Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Resto shaman's place

Thorim is a definite Shaman dominated healing fight
    http://wowwebstats.com/ffasjf2nlei5a?s=728435-802433

Bunch of other Ulduar fights. Shaman does not rank #1 at every boss, but I pull my weight. ON Freya I died before phase 2 and still out healed the raid.
    http://wowwebstats.com/v5aj3vvun6ody

My point was more of PoH now healing a target's group, and running with 4 priests, there's no way to compete with raid healing on a fight like Ignis or Council (, and the fact that their CoH glyphed hits 6 targets w/no dr's on the heal where ours continues it's dr every jump. The mechanics changing for PoH + the total healing buff to CoH makes them extremely strong raid healers whether or not they are stacking the haste buff from talents or not. Throw in a PoM every CD and they are just incredibly strong.

It's all about who's playing 100% up to their optimal abilities, and from my experience, an optimally played priest can outheal and optimally played shaman.

*not true on every encounter as per my previous post*

Just using Stormkisses wws parses as an example because Storm's the only one that posted one, the priest from your wws parses(Scubacuda) used CoH nearly flawlessly on bosses vs CD, however a total of 65 PoM's is not even close to optimal. If a shaman can use all his tools available, they are incredibly strong, and Storm's wws parses show that, but what happens when u can't use a HS Totem? that would take out 1.6 million healing and place the priest ahead. I have to note this personally because we only play with 1 raiding pally, which means all I get is kings. Having only one real resto shaman means that that totem is reserved for MS Totem.

Again, we have our place, we can still heal well, we're better in PvP now, you just have to play harder to compete, and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as they have to play just as hard. I'm just not so sure that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Peladin
    Here is a question for all you resto shamans.

I myself am a resto shaman and I feel I'm a pretty good one I generaly top the meters in 25 mans over other shamans with better gear.

It's stupid easy to do 25 man heals, I rape, never run out of mana, and I'm always casting.

But somehow, I'm bad at 10 mans... I do the same thing except replace my CH with LHW in amount used, but I go oom, I'm at the bottom of the meters, I have no idea if its somthing I'm doing wrong or if thats just the way it is.

I generaly run with a Paladin and a Priest/Druid if that helps at all.
    If you only have one set of healing gear, and it's just for 25 man raid healing, then you're not going to be very effective in 10 mans, where you're using mainly riptide and lhw.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Broken has a good point, your gear needs to change with the encounters, be it 10 or 25 man.

Hell mine changes from fight to fight, on ones like Hodir and Ignis where's everyone has some decent clumping its alot of chain heals so its the haste/mp5 gear.

On fights like XT or Thorim (I'm the gauntlet healer) its lots of crit for RT/LHW/HW.

Now Mimiron gets the best of both worlds, since phase 1 is very spread out its lots of LHW/RT to heal up the napalmed, but phase 2 has lots of close target AoE damage so its lots of chain heal, for this fight I use a balanced set. Its also the fight I get to the "absorption" healer in phase 3, Grounding Totem is the shit for phase 3 and 4's Plasma Balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

My place in an Ulduar raid is at the top of the healing meter! Last raid I did over 9 million in heals and the next person under me was a druid at 8 million, then a priest at 7 million and the priest topped the overheal chart as well. As was stated earlier, its not just about chain heals either. You have to use All your tallents, I love natures swiftness for that big instant heal when a tank is dropping fast. I Love healing and Ive been good at it for years! Now being offspec elemental helps in pvp and questing dailies, But I wouldnt give up my resto raid spot for Any other class! :P

I think HST is a good thing to drop if you have a paladin giving out Wisdom or another shaman dropping MST.

Here is a link to to show how well it works.
    *The top one listed is mine, the other is the Elemental Shaman's totem.

World of Logs

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DV
    My point was more of PoH now healing a target's group, and running with 4 priests, there's no way to compete with raid healing on a fight like Ignis or Council (, and the fact that their CoH glyphed hits 6 targets w/no dr's on the heal where ours continues it's dr every jump. The mechanics changing for PoH + the total healing buff to CoH makes them extremely strong raid healers whether or not they are stacking the haste buff from talents or not. Throw in a PoM every CD and they are just incredibly strong.

It's all about who's playing 100% up to their optimal abilities, and from my experience, an optimally played priest can outheal and optimally played shaman.

*not true on every encounter as per my previous post*

Just using Stormkisses wws parses as an example because Storm's the only one that posted one, the priest from your wws parses(Scubacuda) used CoH nearly flawlessly on bosses vs CD, however a total of 65 PoM's is not even close to optimal. If a shaman can use all his tools available, they are incredibly strong, and Storm's wws parses show that, but what happens when u can't use a HS Totem? that would take out 1.6 million healing and place the priest ahead. I have to note this personally because we only play with 1 raiding pally, which means all I get is kings. Having only one real resto shaman means that that totem is reserved for MS Totem.

Again, we have our place, we can still heal well, we're better in PvP now, you just have to play harder to compete, and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as they have to play just as hard. I'm just not so sure that's the case.
    I can see your point. But i still disagree with that.

CoH had increase in BASE healing, it was 40% so quite much, but still its around 300 per one cast. It's almost same as it was before.

PoM is too random to have it 'perfectly used'. You cant control jumps, you can only control which target gets
    initial jump, and when to cast, but with 7 sec CD deciding when it has to cast, isnt that much of a challenge.

PoH is quite differnet story. Yes you can have 4 priests raid healign with PoH, and its viable strategy. But, this wont change that every PoH will go to different priest, and that is STILL is 3 sec cast time spell, unless you spam FL before. CH might be slower when PoH gets max cast time reduction, but it's generaly way faster spell. And final drawback is being party bound. Makes it usefull at Tantrum, and Heat Wave, and maybe on few other very rare moments.

Before 3.1 went live i was afraid new PoH, but after seeing it in action i have to say its GREAT addition to priests aresnal, and its very good thing for them to get it. It's not spammable, but i allows them to cover whenever it's needed. I'd still pick resto shaman for raid healing every day, honestly But one to help him on a duty, is definitely a priest

Also, when you compare glyphs (CoH and CH) it looks liek CH sucks, but you most not forgot that CH is spammable (you can cast 3x CH for 1 CoH), and that last jump can proc ElW. Nevertheless i'd love CH glyph to do sth, maybe add a jump w/o dimishing returns. Maybe lower dimnishing returns... (although i do like 4th jump :P)

What i do agree with you is that optimaly played priest (who is lucky with PoM ;p) can outheal optimaly played shaman on SOME ENCOUNTERS, or some phase of some encounters

As for wisdom vs MST. I usually run with 1 pala and 2 shamans. Im resto of course, other is ele. Ele always drops MST and i go for HST. Getting additional 20 mp5 isnt worth all the healing from HST. Unless healers starts to go oom, and they dont in ulduar So im always running with HST, and HST is always at least 10% of my healing done. I love this totem