Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    You're right! Avast has a great engine, but it is free and has limited features. Always use a premium security software instead of free software

How to uninstall Ad-aware AV? I tried to uninstall via CCleaner in the remove apps tab, but now the icon just disappeared while the program is still installed. Can't uninstall it via CCleaner or the windows control panel, and I can't find an uninstall.exe. It doesn't even let me delete the folder. How do you remove this completely?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    How do you remove this completely?
    Revo Uninstaller.

Yeah Revo should do it and I've used ad aware before I just uninstalled it from the program it's self.

First of I tend to use software, that is more or less official. I.e. not that "everything optimizers", that contain malware by themselves. All programs, I use - are suggested on Kaspersky's official forums. Second - software must be free. Not because I'm so poor - but because I should be able to use it on any computer.
    1) First you need to remove viruses, cuz they can hide other malware on your computer. I tried CureIt and KVRT. KVRT is better - it founds crap, CureIt can't find.
    2) Second - you need to remove adware. Antiviruses tend to ignore it. I personally use MBAM and AdwCleaner for this purpose (I'm not sure, but I guess, both programs are almost the same now, cuz both are owned by Malwarebytes).
    3) Third - you need to remove junk software. I use JRT for this purpose.
    4) You need to make sure, nothing left on your computer and nothing is broken. I use AVZ and Hijackthis for this pupose.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-03-14 at 11:23 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fizz View Post
    Revo Uninstaller.
    Definitely the best way to completely uninstall software.

Deleted
    Thanks for sharing this.

Nothing shady about this program. This is not a virus. If you want to prevent your kids, employees or partners from misusing technology without having to shell out a lot of money, keylogger for mac https://www.elitekeyloggers.com/elite-keylogger-mac is a great tool for you. It has pretty much every feature to keep you informed about the online behavior of your targets.
    Last edited by duke dumont; 2017-07-21 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dumont View Post
    Nothing shady about this program.
    Which one. Seen multiple posts in this thread about software I probably wouldn't let touch my system.

If I want to clean my PC from Viruses then I'm using Antivirus. Antivirus is the best solution to clean and protect your system from Viruses.

The only way to 100% insure that a drive doesn't have a virus, key logger, etc. Is to wipe the drive, zero it, and restore from a backup or image.

It is produced by Cisco, it is free and provides equal level AV and AM to the Corporate product Amp 4 Endpoints. They caught and stopped Wannacry and other recent locker malware before it had a proper virus definition. http://www.immunet.com/index

Great information, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The only way to 100% insure that a drive doesn't have a virus, key logger, etc. Is to wipe the drive, zero it, and restore from a backup or image.
    It could have a virus in the firmware.

Of course, nobody is pushing for open source firmware and drivers because nobody actually cares.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    It could have a virus in the firmware.

Of course, nobody is pushing for open source firmware and drivers because nobody actually cares.
    True that but was the drive in question no>?

I usually click on the removal tool on my computer

Quote Originally Posted by Famerasp View Post
    I usually click on the removal tool on my computer
    You'll find that some programs either won't be listed there, or may install malware during their install - Mcafee and Norton are notorious for doing this. Ccleaner will take care of that. If for some reason it can't, use Revo Uninstaller as another poster mentioned.

All that's needed is to get a good antivirus, for example - kapersky, avast and so on. Combine that with malwarebytes and/or windows defender and throw in AdBlockPlus & NoScript for your chosen browser. From there the only way to get malware / viruses is to do so intentionally by visiting unsafe / shady websites.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    First of I tend to use software, that is more or less official. I.e. not that "everything optimizers", that contain malware by themselves. All programs, I use - are suggested on Kaspersky's official forums. Second - software must be free. Not because I'm so poor - but because I should be able to use it on any computer.
    This isn't entirely true, as you may have noticed decent antivirus / anti malware programs have premium versions. While you can run free versions, a good amount of premium options are inexpensive when it comes to personal data (banking info and such) it would be a good idea to spend the extra few dollars per year and not risk any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    1) First you need to remove viruses, cuz they can hide other malware on your computer. I tried CureIt and KVRT. KVRT is better - it founds crap, CureIt can't find.
    This can be avoided by maintaining backups of your system and/or reinstalling the OS once every few months. Kvrt and CureIT aren't needed if a decent antivirus is utilized along with ADP, Noscript, MBAM and MBAR.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Hi, use CCleaner. It points out any malicious codes injected in your browsers.

Deleted
    Symantec endpoint protection.
    Makes sure you never get infected from the start

Quote Originally Posted by Danial German View Post
    Hi, use CCleaner. It points out any malicious codes injected in your browsers.
    I would advise against this. Too many users get a tool like CCleaner and use all of the options it comes with without entirely understanding what they are doing, which can result in more harm than good. If your after security for browsers run things like Adblock Plus, NoScript and so on.

As I mentioned before, if you choose to do things like online banking, get a good antivirus which has a premium feature. Do not purchase, install or rely on mcafee or norton, they are trash filled with bloatware. To be even more secure get malwarebytes, and avoid sketchy websites.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite