Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

What do you guys think between the engineer enchant +800 armor to gloves vs the traditional +20 agility to gloves?
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PewZ007
    What do you guys think between the engineer enchant +800 armor to gloves vs the traditional +20 agility to gloves?
    Looks like it's plate-only, from wowhead? I'm no engineer, though..

Taking this back; it looks like it does work (and is the best enchant for physical mitigation). Lucky engineers

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Looks like it's plate-only, from wowhead? I'm no engineer, though..

Taking this back; it looks like it does work (and is the best enchant for physical mitigation). Lucky engineers
    So I should enchant use it over 20 agi?
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

For tanking, yes 800 armor is a lot better than 20 agi.

Guys for tanking druid is there anything better than

Sharp-Barbed Leather Belt
    Binds when picked up Waist Leather
    317 Armor
    +45 Agility
    +75 Stamina
    Blue Socket
    Socket Bonus: +4 Expertise Rating
    Durability 40 / 40
    Requires Level 80
    Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 43 (5.25 @ L80).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 132.

from Uk heroic drop???

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lorshavrel
    Guys for tanking druid is there anything better than

Sharp-Barbed Leather Belt
    Binds when picked up Waist Leather
    317 Armor
    +45 Agility
    +75 Stamina
    Blue Socket
    Socket Bonus: +4 Expertise Rating
    Durability 40 / 40
    Requires Level 80
    Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 43 (5.25 @ L80).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 132.

from Uk heroic drop???

At what gear level? Before raids, no. In Naxxramas and Ulduar, look at the gear lists in the guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

i was looking at my gear today, and wondering...is http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45303 better then http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45874 for tanking?? id loose hp, armor, and attack power...but gain crit, haste, ArP, and dodge

Nah, Signet is quite a bit better for tanking with its armor and stamina and its dodge rating actually gives more dodge than you'd get from the 59 agility as well. Around 0.83% dodge from the agility (before Kings and talents) versus 1.09%.

ty, guess i can still use the armor and stam

also, swipe in bear form still only hits 3 ppl...or does it hit everyone (5mobs lets say)

It hits everything around you now, even behind you. No target limit and don't need to target or face a mob to use it.

whats that addon that someone mentioned that shows the cast for bosses swings, so we can pop a BR or innervate or something

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by RestoSkorge
    That is a terrible spec...

here is a classic bear spec always efficient.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...0&version=9901
    I usually don't discuss specs here but... you have some guts to call Qieth's spec terrible when you're posting THAT. Just by not taking Imp.MotW and being 2/3 Imp.Mangle you're showing that you know nothing of tank builds.
    Do your homework please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Yep I use the same spec as Qieth and it is excellent for tanking. Furor and Improved Mangle don't really have much use in tanking although it is really annoying to shift multiple times to start a pull with 10 rage. >

Furor really seems to me like it should be a 3 point talent now.

Not sure if someone already posted it, but Greater Inscription of the Gladiator - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44957 is a very nice shoulder enchant. Only cost 10K honor, which is one WG win. Should be doable even for non-pvp'ers.

Noticed something with the bear macros, thought i would make an ammendment.

Mangle and Swipe macros won't work as listed, instead new macros (to cover some changes in syntax) should be:

Mangle :
    #showtooltip
    /cast Mangle (Bear)()
    /cast !Maul

Swipe :
    #showtooltip
    /cast Swipe (Bear)()
    /cast !Maul

Quote Originally Posted by Pythia
    Not sure if someone already posted it, but Greater Inscription of the Gladiator - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44957 is a very nice shoulder enchant. Only cost 10K honor, which is one WG win. Should be doable even for non-pvp'ers.
    yes but is 30stam/15res better then 20dodge/15def (i think, hodir rep)???

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme
    yes but is 30stam/15res better then 20dodge/15def (i think, hodir rep)???
    Depends on fight / philosophy. Sarth3d, or similar high-stam fights? Sure. Most fights? I'd rather not start into the holy war.

If you don't have access to rep/inscription enchants, it's a good enchant. Otherwise, it's a personal decision based on what you need more (stam vs avoidance).

i would agree with u on that...def based on fight/prefrence....but wouldnt dodge/def be more mitigation/survival then 30 stam, especially since res dont do much at low lvls??

also, random question...some1 mentioned an addon that tracked the swing time of bosses, if this is truely an addon...anyone no the name of it??

15+ Year Old Account

i would agree with u on that...def based on fight/prefrence....but wouldnt dodge/def be more mitigation/survival then 30 stam, especially since res dont do much at low lvls??
    Right, (any amount of) resil is completely useless (provided you have SotF and >= 400 def). The decision is between 30 stam (~490 hp) vs. 0.62% dodge + 0.12% miss (before DR).

That said, if you look at what's available on gems, 16 agi (or dodge rating) is matched with 24 stam, so the amount of agi (dodge) is about 2/3 the amount of stam available. In this case, the 20 dodge rating is matched in the same ratio with the 30 stam... but you have an additional 15 defense rating bonus if you select the dodge. So if you need some stam, gems would be a better place to get it than this enchant. If you need all the stam you can possibly get, the stam enchant is available.

also, random question...some1 mentioned an addon that tracked the swing time of bosses, if this is truely an addon...anyone no the name of it??
    I know there are mods that track your own swing timer (e.g., Quartz), but I've never heard of one for bosses. Seems like it would be hard, given variation due to parries, etc. It might be possible to just find a running average over the incoming melee speed and use that to give a rough estimate of time to next swing, though..

Awesome post, but maybe you could add some more specific information for bear tanks that are going into Ulduar.

For example, I see you have OOC in nearly all specs.
    I don't really think you need that considering the amount of damage everything in Ulduar does (even trash).
    You'll have plenty of rage anyway, so why the need to get 'free' hits? ^^

Also, King of the Jungle is a great talent.
    Sure you lose 16% base armor for a few seconds, but you gain 15% damage and thus threat.
    If you can manage without, that's great.
    Those tanks that have trouble with holding aggro in the later stages of a boss fight (or at the start) should try this talent.

All in all this is a great guide, thanks for sharing Arel00 (and others responsible for the content).
    Quality stuff as expected ^^;