Life-Binder's Locket VS Cosmic Lights

Just how important is the possible extra INT/Crit/SP from Life-Binder's Locket compared to the nice balanced itemization of Cosmic Lights for a Discipline priest?

I'm usually drawn to things that give crit and haste but I hear many people say Life-Binder's is BiS. Would you say the Life-Binder's socket chance of getting more INT/SP (or crit if you needed) makes it a definite choice over Cosmic Lights?

Just want to hear what some people would do when faced with a choice between the 2. Would your current gear play a role in that choice or is 1 a clear cut winner? I guess deep down this discussion is almost about how important haste is for a Discipline priest. Thanks in advance!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Life-Binder's Locket VS Cosmic Lights

I prefer life-binder's. The possible int/sp etc is more useful than the haste for ulduar imo. Longevity seems to be the concept blizzard are pushing for most of the ulduar normal and hard mode fights.

If you lack some haste take the Cosmic Lights, if not take the Life Binder's Locket and stack on it something (intellect is what I did).

Still, the Locket is kinda harder to get than the other one.

If you have any reason to ever believe you'll be playing shadow in a PvE environment, use the turn-in for the spell-hit neck that , and get Cosmic Lights for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    If you lack some haste take the Cosmic Lights, if not take the Life Binder's Locket and stack on it something (intellect is what I did).

Still, the Locket is kinda harder to get than the other one.
    I guess that's part of my question. What would you guys consider "lacking" in the haste department for Discipline? We get 6% from talents so that frees up some gear points for other stats. As a personal rule I try to keep at least 7% haste (230 rating) on my paper doll so that's 13% with the talent.

I got the Locket tonight and I dropped a +9sp +8int gem into it.

I guess when it comes down to it, they are pretty interchangeable? With the Locket having a slight edge maybe?

Also, I always thought haste is more important for Holy than Disc, is that wrong to assume? If so that would make Cosmic Lights my Holy neck since I am Disc/Holy dual spec.

Sorry if I'm rambling

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    If you have any reason to ever believe you'll be playing shadow in a PvE environment, use the turn-in for the spell-hit neck that , and get Cosmic Lights for healing.
    I thought about that for a bit, but no, healing is my passion. I played DPS for about 2.5 years and I have definitely found my calling with priest healing...Disc4life (and sometimes Holy).

15+ Year Old Account

Cosmic lights is that much better since it basicly comes down to "not" needing the mp5 regen from the locket as disc priest.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

im using the life binder's with the potent gem. 9sp 8crit. tbh i have 6 of them gems in my gear, for the badge cost, if you have the life binder, its just not worth the very minor haste upgrade (depending on your gear).

i'd spend the badges on somthing better .. like off spec gear :P and wait for a uld25 neck drop which is probably better.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Cosmic lights is that much better since it basicly comes down to "not" needing the mp5 regen from the locket as disc priest.
    I completely disagree, the hard modes we've attempted so far are very unforgiving, and most of them put pressure on longevity not hasted heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy
    im using the life binder's with the potent gem. 9sp 8crit. tbh i have 6 of them gems in my gear, for the badge cost, if you have the life binder, its just not worth the very minor haste upgrade (depending on your gear).

i'd spend the badges on somthing better .. like off spec gear :P and wait for a uld25 neck drop which is probably better.
    This is about two items that drop from Sapphiron on 25man, not about any emblem loot.

And who the fuck cares about gems? I got 32 spellpower in mine, vuzzah!

Well of course today...the day after I posted this and getting the Locket, I was face to face with the Cosmic Lights in my naxx 25 run!

I ended up passing it because I came to the conclusion that the int/sp/ provided is better than the amount of haste for me where I'm at with my gear atm. I guess that's what it comes down to with these two, what you currently have (or will have too I guess). The ilvl226 is pretty but if you have 10% or under (with talents) haste then Cosmic Lights would probably be a nice place to start to get some.