Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Death knights need balancing

Aww... Zatopk removed his post in which he made a complete idiot of himself by telling dark to read first, then post. Irony at it's finest.

/sad panda

I'm playing rogue boomkin in 2v2 and we got no chance nuking a DK while we CC his healer
    This reasoning for nerfing DK's simply fails

I didn't want to post something without any "proofed" nubers:
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/tps/all/7/0/3

Have a look at the TPS from Ignis for example. With a multiplier of roughly 200% that would make roughly 3.1k dps for the BEST DK!

So.... DK tank dmg out put aside. The op wants to nerf DK survivability because he 2v2's and tries to kill the DK while CC'ing the healer =-/

Now i'm no 2k rated arena participant (more like i averaged 1500 in all the previous seasons), but that doesn't sound like a game winning strat to me.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Okay, I'll be more specific.

There are circumstances where DKs will generate the best threat. These circumstances are:

-Fast hitting boss (high Rune Strike yield)
    -Consistently large magic damage (high RP yield)
    -AOE

What you'll see by looking at a crosssection of most of those bosses is that prot paladins and feral druids consistently pull the best TPS (Mimiron, Deconstructor, Ignis, Kologarn, IC, Auriaya, Thorim, General).

But this discussion isn't even about tanking-- it's about PVP. And nerfing Frost Presence for PVP is just stupid, as discussed above.

What you're probably experiencing is Unbreakable Armor, which reduces damage by a flat amount and is nearly always used in Frost Presence (for increased mitigation). Rogues will not be able to penetrate it for its duration.

I'm at 2100 and see very, very few other DKs anymore.

As long as we will be able to kill someone in PvP, we will be considered OP.

if you say so...

But you did realise that the title says "Player Ranking - TPS - All Classes - All Region - Heroic Mode(25)"

You can tell me you pull 3-4.5k dps. I can tell you that I'm Jesus and can walk over water...

Huh? I'm definitely not saying I pull that much DPS. I probably average 2.5k DPS as Unholy. Blood and, under the right cirumstances, Frost can pull up to 3k.

It's some other tard who's saying that 3k+ is pretty common for DK tanks across the board.

I was refering to dakhdoun

Quote Originally Posted by Lyktestolpe
    This reasoning for nerfing DK's simply fails
    No its the ONLY reason, BUT compared to ALL other classes NO ONE survives as good as the DK.

and if u are playing DK and dont agree that u got A LOT of defensive CD's that make u survive REALLY easy you are just dumb

Ok...since the very beginning of PVP in WoW...back when camping the flight path at South shore was the name of the game to pick up HKs and the *OMG BLUE* pvp gear...all the way through the initiation and failure of battle grounds to today's time...there is one very definite trend ---

Rogues are top of the PVP food chain...(everyone remember the Roguecraft videos?) save season 5 rogues ate nearly every class alive...and until season 5 rogues were gigantically over populated.

So...

Let us learn, complaining about a class being over powered or over populated is a moot argument. Nobody cares. Just do what everyone else is doing...re-roll the fotm class and ride the wave, and quit bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by latmask
    No its the ONLY reason, BUT compared to ALL other classes NO ONE survives as good as the DK.

and if u are playing DK and dont agree that u got A LOT of defensive CD's that make u survive REALLY easy you are just dumb
    PVP is not about tanking. My original argument is that you need to look at the holistic picture of a class. I PVP as Unholy. I wear full Deadly with one piece Hateful and all Furious offset. I'm still very, very, very killable. I might be slightly less killable than a Warrior (And much MORE killable than a bear in feral), but my damage is also way lower. And that's why DKs aren't really seen above 2200.

Quote Originally Posted by latmask
    Hello (yes this is a whining post)

But honestly DK's survivability is just a joke atm. The benefits from frost presence is just too OP when they are able to use every single attack they got (and thats thier tanking "stance") O_o

I'm playing rogue boomkin in 2v2 and we got no chance nuking a DK while we CC his healer (very often a pala/druid). Even his dmg is greater than ours combined and then he is stunned/dismantled most of the game.This kind of crap has to stop, nerf frost presence badly or this game is going down the toilet.
    Seriously?! you cant faceroll dks with your eyes closed and they need to be nerfed again?! I think rogues having 2 stuns on short cd and blind is op imo. expose armor, poisons, dismantle, slowing poison makes dks very kiteable...you will actaully have to work for that gladiator title now(lol@me for saying that i know) but rogue/priest, druid/warrior wont just unskill their way to the top this time...oh wait.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by dakhdoun
    [...]Doing 3-4.5k steady and capping out around 6k is Naxx 10 numbers. Bad tank.
    Aren't you saying that you did (with Naxx 10 equip) around 3k dps? (Since my english isn't my native language)

Which would mean you should do around 3.5k+ regularly with your gear, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    PVP is not about tanking. My original argument is that you need to look at the holistic picture of a class. I PVP as Unholy. I wear full Deadly with one piece Hateful and all Furious offset. I'm still very, very, very killable. I might be slightly less killable than a Warrior (And much MORE killable than a bear in feral), but my damage is also way lower. And that's why DKs aren't really seen above 2200.
    Im guessing you have played DK since wotlk came and that is since December wich is around 4-5 months. its amazing how so many can get so good after just playing it for such a short time. reroll another class that u havent played before and see what rating u are able to get honey!

Deleted

DK's have gotten the nerf they deserve what concerns DMG... Blizzard just need to remove some of their's CC abilites, since they extremly many... And why the fcuk does a melee have silence? What the fcuk is that?

No nono.

Those numbers are THREAT PER SECOND. Read the rest of the context .

Simply reading the rest of my posts that state my DPS is between 2-3k in Uld/BiS 213 gear should've proven beyond a reasonable doubt that I was OBVIOUSLY not talking about DPS in that post.

3-4.5k TPS steady and up to 6k is THREAT NUMBERS (Not DPS) for a Naxx 10 tank. The point is, we should all be holding 5k minimum TPS in Ulduar, and spiking past 7-8k regularly.

Edit - Ok, I apologize. If I knew english wasn't your native language I would've clarified my points better and made it more clear. But, again, I was referring to TPS, not DPS, just in that post.
    I divided your numbers by 2 to get to an estimation of dps... But if you mean by spikes the tps with you CDs active, I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    Seriously?! you cant faceroll dks with your eyes closed and they need to be nerfed again?! I think rogues having 2 stuns on short cd and blind is op imo. expose armor, poisons, dismantle, slowing poison makes dks very kiteable...you will actaully have to work for that gladiator title now(lol@me for saying that i know) but rogue/priest, druid/warrior wont just unskill their way to the top this time...oh wait.
    are you on crack?

OMG That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. DK tank DPS is ASTRONOMICAL, you are a ****ing fool. 3k over a raid boss fight is not uncommon at ALL.
    bullshit. show me some non gimmic non aoe trash wws. druid tank dps is higher than dk's atm. so much mis information here.

and to the OP, if a dk is doing more dmg than you in frost presence, the problem isn't the dk. its you.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer
    DK's have gotten the nerf they deserve what concerns DMG... Blizzard just need to remove some of their's CC abilites, since they extremly many... And why the fcuk does a melee have silence? What the fcuk is that?
    Yeah, why do warriors have Shield Bash and Pummel... And rogues with Kick. Oh wait, wasn't I supposed to mention those cause you wanted to bitch about DK's?
    And exactly what many CC abilities are you talking about?
    First rule of online gaming: never take a uterus for granted.
    Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total ****wad