Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

Where can I download RAWR? I played around with it a while back but when I first downloaded it something downloaded corrupted and it never completely worked properly.

Does it still run using the .NET framework or am I confusing that with something else?

15+ Year Old Account

what was that "softcap" added in?

I"ve got the blood draining enchant done today is it good for druid tanking you guys think?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    Where can I download RAWR? I played around with it a while back but when I first downloaded it something downloaded corrupted and it never completely worked properly.

Does it still run using the .NET framework or am I confusing that with something else?
    It's at http://rawr.codeplex.com/. It does use the .NET framework.. I had it close to running on my linux box at work, but couldn't quite get there... but any windows machine I've tried is fine.

Alski, the soft cap was added at or shortly after wrath I think.

I would have to say, IMHO, that KotJ should NOT be used as a tanking talent. Especially with progression, using enrage while fighting mobs is the WORST thing you could do, you shouldn't need to use it at all and the amount of damage you do compared to the amount of damage you take is not worth it.
    My spec is almost exactly the same as your Third Spec but instead of KotJ I've done 2/2 Bash. I know that it's not really useful at all times but i like having a quicker interrupt whilst progressing through Ulduar. It's mostly playstyle but again, i recommend not using KotJ, at least while doing Ulduar progression.

15+ Year Old Account

Personally, I like having KotJ as part of my tank spec. Not to use during enrage, but because it makes dpsing something after I've finished tanking feel less terrible (for example, the last mob of Council, which a different tank has been tanking). I don't know if it's a meaningful dps boost, but it sure feels a lot better than sitting there waiting for energy more often.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mordreas
    I"ve got the blood draining enchant done today is it good for druid tanking you guys think?
    no
    If anything, it's a pvp enchant. for bears, mongoose all the way.

Can some1 write me down the tank stats you should have to start tanking Ulduar 10 man?
    I'm druid tank with 32k hp unbuffed and 40% dodge or more.
    lol can't remember agility and AP now though
    : : :

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lorshavrel
    Can some1 write me down the tank stats you should have to start tanking Ulduar 10 man?
    I'm druid tank with 32k hp unbuffed and 40% dodge or more.
    lol can't remember agility and AP now though
    : : :
    Put that way, you're ready.

The suggestion for progressing in general is: to be ready for <tier X> content, your gear should be of high level <tier X-1> content.
    In short: if you have a good Naxx10-level gear, you can start Ulduar10, and maybe sweat some. If your gear is Naxx25-level, you're more than fine.

That's simply why I put only the starting point for heroics. Once you start raiding, it's advisable to get the best or near best gear you can grab form that tier level before going further.

Regarding RAWR: there's a tricky link in my post, I'll add a more visible one. The survival cap was added with 3.1 I believe, early 3.0 versions didn't count on that and required a manual optimization.

Regarding KotJ: my aim was not to discuss the strong and weak points of feral specs, else it will take a 100 pages threat and we'll still go nowhere. I am merely stating some of the most common ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Thanks arel. I'll admit...I didn't thoroughly search the original post for a rawr link. I apologize for my laziness Thanks for the second link regardless...I'll need to get that set up on my laptop at home. The desktop I play on is a mac.

ON RAWR:
    the reason Rawr values Agi > Stam or Stam > Agi is based on your selected gear/spec/raid buffs selected.

When you first start optimising your gear, max your likely raid buffs (esspetially anything that gives Agi/Stam), make sure your spec is selected, and when you first start selecting gear you may have to go back to the same slot and find that other pieces become BIS after you've selected other items for BIS.

I think you still need to interject a little commen sense and maybe even do some hand-math for certain situations but charts will list Stam > Agi if you have an extremely low HP base. Full raid buffs and Agi scaling will change this.

If you have lots of Stam gear selected it will value more Stam gear > Agi too. This is because your dodge is so low that the charts still see you getting hit so often that Stam/Mit stacking makes the most sense (you're not dodging enough, so it thinks you need MORE stam not to die). Works the other way around as well. If your Agi is so high you'll be getting hit that much less often and you use the Stam/Mit less with high dodge than with low dodge. But you'll still obviously be hit so survivability is more of a 'will I not get 2 shot? are my healers good?' question. Once you answer 'yes' stamina 'caps' and avoidance becomes the best selection.

With full spec/raid buffs selected you'll end up with anything high agi being your BIS for average fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Personally, I like having KotJ as part of my tank spec. Not to use during enrage, but because it makes dpsing something after I've finished tanking feel less terrible (for example, the last mob of Council, which a different tank has been tanking). I don't know if it's a meaningful dps boost, but it sure feels a lot better than sitting there waiting for energy more often.
    I suppose, I kinda assumed this was for straight bear tanking though >< I'd definitely have it in my cat spec, if i had one lol.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    I suppose, I kinda assumed this was for straight bear tanking though >< I'd definitely have it in my cat spec, if i had one lol.
    All builds I linked are for straight bear. As I said, I just linked some common ones, far from discussing them atm.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    All builds I linked are for straight bear. As I said, I just linked some common ones, far from discussing them atm.
    Was wondering if anyone was gonna make a cat thread; otherwise i might be inclined to do so.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    Was wondering if anyone was gonna make a cat thread; otherwise i might be inclined to do so.
    well you would probably be the best for that, havent seen any other feral get close to you in terms of dps numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    well you would probably be the best for that, havent seen any other feral get close to you in terms of dps numbers.
    Well doing is one thing; teaching is another. I may give it a shot come this weekend when I have some free time. See what I can write up lol.

What do you think about the gloves of King Ymiron in heroic UP as starter gear?
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PewZ007
    What do you think about the gloves of King Ymiron in heroic UP as starter gear?
    Not bad, but Handwraps are superior tank-wise, and they're a 100% reliable item since they come from a quest. Hence the reccomendation.

great post, really appreciate the tips...one quick question since i either read over it or its not up here. Is there a soft cap for hit rating for bears? i was told like 5% hit is soft cap or something, can someone please let me no if this is true...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme
    great post, really appreciate the tips...one quick question since i either read over it or its not up here. Is there a soft cap for hit rating for bears? i was told like 5% hit is soft cap or something, can someone please let me no if this is true...thanks
    Nah there's no soft cap. you need 8% to get rid of misses.