Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Auriaya - The Pull

I couldn't find a thread about the pull for Auriaya; which is the single hardest part of the fight.

My guild tried several different approaches before finally settling on the following.

The raid goes down the left stairs from the teleporter. The raid minus two OTs and their two healers moves to the left of the staircase against the wall. The two OTs and their healers stay on the staircase. (see my l33t paint skillz below for a picture of this)

We drop a totem in the middle of the lower platform to the left. This starts the pull. As the boss and adds come up the stairs a DK uses DnD at the top of the stairs (this DK must be with the raid group, we used a DPS DK but a tank DK would be preferable). This pulls the boss and the adds to the raid. Then the OTs simple move down into LoS and taunt their two adds and move to the top of the stairs. (Both of these OTs blow their CDs to help them stay alive) Burn down the two adds in the raid and as the second dies let the OTs know to move their adds back to the raid. We usually have the 4th add about dead by the time the first fear goes off.

Re: Auriaya - The Pull

or jsut do what we do have the tanks who is tanking the boss pull the whole pack with a ps and guardian spirit on them and have tanks taunt adds from there simple

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestdemon
    or jsut do what we do have the tanks who is tanking the boss pull the whole pack with a ps and guardian spirit on them and have tanks taunt adds from there simple
    Or follow an easier tactic and don't waste cooldowns?
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Our pull:

We start the fight with a MD pull, the MD goes to OT2 which is one of the sentries, OT2 also pulls one additional sentry.
    OT1 pulls a single sentry alone at his corner, this tank is a druid for us in DPS gear (this one need sacrifice or pain sup).
    MT pulls one sentry aswell with the boss and stays in his corner until OT2 says his sentries are cleared, then MT pulls boss and his sentry to the raid and clear that one off. And then kill the last sentry.

Also be ready to BoP the hunter asap after one arrow.
    To clear things off, we do Sacrifce and Pain Supp all of the tanks whatever happens.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan
    Or follow an easier tactic and don't waste cooldowns?
    His tactic sounds much easier than the first one. And using a cooldown to make a successful bosskill is hardly a waste is it? And the first tactic asks OTs to blow CDs too. So I don't know what your problem is really.

We use a Holy pala to bubble, pull the panthers round the corner, tanks taunt off him. Simple.

We have rogues chain distract 2 of the cats. With 3 rogues you can chain her till she is half way. With 2 you can let here pat a quarter of the way. We have a pallie run in with bubble then tanks taunt off her with cooldowns up. We kill one of the cats before she gets there usually. Hunters can md the ones that are on the way.

P.s. the adds will agro as she runs to you, so you need to clear both sets of adds on the right or left.

As the MT for our group, I found that saving cooldowns and doing the pull correctly was a better strat. WE tried to rely on guardian spirit and cooldowns to save us from the pull, but guardian spirit saves you once, and there are 4 kitties. It was just easier and more reliable to have a Death and Decay down when they patted, have the OT pull an add or two to the side, and have the other OT keep threat on the kitties. MT taunts the boss and we just separate them far enough to not get pounced.

This is a repeatable pull as where the guardian spirit and cooldowns became unreliable and usually caused too many MT deaths. Think of this fight like High King Mulgar. There is a correct way, and there is a way that usually ends in a wipe.

My guild has 2-3 rogues chain distract 2 cats. Auriaya will continue to pat away with the other 2 cats. Once she is about halfway around the room the rogue sprints in and fan of knives a misdirect to our OT. The 2 cats run up to the OT and are nearly killed before the other 2 cats along with Auriaya show up. We have to BOP our healers to keep them from dying right away to the 2 new cats incoming but we run plenty of pallies so this isn't an issue. The other OT aoe taunts the last 2 cats incoming and our MT taunts Auriaya. From there it is just a faceroll and collect loot.

* Note you will have to pull the trash around the room before you engage her or she will aggro them and bring them in for the fun.

Deleted

shadowpriest with dispersion <3

Very simpple way to do it:

- Everyone hide out of line of sight, stacked up within a 2-3 yards range
    - Your MT (the one who will end up tanking Auriaya) pulls the whole pack
    - Make sure you have a pally using bubble + Hand of Sacrificee on the MT
    - Make sure your MT has Guardian Spirit
    - Make sure your MT Shield Walls
    - Offtanks peel the adds from your MT and pull it to raid
    - Heal your Offtanks like if there was no tomorrow
    - DPS the adds down like crazy

Result:
    - All the adds should be dead before the first fear
    - No one should die from the pull
    - Loots incoming!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rokamo
    * Note you will have to pull the trash around the room before you engage her or she will aggro them and bring them in for the fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAkVrbOJmfk

Trash pulled with Fear.

Anyway, we use all cd's at the start. Guardian spirit, pain suppresion, barkskin, shield wall, last stand... etc etc. Normally they are not needed later.

