A question about 0/41/30

Hi all,

Been lurking and reading all the posts by you guys and appreciate all the work and insight that has gone into this forums. however, i would like to ask, with regards to the 0/41/30 spec, considering that Felguard uses up mana quickly, why not a point into Mana Feed and out of Master Summoner? since played properly, your pet should not die during fights?

would appreciate any input regarding this.

with regards,
    Nummo

Re: A question about 0/41/30

if you turn of the agro talent from his petbar he shout never go oom with replenishment

If you're still leveling, use the point in Mana Feed. Master Summoner if you really feel like it. Respec when you hit 80, though, as your Felguard should no longer need Anguish. He's just a dps amplifier when you hit level cap. If you leave Anguish on, it'll probably pull threat from the tank and piss off the raid. =P
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

If you are not raiding...even with anguish off...It is easy for the fg to oom, particularly when you are pulling lots of mobs continously. If you raid has replenishent great...if it does not..your fg will oom. I personally put one point in mana feed. Now my fg does not ever oom, since life tap refills him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    If you are not raiding...even with anguish off...It is easy for the fg to oom, particularly when you are pulling lots of mobs continously. If you raid has replenishent great...if it does not..your fg will oom. I personally put one point in mana feed. Now my fg does not ever oom, since life tap refills him anyway.
    Really? That's odd. Without Anguish, I can't seem to get my Felguard to go OOM no matter how hard I try... Seems like the point could be better used elsewhere. Why not opt for higher dps over less downtime? If you can't have both, shouldn't you go for higher dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Jona
    Really? That's odd. Without Anguish, I can't seem to get my Felguard to go OOM no matter how hard I try... Seems like the point could be better used elsewhere. Why not opt for higher dps over less downtime? If you can't have both, shouldn't you go for higher dps?
    The problem is..you cant really stick the point that you put into mana feed any where else to truly "increase your dps" and get the fg with 41/30. Easiest way to get FG to go oom..do Hodir rep dailies and pull 2 to 3 mobs at same time and keep pulling. He will go oom pretty quick..as he uses intercept. Once he goes oom, his mana regen is so low it takes awhile for him to regenerate and thus is out of mana for some time, if you keep pulling mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    The problem is..you cant really stick the point that you put into mana feed any where else to truly "increase your dps" and get the fg with 41/30. Easiest way to get FG to go oom..do Hodir rep dailies and pull 2 to 3 mobs at same time and keep pulling. He will go oom pretty quick..as he uses intercept. Once he goes oom, his mana regen is so low it takes awhile for him to regenerate and thus is out of mana for some time, if you keep pulling mobs.
    I don't think I read the first sentence of your previous post when you said "if you are not raiding." My bad. XD