The future of Inscription

How is inscription gonna do in the coming expansions? (i know its far away but...)
    At some point, prolly at the start of inscription 450-525 there will be more glyphs than abilities. All other proffesions can lvl their items up, better googles, better ammo, better leatherhead, better enchants and so on, but us, we get to make 1 glyph for every ability, where 95% of them wont be used.
    Will there come a new tier of glyphs? Like Glyph of Innervate vol. 2?
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Re: The future of Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker
    How is inscription gonna do in the coming expansions? (i know its far away but...)
    At some point, prolly at the start of inscription 450-525 there will be more glyphs than abilities. All other proffesions can lvl their items up, better googles, better ammo, better leatherhead, better enchants and so on, but us, we get to make 1 glyph for every ability, where 95% of them wont be used.
    Will there come a new tier of glyphs? Like Glyph of Innervate vol. 2?
    Even if all you got was new self enchants, it'd be worth more than Engineering.

But you'll probably get some new items to make and new skill changes with glyphs
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Deleted

The OP meant there will probably only be a few new spells so theres nothing much to get if they add another mastery (450-525).

My guess is, if theres another expansion, they would probably add multiple glyphs for the same spells. For example glyph of shadowbolt reduses the mana cost by 10% now, so they might add one that increases it's damage by 5% and so on not to mention half the spells and abilities cant even be glyphed at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    The OP meant there will probably only be a few new spells so theres nothing much to get if they add another mastery (450-525).

My guess is, if theres another expansion, they would probably add multiple glyphs for the same spells. For example glyph of shadowbolt reduses the mana cost by 10% now, so they might add one that increases it's damage by 5% and so on not to mention half the spells and abilities cant even be glyphed at the moment.
    I also imagine that the more glyphs there are, the more the lines will become blurred as to what the "best" and "worst" glyphs are.  Reglyphing within the same spec will become more standard. 

Thus ita's suggestion of multiple glyphs for the same spell becomes even more applicable, as players can use glyphs to "customize" certin key spells in different ways based on encounter or instance.  

In general, the possibilties for glyphs are only limited by the developers' imagination, because really they are just glorified talents that require a consumable rather than talent points.

Quote Originally Posted by Malentra
    In general, the possibilties for glyphs are only limited by the developers' imagination, because really they are just glorified talents that require a consumable rather than talent points.
    Exactly, I can see multiple glyphs for the same spell. From patch to patch, new glyphs are always being added while old ones are reworked.

I can also forsee some glyph abilities being added to talent trees and not stacking with their glyph conterparts.

Some glyphs will also scale too well. SoV is grossly overbudgeted in it's current form.