We do ours similar to the image from Camy, but in reverse. And we use a DK to pull with death and decay...he books it to the add tank on the side and as the cats come into LoS, a hunter Misdirects one to the 2nd addtank , and the 2nd addtank taunts the other. We have another tank pick up the boss until all adds are dead and then one of the addtanks picks up the boss. With this strategy it is possible for one add tank to get 3 cats on him if a taunt fails, so I'm usually the one that the dk runs to because with cooldowns and my healers, I can last long enough for the taunt CD to come back up

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elpay
    There is a correct way, and there is a way that usually ends in a wipe.
    Or rather - there are ways that work and ways that don't.

All we did was have a DK put down his AOE there as they're about to walk onto the ledge and run around the corner where the raid is hiding and they just come running up, no pounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus
    His tactic sounds much easier than the first one. And using a cooldown to make a successful bosskill is hardly a waste is it? And the first tactic asks OTs to blow CDs too. So I don't know what your problem is really.
    It might sound easier but having to hope your tank lives through the pull isn't the best strat.

The one my guild uses removes pounce from the picture and ensures that if anyone dies, it is our DPS DK and he usually gets a HoP to make sure he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus
    We use a Holy pala to bubble, pull the panthers round the corner, tanks taunt off him. Simple.
    Sure, totem + DnD is just as simple; you failed to mention where your raid stands, which is important to the pull.

As the MT for our group, I found that saving cooldowns and doing the pull correctly was a better strat.
    Bold for emphasis.

This is a repeatable pull as where the guardian spirit and cooldowns became unreliable and usually caused too many MT deaths. Think of this fight like High King Mulgar. There is a correct way, and there is a way that usually ends in a wipe.
    Amen. There are ways using CDs.........but they are unreliable and luck based.

@Jarrane See the above quoted message. Your way is luck based, why base it on luck when you can ensure it goes off exactly like you want it with the same results?

Not saying that these ways don't work. I have seen them done; but I see them as flawed because they have to much luck involved. They work and they fail depending on RNG. The way I posted removes the luck factor. It is by far not the only way to do this; just what we did. QQ'n because you think your way is simpler isn't what I meant this thread for. There are people looking for strats and I am giving them a sound one.

Totem pull works fine.. I'm not going to lie here.. I thought that image was Mickey Mouse as I was scrolling down.

DK Tank whacks DnD down at the bottom of the stairs and runs out of line of sight to join the whole raid before Auriaya gets there. She aggros, hunter goes round the corner and MD's an add to one of the OT's, rest of the OT's pick up their adds as they come round corner. Seperate the adds out as we nuke them. Dead boss. 100% successful pull every time.

Everyone stands out of los
    Dk drops DnD right before she gets to the turn around point and hops back to the rest of the raid
    Other tanks taunt
    GG

ours is similar to others mentioned

entire raid stands on one spot around the corner blocking los.
    one of the OT's makes the pull with a DnD in the path of the pack and runs back to raid before aggro.
    our war taunts the boss, i taunt the other two adds the other OT already has his two adds. drop every CD and ae the pack down all 4 dead before the first fear and its easy from there

the only tricky thing is the speed of aggro gain as the whole pack turns up , i target my two adds in turn and have a
    /targetLastTarget
    macro set up , so one press just swaps my target for the other add

We found out that the cats only pounce the targets they have aggro on and that they cannot pounce if their targets is less than 5 yards from them. Therefore, your raid does not really have to be out of los of the cats.

We have used 2 different types of pull so far and both worked well. I am too lazy to make my own map so I will use the one below.

First strat
    1)We had a dk tank, so we had him lay down a DND on the path of the boss then run to position 2. 2 healers are there waiting with him and rolling hots on him.
    2)We have 2 other tanks stand on the green dot.
    3)We have the whole raid just stand in the middle of the platform in such a way that healers can heal all tanks from where they stand.
    4)As the boss aggros, the 2 tanks will each taunt 1 cat when the cats are in melee range of them.
    5)When of the cat dies, the tank runs to another cat, taunts in melee range then drags it back to the raid.

It is very important to not have the tanks taunt from range as it is extra damage from pounce that you don't need.

2nd strat
    We had a prot paladin and a dps dk.
    1) prot paladin stands in position 2 and lays down consecrate
    2) dk drops DnD while not in frost presence
    3)We have 2 other tanks stand on the green do and each taunt 1 cat when they are in melee range of them.
    4)As soon as 2 of the cats are taunted, the paladin will taunt from the dps DK to grab aggro on the boss + the 2 adds.

The key to the strategy is to have 1 tank alone out of LOS and 2 tanks pick up adds as they run by them. This way the raid does not have to be in some weird positioning and none of the mobs have 4 stacks of the buff on them.