Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadow under extinction in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Mandui
    Indeed. 3 lvl 60-62 undead, troll and nelf priest and Mandui at lvl 80. All of them shadow.
    so if your used to re-rolling... then, gee, idk, maybe re-roll?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'm going to hell, and you're all coming with me.

It's aöways the same. If the priest class is a little bit too good it gets nerfed by a huge amount jsut to keep them queit, while Blizz can refokus on druids to make them OP as it is almost every season now. Feral was already really good last season (if you knew how to play it right). It is true that feral was a big exeption in the druid history, because you had to know your class perfectly. Since start of the season, Healpaldin and Feraldruid is almost invincible, espiacially against almost every priest combination. Even against priest rogue it's really amazing. But since there are at the moment not that much ferals out there in arena it's falling under the radar.

It's different with priests. Priest Rogue is now pretty good, but is shot down because it doesn't fit in the druid dominating rule. So sadly we have to get used to it. Shadow is not even considered a viable Arena spec. It needed a large comm support to actually force the dev's to look into it.

In addition, I think Blizz still has problems to regard the facts. I mean priest fear is probably the weakest cc spell ingame. It's duration is directly linked to income dmg and it's also dangerous to apply the spell, because you can't do it from the distance.

Conclusion: The change is obviously made to encourage Healdruid/Rogue combinations again and kick all sorts of priests a little more out pof arena's. Maybe we can argue, that the dev's don't have any favorite class, but then why are we told different everytime regarding class changes.

Well just enjoy your discipline priest and as long as you have a rogue as a partner you can do fine. Mostly because of the rogue, not because of you

Other combinations work to, but are a waste of time. Other solution, play druid in arena's

I've played shadow since season 1, albeit I am a pretty bad pvper. I've never manage to break some super high rating, nor have I tried. I like playing the shadow spec, so I've been playing it in pve and pvp.

Anyway, shadow got buffed so I decided to finally give it a go in wotlk and I was in for a bad surprise. It takes a long long time to get any sort of damage going. Spells cost a lot of mana and fiend / dispersion aren't as reliable. Nearly every class has a talent that reduces silence / stun duration.

So after a long long time I gave it a go with disc, which I hated trough the whole tbc (played it in pve and pvp). And I must say, it was fun. I haven't reached any high rating, but I wasn't getting pissed off as when I was shadow. I could manaburn. I could live. I could heal my teammate. And I did all that quite fast.

Against some teams I didn't even have to be offensive, as in dying to get that manaburn off. Sadly, shadow isn't appealing at all to me right now, even tho I would love that it becomes the priest pvp spec. But these changes and these spell costs and amount of cc available to other classes.. nah, a 2 minute disarm, a weak fear and 5 sec silence that's not even an interrupt such as cs / spellock - nope, doesn't cut it sadly. This is from PoV of a casual pvper who doesn't aim high - it's just not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGann
    We used to get nerfed because of locks...and by used to, I mean still do.
    What a coinkydink! Funny how these things come full circle eh?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Srsbznss
    so if your used to re-rolling... then, gee, idk, maybe re-roll?
    I tested several races for fun. I also tried druid and warlock but it's just not my thing. And no, I won't respec nor reroll. I enjoy shadow too much.

I tested several races for fun. I also tried druid and warlock but it's just not my thing. And no, I won't respec nor reroll. I enjoy shadow too much.
    then play the cards your delt... b/c well, you enjoy it anyway...

then play the cards your delt... b/c well, you enjoy it anyway...
    In case you haven't noticed, I'm complaining about another class' nerf, not my own. My spec is fine, it's the combination with a rogue that screws it up after the recent nerf. Get me now? :P

In case you haven't noticed, I'm complaining about another class' nerf, not my own. My spec is fine, it's the combination with a rogue that screws it up after the recent nerf. Get me now? :P
    no i dont get you now.... remember you OP?

So, discipline priests got nerfed. And I ask you, why, oh why do shadow priests have to suffer for it?
    "my spec is fine"

have you even looked at your signiture lately?

no i dont get you now.... remember you OP?
    You can't call certain specs OP just because they don't die within 30secs anymore :P

"my spec is fine"

have you even looked at your signiture lately?
    Ye, thanks for reminding me, have to remove that, was from last season ;D

OP is origonal post >.<

I salute you for being able to level more than 1 priest past level 20.
    /Salute

OP is origonal post >.<
    Damn l33t language -.-'