Page 1 of 2
LastLast

keep getting hit and expertise from Ulduar gear

Hey, I'm doing some ulduar these days, and it completely messes up my stats.. like im waaay over the exp cap and also abit over the hit cap, the large amount of exp is mostly because of the talent Strength of Arms, i could leave it away but the 4% str is worth the 2 points i think, so looking at my armory, what could i change for enchants/gems/gear/spec?
    from the new items i got so far from ulduar, all of them have alot of hit, even tho i was capped before that already.

here's my armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27gall&n=Turek

thanks

Re: keep getting hit and expertise from Ulduar gear

Hard to tell you what to change really. Other than replacing more of your gear with stuff without hit/exp, you can put the 32 AP enchant on your boots.
    When gearing up in a new tier of raids, your stats are bound to be messed up for a while until you got most drops from the new zone.

ulduar has to many hit gear

Quote Originally Posted by Strijder
    ulduar has to many hit gear
    ye i know so how to fix it?=)

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

go TG then, lots of hit is really good for fury warriors since dualwielding has a higher hit-cap then using just one two-handed weapon.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

go TG then, lots of hit is really good for fury warriors since dualwielding has a higher hit-cap then using just one two-handed weapon.
    No. Lots of hit is not really good for fury warriors. To cap our specials we only need 164 hit. You need 263 hit to cap for arms.

Quote Originally Posted by deathbomb
    No. Lots of hit is not really good for fury warriors. To cap our specials we only need 164 hit. You need 263 hit to cap for arms.
    You still need a good amount of hit beyond the 163. Those OH misses add up as a HUGE dps loss as well you may become rage starved. Before I switched to arms, I had 363 hit rating which I felt like I could have lowered a little... but I wouldnt want it any under 300 as TG.

Has anyone else noticed the lack of Crit and Expertise on our gear lately? After taking a close look at Uld gear and picking and choosing which pieces to spend my dkp on, I noticed that I'll have very little crit and Exp. It seems they removed quite a bit of it from our plate. Am I crazy or is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by raymoney64
    Has anyone else noticed the lack of Crit and Expertise on our gear lately? After taking a close look at Uld gear and picking and choosing which pieces to spend my dkp on, I noticed that I'll have very little crit and Exp. It seems they removed quite a bit of it from our plate. Am I crazy or is anyone else seeing the same thing?
    HUGE hit to crit. Expertise is still very easy to cap on... but I will lose like 3.5 crit% I think I figured out once I have all the Uld gear I want.

You still need a good amount of hit beyond the 163. Those OH misses add up as a HUGE dps loss as well you may become rage starved. Before I switched to arms, I had 363 hit rating which I felt like I could have lowered a little... but I wouldnt want it any under 300 as TG
    I didnt say stop at 164, i just said that was to cap our specials. 300 hit is probably still too much hit. Look at the top guilds, no fury warriors run with that much..why? Because they dont have to, they know that str and crit gives ample rage for their rotations. Also, a white crit can never, EVER equal a miss. Even though Ulduar gear is lacking in crit, you should be able to have enough of it to have for your rotations. Re,member, there are tons of Arp on Ulduar gear...Arp is good now, so good that you should be finding gear with it while gemming for str.

As far as arms goes, crit isnt as important as it used to be because of Imp Overpower + Taste for Blood. Now im not saying that crit isnt important...just not as needed as much as it used to be. And of course, the 10% Arp you get from from Battle Stance will allow you to do more dmg per swing giving you more rage per swing.

So, warriors...stop worrying.

but i got 315 hit now, with only 3 ulduar items so far, so i fear its gonna be more and more at the cost of crit/str..

I noticed this on the warrior premade on PTR. Had like 360 hit as arms, was pretty bad.

Deleted

i dont mind the hit gear.. just to be combined with something good.. crit for example... ehm.. Specially for fury.
    With nerfed TG and all this rage and dmg loss the only reasonable way to fix fury dps is to cover up with high lvl ulduar epics with hit/crit/high STR on them. (lots of dps plate got rly nice amount of str with lowered stamina on them.. wich is imba with the new berserker stance talent)I alrdy got 2-3 items and gained pure 500 ap more than my naxx 25 gear, and havnt replaced one ring and back with strenght ones yet .. (still low low dps compared to arms)
    Problem is that many of those items are only from hard modes (both 10 and 25) and i guess will stick as arms for a while.

I feel you man, not only is all the Ulduar gear covered in these stats but all the WEAPONS are too. I'm hoping to grab a Worldcarver in the near future but that thing has even more Exp than my stupid Jawbone!

As for gear you can replace:
    1. Try to get the boots from EOE
    2. There are lots of great rings to choose from in Uld10 and 25 that come from easy bosses
    3. Ignis 25 has a new belt for you
    4. Razor 25 has a nice cape

I didn't calculate how much you'll bring down your Hit and Exp with those items but they brought me down to the cap when I was too high.

Also, a white crit can never, EVER equal a miss.
    Not true at all.

