Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    aren't these programs the same as the ones that are used by Hitman Pro? I remember back when i was in highschool (2002-2008) and we had to run hitman pro every wednesday when we were the last to leave the computer room.

  2. #162

  3. #163
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Comox Valley, BC
    Posts
    4,396
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    aren't these programs the same as the ones that are used by Hitman Pro? I remember back when i was in highschool (2002-2008) and we had to run hitman pro every wednesday when we were the last to leave the computer room.
    Quite possibly. I'm not familiar with Hitman Pro myself but I recognize the name.

  4. #164
    If you go to college, make sure to check the schools IT website. Most colleges have corporate strength computer protection software that you cannot buy/get normally at retail and they will give licenses out for their students/alumni for personal use.

  5. #165
    This is a great guide, bookmarked and thank you for taking the time to do this!

  6. #166
    I'm gonna be 100% honest here, using CCcleaner, Adaware and Spybot are unnecessary and no Computer shop will run them at all. To clean any computer start with Malware Bytes, do a quick scan if nothing is found, download and run combofix. If nothing is still found, it isn't a virus or spyware. Now if Malwarebytes finds something stop it, and run full scan. Once its cleaned it from a full scan, restart and run fullscan again. Once Malwarebytes finds nothing, then run combofix to make sure. These are the only 2 programs you need period to clean a computer.

  7. #167
    Wow, good topic for discussion!! Ok, to get rid of Keyloggers first ensure you have a very Good Internet Security System/Anti-virus, secondly, you can download and run Malwarebyte on daily or weekly basis(ensure to update it first then run the scan),also, if you want to check if you have some fishy file running at the background, you can download and Run - Process Explorer, by Microsoft. The process which seems fishy, just note the file location, then delete the same either by going to that location in safe mode or from command prompt. Hope this helps!!??

    Keep safe...browse safe!!

    Regards,
    Reuben

    ---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 02:04 AM ----------

    WOW, combofix!! Guy's use this very carefully as you might crash your PC or your internet connection can be messed up!! Ensure to first make a restore point then run the scan!!

  8. #168
    MBAM ftw? it's like 89% effective and doesn't go OMNOMNOM GIMME ALL YOUR RESOURCES !!

  9. #169
    First of all usually keyloggers are run undetected thats usually the point of it, so info from your bank passwords etc. can be sent to the hacker. Do not even waste your time do a clean install, once your system has been compromised its too late.

    and keyloggers can not be uninstalled from ADD/REMOVE in Control Panel. A good keylogger runs in stealth and can only be uninstalled by using the correct key sequence which then prompts you for a password to get into the thing. Not to mention the key sequence will be something hard to figure out like "CTRL - SHIFT - SPACE - F" or something crazy like that. Don't bother trying to fingure that out. Just get an antivirus and let that remove it.

  10. #170
    Thanks alot for the help

  11. #171
    My account is still compromised.the entire client shut down. I reopened my client and logged in put in my Authenticator code, when it told me my Login Information was incorrect.
    I believe that somewhere a virus was planted in my WoW game files, and when I am on, they can somehow close my client and when I reopen it, they send all the information directly to the hacker. which is how they can get around my authenticator... They are also able to block me from login on so they are uninterrupted. Ok, I'm at a loss done all of the things you have said and nothing.
    I've gotten responses on one of the forums thats you are directed to go from, from here. They didn't notice anything and told me they aren't sure either. So, I uninstalled WoW and contacted blizz. They told me that deleting the program was a good idea that that's where its probably located. They suggested that it would be ok to reinstall WoW and try playing again. So I did. Problem is I was in the middle of playing today and resetting up and everything.... it happened again. WoW completely shut down I relogged in and incorrect pw or UN. Please help I don't know what else to do. I'm seriously considering giving up WoW because of this because it is so frustrating and I have been playing since Vanilla!

  12. #172
    Thanks alot mate

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Faydar View Post
    My account is still compromised.the entire client shut down. I reopened my client and logged in put in my Authenticator code, when it told me my Login Information was incorrect.
    I believe that somewhere a virus was planted in my WoW game files, and when I am on, they can somehow close my client and when I reopen it, they send all the information directly to the hacker. which is how they can get around my authenticator... They are also able to block me from login on so they are uninterrupted. Ok, I'm at a loss done all of the things you have said and nothing.
    I've gotten responses on one of the forums thats you are directed to go from, from here. They didn't notice anything and told me they aren't sure either. So, I uninstalled WoW and contacted blizz. They told me that deleting the program was a good idea that that's where its probably located. They suggested that it would be ok to reinstall WoW and try playing again. So I did. Problem is I was in the middle of playing today and resetting up and everything.... it happened again. WoW completely shut down I relogged in and incorrect pw or UN. Please help I don't know what else to do. I'm seriously considering giving up WoW because of this because it is so frustrating and I have been playing since Vanilla!
    There's malware around that does Man-in-the-middle attacks, like you describe. However it is very rare that they occur, but it is possible. I suggest going to one of the Malware Support Forums ( http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/ ) and include a hijackthis + Combofix log.
    Hijackthis link is in the OP, Combofix here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

    DO NOT try to fix this yourself with Combofix + Hijackthis. Both give general diagnostic information as well, so trying to fix stuff yourself there may destroy your entire PC to the point where reinstallation is the only solution..
    Kami - Guild Wars 2 Elementalist - Desolation EU
    <Obey Gaming> - https://obeygaming.com/

  14. #174
    Helped! Thanks alot!

  15. #175
    Thanks for this helpful guide.

  16. #176

  17. #177
    Really useful guide. Thanks.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Magekid View Post
    There's malware around that does Man-in-the-middle attacks, like you describe. However it is very rare that they occur, but it is possible. I suggest going to one of the Malware Support Forums and include a hijackthis + Combofix log.
    Hijackthis link is in the OP,

    DO NOT try to fix this yourself with Combofix + Hijackthis. Both give general diagnostic information as well, so trying to fix stuff yourself there may destroy your entire PC to the point where reinstallation is the only solution..
    Sorry for such a late response but I have already done that and I got a response saying that he couldn't tell me what it was because everything looks fine. I was told to reinstall and try it and I have been hacked again 3 times. Ugh, so frustrating!!!!

  19. #179
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    29
    I play on a Mac, I was reading that it is possible for the Mac to get keylogged.... do these programs work for mac or do I need to look into something different?

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by qsubt05 View Post
    I have better advice

    1. format c:, format d:, ... format z:
    2. instal fresh OS
    3. instal antivir & firewall
    4. stop visit p0rn & warez websites
    5. dont be idiot, dont click on everything from your mailbox (use brain)
    6. ;D
    This is how its done

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •