black Knight, normal mode, in the new 5men. From what I've seen it procs a lot, and can easily replace your Essence of Gossamer.
    ]
    Does the extra Stam not help for plasma blast on mimi?

  7. #227

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    on the topic of trinkets, is greatness still going to be the best trinket for bears?

  8. #228

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Does the extra Stam not help for plasma blast on mimi?
    It's more than likely that you'll rely on an external (healer) cooldown to mitigate the Plasma Blasts, so the extra Stam is helpful but not a must-have imo.

    on the topic of trinkets, is greatness still going to be the best trinket for bears?
    I haven't looked over the whole loot list, but I'm pretty confident it's going to remain a very good trinket. There's a lot of trinkets you can buy with Triumph Emblems and many seem pretty good but Greatness' avoidance is pretty awesome for Druids.

  9. #229

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Quote Originally Posted by plasm
    Does the extra Stam not help for plasma blast on mimi?
    You still have to rely on cooldowns, so it's more of a personal preference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Puyobwoc
    on the topic of trinkets, is greatness still going to be the best trinket for bears?
    As far as Ulduar hardmodes go, yes. Haven't checked Coliseum yet, but it's too soon to discuss it, we have no idea what the full loot tables are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

  10. #230
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,059

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Puyobwoc
    on the topic of trinkets, is greatness still going to be the best trinket for bears?

    probably, but im really interested in seeing where the black heart fits for bear trinkets.

    126stam and chance to proc 7k armor for 10 seconds. sexyyyyy

  11. #231

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    I dunno, I think I prefer 162 Stam and an on-use effect I can trigger myself. That being said, I'd like the on-use effect to be a good chunk of armor rather than dodge rating. :/

  12. #232

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    As far as Ulduar hardmodes go, yes. Haven't checked Coliseum yet, but it's too soon to discuss it, we have no idea what the full loot tables are.
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47088/s...peding-scarab/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47131/deaths-verdict/
    Both drop in heroic 25 man. I would expect they would be superior to anything that drops in the 10 man version. The proc on Death's Verdict is more than Greatness, but the lack of static agility (and AP in case) seems like it would be inferior to Greatness (assuming equal proc rates).
    Satrina's Impeding Scarab Is about 2k HP and another 5K when you need it, but it's just HP and is probably more needed by a DK or a Warrior who still fall slightly behind with their health pools.
    If I had the money, I would still buy Greatness.

  13. #233

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Quote Originally Posted by rated

    probably, but im really interested in seeing where the black heart fits for bear trinkets.

    126stam and chance to proc 7k armor for 10 seconds. sexyyyyy
    I got it yesterday after running about 4 norm runs. And, basicaly, I'm loving it.

  14. #234

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Just wondering if Improved Demoralizing Roar is worth speccing into for a tank build, does anyone have any calculations on how much this reduces incoming DPS from mobs/bosses.

    Thanks

  15. #235

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Malfuron
    Just wondering if Improved Demoralizing Roar is worth speccing into for a tank build, does anyone have any calculations on how much this reduces incoming DPS from mobs/bosses.

    Thanks
    AP-reducing effects have a very large impact on bosses and npcs in general. While the effect seems minimal on a player, npcs have a low AP rating and they scale greatly on it.
    That said, the impact from improving it is, if I remember corrrectly, lower than any other mitigation talent so you can have. So in talent budgeting, it has the least priority. However, I need to check the math if you want the current data, so I'll come back on this later on when I have some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

  16. #236

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    One question for Arel...
    i will use in my future gear This trinket for sure: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47088/s...peding-scarab/

    but i cant decide which one as second...could you give me a hand?
    i was thinking about one of those:
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47735/g...ndomitability/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/44253/d...ard-greatness/

  17. #237

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuu
    One question for Arel...
    i will use in my future gear This trinket for sure: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47088/s...peding-scarab/

    but i cant decide which one as second...could you give me a hand?
    i was thinking about one of those:
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47735/g...ndomitability/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/44253/d...ard-greatness/
    Eh, good question. I don't think I can answer it this simply. Since the two trinkets offer completely different stats (mitigation, avoidance) the best results will come for the one that covers your specific needs the most. In short: depends on the rest of your gear.
    My suggestion would just be to, when you have completed or almost completed your T9-level gear, to use a spreadsheet or a math-modeled program (like RAWR) and see what nets you the highest bonus. As I was saying some posts ago, Best-in-Slot is a mathematical equation, whose variables include your stats from the rest of your gear. Until we know more about what stats all our future T9 gear will give us, it's pretty hard to decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

  18. #238

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    hi there again, i read somewhere at EJ that parry-haste was cancelled in wotlk
    true/false?
    thx

  19. #239
    Miss Doctor Lady Bear Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    15,036

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuu
    hi there again, i read somewhere at EJ that parry-haste was cancelled in wotlk
    true/false?
    thx
    False.  Parry haste still occurs, in general.  They can turn it off for any boss they want though -- for example, Patchwerk has no parry haste.  They'll generally do this when they want the boss to hit extremely hard (I'd guess steelbreaker has it off too, although I'm not sure), so that it's not an instagib.

    Edit: I was correct; Steelbreaker has parry hasting off. So does Ignis, since originally he was another very hard and slow hitting boss. They're not the only ones.

  20. #240

    Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

    Hello,
    I've been a bear through all wotlk, and i didnt have any problems gemming so far, it was agility ftw.
    But now, with 3.2 and the agility/dodge nerfs, im unsure what to gem. I've been trying to find something usefull on the net, but couldnt find anything, thats why im posting here.
    Im choosing between agility and stamina. My head tells me to go full agility, but rawr and some other ppl on my server are trying to convince me otherwise. What do you guys think?
    Btw, im the main tank of uld25 raiding guild, on vacation, we cleared it long time ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •