Mimiron hard mode.
    OH MY GOD, THE FIRE.
    Hardest encounter in game.

Discuss.

Re: Hard Mode? More like Muru Mode

One Word Version: Algalon
    Four Word Version: Algalon, the Raid Destroyer
    Six Word Version: Heroic: He Feeds On Your Tears

Mmiron is not the hardest encounter, but he gets a second or maybe third place (if we count 0 keeper, since Yogg has only been killed with 1 Keeper)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote from Kungen on Mimiron:

"Awesome job everyone!!! This is the best and most well tuned boss ever. We didn't have more then 2 people in a single class beside priests. Due to Shadow and Holy priests both being awesome and very different specs. "

I'd say that makes it the hardest beatable fight ever- i.e. it's harder than C'thun after he was fixed, or Vashj after she was fixed, or M'uru full stop. Only Ensidia have seen Algalon 25 man so far, so nobody's in a position to speculate at the moment- he could be tuned to just be impossible until your entire raid is kitted out in Hard Mode gear, or he could just be massively overtuned and impossible full stop. We'll find out once Ensidia start talkin'... (which will no doubt be after they kill him)

So eh, Mimiron is C'Thun after he was fixed, Algalon is C'Thun before said fix? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Hard modes were not meant for all people. If you want to see Ulduar, that's fine, go through it without the hard modes. If you are looking for a challenge then that's what the hard modes are for. After reading about what guilds like Ensidia are saying about these fights I think that for the most part, the fights are tuned well. If you want to go through on hard mode, but are unable to win at this point, then get some better gear, practice a couple more weeks, work hard with your guild and enjoy the victory when you win. We should all be excited about the concept that these fights are tough.

Mimiron's hard mode doesn't deserve to be called a hard mode. It's something more than a hard mode.

Muru was not hard. You split your DPS into three groups, two for adds and then another for sentinels/spawns, you assign a tank to each side to pick up the adds, you assign a tank to pick up the sentinels, and you assign a tank to pick up the spawns.

The only 'hard' part is killing everything fast enough that your phase transition is smooth. Really, Muru is basically a tank and spank with big numbers. Your DPS stands still and does DPS. Your tanks stand still and tank. Your healers stand still and heal. The only gimmick is the black hole in the middle, which nobody has to care about other than a Priest who's mass dispelling.

Phase 2 is just a DPS race while moving out of (slowly spawning) void zones with a Priest or Shaman spamming Dispel or Purge. Nothing hard.

Mimiron normal mode is slightly tricky. Nobody went in and one shot it.
    Mimiron hard mode is like Mimiron normal mode. Except there's an enrage timer. And remember Doomfire from Archimonde? The area has 3-9 of them all up at once; basically 4/5 of the whole room can be covered with fire at any given moment. And it's not just 'Better not touch it too much or I'll die' fire. It's 10k / second fire.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Mimiron's hard mode doesn't deserve to be called a hard mode. It's something more than a hard mode.

Muru was not hard. You split your DPS into three groups, two for adds and then another for sentinels/spawns, you assign a tank to each side to pick up the adds, you assign a tank to pick up the sentinels, and you assign a tank to pick up the spawns.

The only 'hard' part is killing everything fast enough that your phase transition is smooth. Really, Muru is basically a tank and spank with big numbers. Your DPS stands still and does DPS. Your tanks stand still and tank. Your healers stand still and heal. The only gimmick is the black hole in the middle, which nobody has to care about other than a Priest who's mass dispelling.

Phase 2 is just a DPS race while moving out of (slowly spawning) void zones with a Priest or Shaman spamming Dispel or Purge. Nothing hard.

Mimiron normal mode is slightly tricky. Nobody went in and one shot it.
    Mimiron hard mode is like Mimiron normal mode. Except there's an enrage timer. And remember Doomfire from Archimonde? The area has 3-9 of them all up at once; basically 4/5 of the whole room can be covered with fire at any given moment. And it's not just 'Better not touch it too much or I'll die' fire. It's 10k / second fire.
    you started playing after 3.0? since what I remember Muru was hardest encounter in the wow history atleast at that time, and if we use your own arguments mimiron hardmode is easy since just dont stay in fire.....

Muru needed TONS of raidhealing and DPS, ppl were forced to do more than they could do before NERFS!

Good, people were crying and whining about everything being too easy, now that there's an additional hard mode that's a bit (haha) over tuned people are twisting their hair into pony tails and running scared. Yes, there are bosses that are exceedingly hard. Yes it's still nowhere near perfectly tuned, but hey, you people asked for something hard when you got to Northrend, and Blizzard delivered it while making the easier modes more accessible for people not as "1337" as those bitching. Ok, maybe this is a bit over simplified but you get what I'm trying to say. You got your "Sunwell" for Wrath that you've been wanting since launch in Ulduar.

harder? M'uru pre-pre-nerf
    shit made me pull most of my hair out

I don't think Mimiron hard mode has killed any guilds yet.

didn't you ask for this?