If your combat table is:
    100% crit
    0% hit
    100% miss

you will always miss, it will show up in combat log as "you miss" not "you miss (crit)"

Now if your combat table was like:
    50% crit
    50% hit
    50% miss

you'd get on average 50% miss, 25% crit, 25% hit on auto attacks.

Crit is capped by your hit chance.

50% crit
    10% miss
    90% hit

you get 10% miss, 45% crit, 45% hit.

100% crit
    0% miss
    100% hit

you get 0% miss, 100% crit, 0% hit.

+hit removes a miss and adds a hit
    +crit removes a hit and adds a crit.

You can easily test this on loatheb. Get 505 crit raid buffed, use dual wield. Why dual wield? cause you are most likely soft hit capped, meaning using a 2 hander will give you no misses. The goal is to get 100% crit rate with loatheb buff, while having less than 100% hit rate.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Craz
    100% crit
    0% miss
    100% hit

you get 0% miss, 100% crit, 0% hit.

+crit removes a hit and adds a crit.

You can easily test this on loatheb. Get 505 crit raid buffed, use dual wield. Why dual wield? cause you are most likely soft hit capped, meaning using a 2 hander will give you no misses. The goal is to get 100% crit rate with loatheb buff, while having less than 100% hit rate.
    This is not true, you can NOT get 100% crits on a boss, Glancing blows push your crit off the attack table, even with 105% crit on lotheb you will still see glancing blows. You cannot remove glancing blows.

Special attacks are a different story, but you will never have 100% of hits be crits.

I'll agree that it'll be a bit trickier to maximize a gear set with the lack of crit and the abundance of other stats. I think I have my own set pretty much figured out. Remember that you're going to lose a ton of hit upgrading a few key pieces like gloves and bracers, and losing Grim Toll possibly, those together add up to about 200 hit rating lost on higher ilvl gear with emphasizing on crit/ArP/AP.

Personally after picking up about 4-5 pieces myself in 10 and 25 man Ulduar last week, I can't use any of it...cause it puts me so far above the hit cap, so I'm not wearing any of it. Now...its all enchanted/gemmed up ready for me and I'll essentially be seeing 2 upgrades every time I replace a hit piece gear. I saw this coming when raiding before Ulduar, all these pieces that give MASSIVE amounts of expertise/hit will be tough to immediately replace, becuase all similar items in Ulduar have completely different stats...so upgradiing is a challenge.

ex. Gloves in Naxx - Crude discolored battlegrips have ~70 hit on them. Now, for an arms warrior is tough to beat Bladebreaker gaunts...they're just a wet dream (tons of Str/Crit/and OMG the ArP). But, you can't just lose 70 hit and not make it up somewhere. But, I picked up a Stormedge and a nice neckpiece I've been dying to try which both have a TON of hit on them. When I pick up the last 2-3 badges this coming week to buy Bladebreaker...I'll also replace either my Cryptfiends (debatable upgrade to Stormedge...very minor if it is) or my Fool's Trial (stupid Dragon queen neck piece, my guild /rolls the quest item and my dice suck). Most likely I'll be replacing the Fool's Trial.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

I will say again...a white crit can never EVER = a miss.

Crit is capped by your hit chance
    Wrong. Crit has nothing to do with your hit. It is on a completly different table.

This is right.

+crit removes a hit and adds a crit
    This is wrong. +crit is unaffected by +hit and vice versea. White crits can never miss. Now if we are talking about yellow crits then yes, it is affected my hit.

Special attacks are a different story, but you will never have 100% of hits be crits.
    Yes, special attacks are a different story, but hits arent crits, crits are crits.

I will say again...a white crit can never EVER = a miss.

Wrong. Crit has nothing to do with your hit. It is on a completly different table.

This is right.

This is wrong. +crit is unaffected by +hit and vice versea. White crits can never miss. Now if we are talking about yellow crits then yes, it is affected my hit.

Yes, special attacks are a different story, but hits arent crits, crits are crits.
    Sorry but you are wrong.

How can you say +crit doesn't replace a hit with a crit?

Let's say you have 100% hit, and 0% crit rate. Then you get a buff with +5% crit. You now have 5% crit and 95% hit rate. Hence you lost 5% hit and gained 5% crit. Very simple to understand.

And yes crits can and do miss all the time. When you see an attack that miss, it may have been a crit. It was confirmed by blizzard 3 years ago.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....14551513&sid=1

quote from blizzard link "The way WoW calculates crit rate is over ALL attacks. Crit rate is not based on hits only. In other words, if you have a 5% crit rate, that 5% chance includes misses. "

Don't post if you don't know how stuff works.

Quote Originally Posted by Eka
    This is not true, you can NOT get 100% crits on a boss, Glancing blows push your crit off the attack table, even with 105% crit on lotheb you will still see glancing blows. You cannot remove glancing blows.

I'm saying as long as you have enough crit rating to crit on every swing AND low enough hit rating to not hit on every swing. You can still miss.

Glancing blows has nothing to do with this, not a clue why you even mention it. Because this applies to any mob, not just raiding bosses where you get glancing.