Druid/Rogue replacing Priest/Rogue?

READ BEFORE YOU JUDGE PURELY ON THE TITLE! I know some of you bastards do and it makes me >

Incase you didn't notice, Blizzard changed diminishing returns so that cyclone and blind don't share a cooldown. First of all, what do you think the reason is for this? And second, do you think because of this it will make druid/rogue teams more popular?

I don't play arena much to know, I'm just bored at work and wanted to ask. :P

Re: Druid/Rogue replacing Priest/Rogue?

Could be... priests shield made rogue to survive more+healz but druid got HoTs which makes rogue even more surviving dps. Now when priest will be nerfed they will oom faster than ever...
    Friend or Fowl?

dont see how D/R cant be better then P/R now. Imo they went abit too far on this 1. Everything about R/P that was good got a nerfbat. CC synergy, manaburn, pendence, hymn.

Cant belive priests was thouse that needed the hardest nerf. I can truly say i dont get that WE where the sole reason P/R was good. Rogues are just gonna move on. They can always get partners.

But im actualy surprised that im surprised.
    I dident play P/R but warrior/priest. And our combo also got the shaft now. Same with mage/priest.

I seriously cant see that priests are the OP class in Wow atm. I can see we need a fix. Not a nerdrage nerf.
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

15+ Year Old Account

I REALLY don't think so..! I mean, at least on Europe I still see loads of P/R

Quote Originally Posted by Priear
    dont see how D/R cant be better then P/R now. Imo they went abit too far on this 1. Everything about R/P that was good got a nerfbat. CC synergy, manaburn, pendence, hymn.

Cant belive priests was thouse that needed the hardest nerf. I can truly say i dont get that WE where the sole reason P/R was good. Rogues are just gonna move on. They can always get partners.

But im actualy surprised that im surprised.
    I dident play P/R but warrior/priest. And our combo also got the shaft now. Same with mage/priest.

I seriously cant see that priests are the OP class in Wow atm. I can see we need a fix. Not a nerdrage nerf.
    My arena career started last week and consists of 8 games total. First time I ever tried Arena. I was with my warrior friend and it was definitely an interesting experience. We won like 2 matches, lol. Course he's a veteran and I'm in PvE Naxx gear, so that was to be expected. I don't think it's my cup of tea, however I was a little upset that because of arena, it's hurting my PvE performance a bit.

GhostCrawler stated that the all the priests nerfs post 3.1 have been for PvP reasons. I saw a post earlier from him.

The nerfs aren't the end of the world (for PvE), but with each one, it will add up. But I have confidence Blizzard wouldn't leave priests hanging if we weren't performing well in PvE.

In conclusion, more power to you whom can do Arena. I'm more the type that perfers to start a new character every couple of months and then forget about it. :P

i am looking forward to spending 9 seconds in hurricane then 10 seconds blinded in more matches, that should be good
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by Navia
    Incase you didn't notice, Blizzard changed diminishing returns so that cyclone and blind don't share a cooldown. First of all, what do you think the reason is for this? And second, do you think because of this it will make druid/rogue teams more popular?
    Unlikely, and here's why:

Current iteration of arena resto druid relies VERY heavily on treeform bonuses for mana management. Entering treeform is not cheap. You must exit treeform to be able to cyclone.

It is not a bad comp, and it's certainly doable, but it's nowhere near where it was in S4. Priest rogue is still #1 by a large margin, even after latest nerf wave.

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    i am looking forward to spending 9 seconds in hurricane then 10 seconds blinded in more matches, that should be good
    LMAO... challengers ftw

Important to notice not only blind doesn't share DR with cyclone but it does now with
    fear effects which means one more nerf on priest/rogue side. Don't think it is enough to
    give upper hand to rogue/druid team, since this is just one of the many factors involved.
    Bigger than Life.

it will and it won't be a buff. druids got buffed, but not as much as they were in s4.

as a hunter/priest team i am thrilled that more rogues will choose druids. then i can win lol. mana war will be no problem. just my two cents. but the DR will suck.
    Hunter
    Druid
    Rogue

I play teh easy classes lozl

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    Unlikely, and here's why:

Current iteration of arena resto druid relies VERY heavily on treeform bonuses for mana management. Entering treeform is not cheap. You must exit treeform to be able to cyclone.

It is not a bad comp, and it's certainly doable, but it's nowhere near where it was in S4. Priest rogue is still #1 by a large margin, even after latest nerf wave.
    no.... they need to revert the dr change because its just plain stupid.... if you go on arenajunkies you'll see a ton of glad RDRUIDs stating that the change is stupid and needs to be reverted. If you can't see why its a bad change you clearly don't understand arena mechanics at all.

Quote Originally Posted by T3KN1K
    LMAO... challengers ftw
    everybody is a comedian
    all hail king frost strike

Deleted

i think priest/rogue will still work out better than druid /rogue even with those nerfs.

I like the feedback on this thread, however everyone keeps assuming the druid is a tree.

I run Rogue/Rogue since it is a lot of fun...win or lose.

However with the lates changes, i want to see what will happen with a boomkin.

If a rogue and a boomkin can force the trinket between sap and spam cyclone, then they eat a 10s blind.

I am sure that a rogue and a boomkin can destroy pretty much anything in 10s.

Thoughts?
    "Retribution Paladins are the Eddy Gordo's of World of Warcraft"

I dont know how the hell blizzard is thinking, rogues are good atm druids are decent. druid did maybe need a buff in PvP, BUT druid was more then decent with a rogue atleast vs priest/rogue. with a rogue the druid can get away easy and got time to CC.

In a perfect world druid should maybe got a buff that make them better when they play with everyone except rogues....but its the opposite now. gg -.-
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    most of that was changed in 3.1

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=65139

no longer need to be in tree form to get the cheap HoTs
    Tree form mana cost is now the same as Travel form (cheap)

Only bonuses in tree form are :
    +240% armor from equipment
    +4% heal and +6% heal aura
    +15% of spirit as healing power
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

they decided not to nerf the penance glyph btw

Someone made a point abt moonkin rogue and i think if played smart they can eat pretty much any given team . Being a duel dps team or a dps heals team or a turtle team ( 2 heals ) . 6 secs cyclone with a 10 sec blind is like crazy cc . If the 1st is goin to be trinklet then the blind is on its way . The only worry is if by any chance either one is caught our of stealth THEN its goin to be really hard to have a come back . I play a druid (resto ) but i do have a fair bit of knowladge on moonkins . B4 the 3.1 patch i did some arena with a mutilate rogue and it went prety good . We had a good bit of cc but now with no diminishin returns on blind im feelin my way to atleast a rating 1800 ;D . But now that someone bought the topic of moonkin rogue i will be really looking forward to play this combo . Ty for the thought of this combo

To be honest I'd much rather go up against druid/rogue than disc/rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by T3KN1K
    no.... they need to revert the dr change because its just plain stupid.... if you go on arenajunkies you'll see a ton of glad RDRUIDs stating that the change is stupid and needs to be reverted. If you can't see why its a bad change you clearly don't understand arena mechanics at all.
    You'll also notice that most of them play rogue - priest and want their ability to faceroll to glad for yet another season back.
    Not that is is harmed much so far. They're still far beyond what they were... well, ever in the history of the game. Being the most powerful comp bar none and literally eating everyone coming against them alive is an advatage even DK-pal didn't have in it's peak moments of S5.