If he's so hard, doesn't that just make you look forward to it even more?

Quote Originally Posted by Grading
    If he's so hard, doesn't that just make you look forward to it even more?

hard does not always mean fun, granted it has been reported that it's one of the best fights in the instance...but there IS a point where something that is too hard ceases to be fun.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bartikowski
    I don't think Mimiron hard mode has killed any guilds yet.
    Give it time

I have yet to hear any serious QQ about Ulduar literally killing off guilds who had good/punctual players. The comparison between stepping from Black Temple to Sunwell Plateau from Naxxramas/Sarth/EoE to Ulduar pales in comparison. There were a lot of guilds who easy mode full cleared Black Temple on a weekly basis. When Sunwell came out, those same guilds waltzed into Sunwell and wiped for weeks, even months, on Kalecgos. For those guilds that did make it past him, they still had to kill the cockblock known as Brutallus. Brutallus literally made people quit the game because he was so difficult to pull off. ~1 month for Felmyst and Eredar Twins each.

Pre-nerf M'uru killed off guilds who laughed at "noobs" who quit because of Brutallus.

To say that anything in Ulduar (except possibly Algalon since we don't have a lot of details) is on par with pre-nerf M'uru is false. Like I said in my first sentence, haven't seen too much crying that a boss is too hard to the point where people stop having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxes
    I have yet to hear any serious QQ about Ulduar literally killing off guilds who had good/punctual players. The comparison between stepping from Black Temple to Sunwell Plateau from Naxxramas/Sarth/EoE to Ulduar pales in comparison. There were a lot of guilds who easy mode full cleared Black Temple on a weekly basis. When Sunwell came out, those same guilds waltzed into Sunwell and wiped for weeks, even months, on Kalecgos. For those guilds that did make it past him, they still had to kill the cockblock known as Brutallus. Brutallus literally made people quit the game because he was so difficult to pull off. ~1 month for Felmyst and Eredar Twins each.

Pre-nerf M'uru killed off guilds who laughed at "noobs" who quit because of Brutallus.

To say that anything in Ulduar (except possibly Algalon since we don't have a lot of details) is on par with pre-nerf M'uru is false. Like I said in my first sentence, haven't seen too much crying that a boss is too hard to the point where people stop having fun.
    I love how you make it sound like that is a level of difficulty Blizzard would want to aspire to recreate. Why the hell would they want paying customers to... stop paying? The optionality of the hard modes makes QQing about hard mode difficultly really stupid (I'm talking about you, OP). If you can't hack it, don't do it. Get more gear and try again next week.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

I bet there wont be any guild killer bosses anymore or in future parts of wotlk, since there will be always easy mode too, and those sunwell bosses which killed guilds was simply just becouse ppl wanted to see rest of that instance and since their guild failed on some point and couldnt continue their progress, ppl left for better guilds.

ofc some guilds might collapse since they want to be HC guild which kills bosses on harmode and when they fail on some boss for couple weeks but in the end blizzard have greatly made PvE content to all ppl which want to see it..

I think the problem here is that our 1st taste of "Hard Mode" was move out of void zones, 3 North walls GG.

Now, the Hard Modes require a lot more coordination and aren't as approachable by "normal" guilds. I'm not sure about you guys, but right before 3.1 I saw 1000 scrubs walking around sporting their Twilight Vanquisher title like they had achieved something great.

I'm not in an elite guild, but I find the hard modes to be more akin to 3D 10man in that they're very difficult and they require a spot of luck where the gear is lacking.

So far, I don't have a problem with them being "overtuned."

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessAngel333
    I think the problem here is that our 1st taste of "Hard Mode" was move out of void zones, 3 North walls GG.

Now, the Hard Modes require a lot more coordination and aren't as approachable by "normal" guilds. I'm not sure about you guys, but right before 3.1 I saw 1000 scrubs walking around sporting their Twilight Vanquisher title like they had achieved something great.

I'm not in an elite guild, but I find the hard modes to be more akin to 3D 10man in that they're very difficult and they require a spot of luck where the gear is lacking.

So far, I don't have a problem with them being "overtuned."
    Casual guilds are now fucked up with HC hardmodes since they are made for ppl with 232iLvL gear and there isnt any guides or movies out yet, so ppl need to figure strats by themself or by asking in forums, many guilds killed 25man sart3d since there were good movies/guides out but still that fight needed lot of coordinate like those fights in ulduar, when ppl gets better gear and guides, things will change.

ofc some of them might have easy strats but needs 110% working from everyone in the raid, like Hodir 2min kill but we will see..

Now that they've fixed the invisible mines, I rather like the fight. You really need to be on your toes (especially as melee).