Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: So, Axe or Mace? (PVP)

Quote Originally Posted by Thewtfman
    Well, we meet a lot of druids/paladins/shaman healers. And often we meet warriors too. Priest/Rogue isnt hard really, more farmable so far :
    You haven't met many good Priest/Rogues then. When you do...they'll shit on you and laugh.

I think Axe and gemmed/chanted with a mix of PvP and ArP PvE gear is the way to go. Oh and Mjolnir Runestone or Grim Toll is pretty much mandatory to have at high end.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa
    This is what people told me

Axe is a slace weapon U will hit a lot
    Mace is more a blunt weapon u will crit more

I am not sure if this is true
    you stole my dk's name.
    the choice is axe unless you can fully stack arp for mace. (all arp gems and a few pve items with arp)

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by tet
    Mace then, with higher armor pen, the stronger the stat becomes... until the cap. Don't worry about expertise because it's hardly used in pvp (since you should be attacking from behind and player characters don't dodge from behind unlike bosses).
    you'll almost never attack from behind against a good player. strafing is often considered from the front, while still allowing you to run in the direction you want

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

i dont know if this is a stupid question, but here goes.

why has nobody even mentioned swords this far? is axe/mace spec that superior to swordspec? or is the swordspec just too random?

I know, the title does say "Axe or Mace", but still, how are swords compared to those two?
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaz89
    i dont know if this is a stupid question, but here goes.

why has nobody even mentioned swords this far? is axe/mace spec that superior to swordspec? or is the swordspec just too random?

I know, the title does say "Axe or Mace", but still, how are swords compared to those two?
    Sword spec is too random and just doesn't yield the same results. I am using a sword right now (Rune Edge, mostly because no matter what way you put it it was a DPS upgrade over my Wraith spear) and while it CAN have some amazing moments normally the cooldown just kills it. However a well placed sword proc in the middle of burst can be deadly.

the truth is the difference between the 3 (yes, sword included) is negliable and situational, even more so in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by highwind01
    the truth is the difference between the 3 (yes, sword included) is negliable and situational, even more so in pvp.
    PvP I can sort of agree with you. PvE on the other hand there is a large difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Accalon
    Be a pro, roll a staff, and dont use any weapon specs