Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Just a recommendation from someone with tech support history at Symantec:

Norton has a tool called Norton Power Eraser, it's not widely advertised as it's a free tool which has its uses for various troubleshooting and is also a quick way for tech support to run a scan/clean on a customer's system. Works great, just google it. Make sure you run it from symantec's own website.

My yahoo email is sending out spam lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    At work we have a suite of tools we script to run automatically on a machine any time we find a virus:

Microsoft Safety Scanner
    McAfee Stinger
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    TDSS Killer (suspected rootkits only)
    HitmanPro
    Quote Originally Posted by rebjorn79 View Post
    Just a recommendation from someone with tech support history at Symantec:

Norton has a tool called Norton Power Eraser, it's not widely advertised as it's a free tool which has its uses for various troubleshooting and is also a quick way for tech support to run a scan/clean on a customer's system. Works great, just google it. Make sure you run it from symantec's own website.
    Any recommendations besides these?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Any recommendations besides these?
    Malware Removal Guide
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1130MHz/1750MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: 1440p BenQ GW2765HT 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Are you sure it's coming from your machine? It may be someone using your account elsewhere (we get this occasionally with Google Apps customers who get keyloggers).

Easiest way to test. Change your password and block outbound traffic on TCP port 25 using your machine or router firewall.

I'd say prevention is better than the cure. Use a javascript blocker, works great.

Does anyone use spybot these days? Heard its obselete and useless compared to malewarebytes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

I recommend adding CCenhancer with CCleaner it adds 2347 additional programs CCleaner will be able to clean (listed under the application tab)

Download: http://singularlabs.com/software/ccenhancer/
    Instructions:
    Make sure you have the latest CCleaner version installed or atleast CCleaner v3.09 or higher.
    Make sure CCleaner is closed before you start CCenhancer.
    Start CCenhancer click on "Download Latest" after its done it will ask you if you want to open CCleaner.
    When CCleaner starts it will take a while before "Clean Now" becomes available.
    This is due to CCleaner checking if the new entries are actually on your computer.
    The "Applications tab" at CCleaner cleaning window will have alot more programs added which u can enable at your choosing.

Enjoy.

P.S.
    CCenhancer is portable so it might create a file called cc_config.ini at the place where it has been run, it can safely be deleted, its jsut there so CCenhancer knows what date u downloaded the latest "program list" for CCleaner.
    (you can open it, its a text file saying what date u last run CCenhancer)
    Example: "LastUpdate:16-7-2014" in mine right now
    Last edited by Demontjuh; 2014-07-16 at 02:23 AM.

If you really want to get paranoid about keyloggers.... always assume you have one and encrypt how you type your password in. I always type non password items in my password spot and go back over them high lighting them and typing in over the bad spots a few times to encrypt the key log info......if that makes sense....

Very helpful , thank you!

I use AVG free edition. it's the best and it's not aggressive to the system.

What about how to remove USB firmware keylogger? Keylogger that infect everything with USB chip?

how to remove PC Optimizer Pro,
    "We always knew that our rights can only be regained by force and that is why we have chosen the ammunition box instead of the ballot box"
    "الامة التي لا تحسن صناعة الموت لا تحسن صناعة الحياة"

Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    how to remove PC Optimizer Pro,
    Like this:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/pc-optim...ews-19173.html

If that doesn't do it report back here.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1130MHz/1750MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: 1440p BenQ GW2765HT 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014