Arfeniel

NEW: Totem of Statis Trap

Well, I don't have shaman myself, but i like them as my side-kick in arena, allthough we still need to improve lots of things.

The only negative point about shamans is their lack of CC, they don't have things like entangle or cyclone or fear. That''s why I think something like stasis trap would be lovely.

Let's say... Totem of Stasis Trap, which you will all remember from the old WC3 days. You can see when the shaman casts the totem, but it goes invisible after 2 sec, so it can be shot down,. It's only a 5 yard range to proc it.

It can be detected by hunters with flare, so it can be shot down from distance.

If you come close to it (5 yards) it will blow off and aoe stunn everything within 15 yards range, for 3 sec. (that's not alot, if you compare with charge or seed of corruption)

This way shamans can get away when they are struck on their position behind pilars or boxes. I realy think this will boost the gameplay with a lot of fun. And good and pro players will have the answers to counter it. Like watching CD come off with addons, you have 2sec to kill it before it turns in stealth. Hunters can still kill it with flare. AND offcourse you don't need to go close. After 15 sec the totem dissappears.

Let me know what you think, just discuss.

Re: NEW: Totem of Statis Trap

I think it'd be difficult to make a compelling argument that resto shamans need a CC tool. I'm not saying they're overpowered at the moment, but they're quite effective all ready. Do you really think they need that?

edit: misread your post, but never the less, my point stands.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Arfeniel

Well, as i can see. Shamans can have it realy diifficult to get away from warriors and rogues. Especially when they have MS on themselves, it would be a nice tool to get away once in a while. Only thing they can rely on is their partner. I'm not saying shamans are underpowered.

But the totem would be hell a lot of fun.
    For example in AB when you defend the flag, a hidden totem is their. 5 people rush in and zerg. All get stunned for 3sec. It will not do a lot, but maybe some reinforcements are on their way. Just thinking about the fun it would be.

It will not be overpowered, 3sec is not long, compared with 6sec hexx. They would only CC someone up to 9 seconds. That's not a lot.

Shamans already have it.

It's called http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=16544

And yeah shaman needs some help, but i'd prefer some protective ability. We lack an oh shit button for arenas something which every class needs to be balanced. Just look at the classes that have one and look at where they are. The only reason resto is good in arena is because healers are good anyhow, it doesn't matter the class.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

I play a resto shaman in arenas and despite the fact that it's a bit frustrating that other healers have instant CCs on shorter CDs or CCs with the same cast but with no CD and despite the fact that your idea seems in fact fun, the truth is that resto shamans are OK in arenas right now, and giving that to them might be a litle over the top, like priests seem ATM :P, might be a good idea for the other specs but there's the problem, an ability that seems good for some specs and too good for others.

PS: don't get me wrong... i would love to get instant hex or spammable hex or on a shorter CD since (comparing to healers) priests have fear on a shorter CD and it's an instant, paladins have 2 CCs also instant on short CDs, one of each allows you to take damage without even moving and druids who don't have instant CCs have at least 2 very usefull CCs which are spammable... so from that prespective it really seems that shamans need some love :P

Well we allready have roots on improved Earthbind totem,we freeze dudes now and of course as it was said we got improved fire nova. If u want to have a max of CC in arenas/bg u can play a hybrid ele/enha spec. Worked for me in all of the bgs I played(for the record I dont play arenas for a while now, but i can say the hybrid spec works at least for me in skirmishes) found the spec on some forums but its a little rough and still working to improve it,but as i said the lack of time keeps me away from PvP... u can try a 24/47/0-more on enha or a 44/27/0 if u want to go on ele more.Have fun and if u find some way to improve it reply it here to see how it turned out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfeniel
    Well, I don't have shaman myself, but i like them as my side-kick in arena, allthough we still need to improve lots of things.

The only negative point about shamans is their lack of CC, they don't have things like entangle or cyclone or fear. That''s why I think something like stasis trap would be lovely.

Let's say... Totem of Stasis Trap, which you will all remember from the old WC3 days. You can see when the shaman casts the totem, but it goes invisible after 2 sec, so it can be shot down,. It's only a 5 yard range to proc it.

If you come close to it (5 yards) it will blow off and aoe stunn everything within 15 yards range, for 3 sec. (that's not alot, if you compare with charge or seed of corruption)

This way shamans can get away when they are struck on their position behind pilars or boxes. I realy think this will boost the gameplay with a lot of fun. And good and pro players will have the answers to counter it. Like watching CD come off with addons, you have 2sec to kill it before it turns in stealth. Hunters can still kill it with flare. AND offcourse you don't need to go close. After 15 sec the totem dissappears.

shammies are in a good shape atm (resto)
    the only thing they need is totem stomping macros to seize to exist

nothing else

We dont have a community manager sleeping with the lead developer to get us OP spells like druids got a ways back.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklebox
    We dont have a community manager sleeping with the lead developer to get us OP spells like druids got a ways back.
    gossip :O
    as for OPs idea- I love it, was playing orcs in WC3, and don't really like the fire nova totem all that much.

Arfeniel

Quote Originally Posted by epestrepsa

shammies are in a good shape atm (resto)
    the only thing they need is totem stomping macros to seize to exist

nothing else
    Yeah i know, shamans are fine, i don't feel they need buffs. But I only made this sugestion because it would be a hell of a fun to use, and totally not Overpowered. What's a 3 sec stunn on a totem cooldown, and it doesn't even needs to be triggered. But you could surprise some peepz and get away, and totem stomping not a problem because totem gets invisible after 2 sec.

I kinda think it's weird that the spell didn't make the game yet

The only thing I would like with the shaman class is a cc that isn't a nature spell, or allow instant ghostwolf to remove snares similar to druids.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh

And yeah shaman needs some help, but i'd prefer some protective ability.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45778

meh, personally i like the idea, it does sound like a lot of fun. But i also think that totems should follow us around, would be a bit more beneficial imo, anyone play dota and use the juggernaut, he has a totem that follows him around, so it would be something like that.

Shamans are hybrid classes, they can heal. Pure classes can't heal, they get CC. That's primarily how the game works. Rogues have CC, Mages have CC, Hunters have CC, Warlocks have CC, Shamans have heals, Paladins have heals, Priests have heals, DKs have self heals, Druids have heals, and Warriors have stacking defense. Of course I'm not saying every class does NOT have 1 CC ability. I'm simply stating that classes that -cannot- heal have a much more focused CC list. I could get more into it but I'm not going to explain the obvious.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneDude
    Shamans are hybrid classes, they can heal. Pure classes can't heal, they get CC. That's primarily how the game works. Rogues have CC, Mages have CC, Hunters have CC, Warlocks have CC, Shamans have heals, Paladins have heals, Priests have heals, DKs have self heals, Druids have heals, and Warriors have stacking defense. Of course I'm not saying every class does NOT have 1 CC ability. I'm simply stating that classes that -cannot- heal have a much more focused CC list. I could get more into it but I'm not going to explain the obvious.
    Ehh, isn't Repentence the longest lasting PVE CC in game? I may be wrong but....

The only negative point about shamans is their lack of CC, they don't have things like entangle or cyclone or fear.
    I was thinking that maybe they could have a spell like Hex... you know like, a polymorph that doesn't break on damage instantly.

Oh wait, is that in the game now?

But with polymorph, mages still have other spells they can cast. With shamans, if we get cs'd etc, we can only twiddle our thumbs.

@ThatoneDude, druids can heal, and they also have a lot of CC. A stun, cyclone, and roots. Now look at shamans. A POS slow totem, frost shock, and hex. Grats?

Blizzard can't balance this game, so I honestly don't see why you compare classes to others, and also say that hybrids shouldn't have ccs, when there are already hybrids with better CC than ours.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Good idea. I've made post while ago here http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=48698.0

its pretty much same concept you are trying bring.
    our totems are so easily killed, nothing protects them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Miseration
    Ehh, isn't Repentence the longest lasting PVE CC in game? I may be wrong but....
    It lasts 1 minute in PVE, the same length as Polymorph.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.