(disc) pve healing unbreakable will vs twin disc

i am wondering if twin disciplines is really worth the points over less time being feared/silenced/stunned being able to heal the raid/party vs a little bigger heal on my bubble with the glyph and i dont really use renew much anyway. I may only be 62 atm, but im looking toward the future.

Re: (disc) pve healing unbreakable will vs twin disc

Twin Disc definately for PvE.

Are you serious?

Twin Disc. Full Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by paxilpwns
    i am wondering if twin disciplines is really worth the points over less time being feared/silenced/stunned being able to heal the raid/party vs a little bigger heal on my bubble with the glyph and i dont really use renew much anyway. I may only be 62 atm, but im looking toward the future.
    So, where in PvE are you stunned, silenced and feared that this talent would be much better worth it than +5% on your instant cast spells. Note that PoM / CoH / Renew and PW:S are all instant cast spells, along with surge of light.

Note: I know you're playing disc, but extra 5% on your two spells (pom, shield) is better than being 0.5 sec less feared. I don't even know if that talent works for pve, seeing that many things are broken in wow.

unlike in past expansions, blizz has thus far only put in fears/stuns/silences that either only affect people doing something patently wrong OR are intended as part of the encounter (and therefore shouldn't be an issue) OR are too short to even be worth the talent.

PvE isn't a CC battle, there are much fewer random AoE fears (ala Nightbane) if any at all (can only think of one)

The only time this could be usefull are two fights hUP with the AoE stun (if that is even considered a stun) and Ulduar - Auriaya. However blizz balanced both instances by having A: boss not attacking tank and B: little if any raid damage.

I've done both and only have people dying during either when they're doing something wrong.

Wait, there's also Maexna's stun, or web wrap. If it considered a stun that is. It lasts 6s and can be easily healed through unless you thoroughly undergear the instance (lol). At 6s you'd get out less than 2s early and I HIGHLY doubt you can decrease it's duration as you can't bubble out of it

as an aside, you should be using renew as disc, not as a primary heal or anything. but if you are talented right for healing in heroics/raids, you'll have imp renew and it will heal for a good chunk every tick. Keep it on the MT and use it to heal party members who aren't tanking stray mobs and it will save alot of time/mana

I'm sure unbreakable will would be better for that one encounter where fears/stuns/silences are applicable but for the other 99.99% of encounters it's completely useless.

On that basis i'd be speccing for twin disciplines and if you ever reach an encounter where fear/stun/silence becomes such a massive issue you would go respec. I'd wager that issue would never be so massive as to warrant it though.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm not entirely sure, but channeled spells usually count as instants for talents and some such, so penance might also get the 5% healing/damage from twin disciplines.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    I'm not entirely sure, but channeled spells usually count as instants for talents and some such, so penance might also get the 5% healing/damage from twin disciplines.
    Used to, not anymore.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Girryn
    Used to, not anymore.
    Well at least shield + hasted penance + hasted flashheal still works right? :P
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Girryn
    Used to, not anymore.
    Once upon a time, in like Vanilla, they did. Then they changed it. And then they made Twin Disciplines so people actually cared. And added Mind Flay to the list of effected spells. And then responded to people begging that Penance be added to it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Once upon a time, in like Vanilla, they did. Then they changed it. And then they made Twin Disciplines so people actually cared. And added Mind Flay to the list of effected spells. And then responded to people begging that Penance be added to it.
    So it'd be like, working, now? :P

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    So it'd be like, working, now? :P
    Yarr.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by rellex
    as an aside, you should be using renew as disc, not as a primary heal or anything. but if you are talented right for healing in heroics/raids, you'll have imp renew and it will heal for a good chunk every tick. Keep it on the MT and use it to heal party members who aren't tanking stray mobs and it will save alot of time/mana
    Totally wrong. Disc should avoid Renew like the plague. Mana efficiency for renew as a Disc priest is poor when compared to Flash Heal. Flash heal will deliver MORE healing per mana in the same casting time (1 GCD) without having to worry about the target dying in between. It can crit leading to inspiration mitigation, will stack Grace, and can create a Divine Aegis. Flash Heal is also much better because you don't have to worry about it becoming overhealing once someone else heals your target.

Even if you're trying to use it as filler you're STILL better off using a FH instead of a Renew. Look at the talent tree for Disc. You see all that crit and "blah blah Flash Heal blah blah" buffing? It's there for a reason. Leave renew to the Holy priests.

And if you ever see a Holy priest using PW:S slap them.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks
    Totally wrong. Disc should avoid Renew like the plague. Mana efficiency for renew as a Disc priest is poor when compared to Flash Heal. Flash heal will deliver MORE healing per mana in the same casting time (1 GCD) without having to worry about the target dying in between. It can crit leading to inspiration mitigation, will stack Grace, and can create a Divine Aegis. Flash Heal is also much better because you don't have to worry about it becoming overhealing once someone else heals your target.

Even if you're trying to use it as filler you're STILL better off using a FH instead of a Renew. Look at the talent tree for Disc. You see all that crit and "blah blah Flash Heal blah blah" buffing? It's there for a reason. Leave renew to the Holy priests.

Saying EVER using renew as disc is bad is the same as saying EVER using SW as Shadow is bad.
    Both is wrong.

Take Hodir for example. you have to be constantly on the move, and after 1, max 2 stationary casts you have to move for ~2 seconds again. Perfect time to cast a Renew/SW.

Or in the words of teh intarwebz: situational spell is situational. :P

Edit: Also, holy priests shields with body & soul is awesome for movement heavy fights.

I'm sorry but to the OP why did you make this thread? surely you can read the talents and know the difference right? please tell me this is so. ???

Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks

99% correct. Flash heal is better in every situation because of every reason you already stated. It's more efficient, more healing, and it's all up front, not to mention chance to proc DA (especially on targets below 50%). On the other hand, for Holy priests, at least 1 point into empowered renew will unlock the potential for it to crit which increases Holy Concentration up time to ~40% (math on that is on the EJ 3.1 priest healing compendium thread). Renew is the new bread and butter for Holy replacing GHeal pretty much (depends on your raid role but if you're tank healing you should most likely go Disc) since you're main role as Holy usually should be raid healing with CoH and PoH, tossing out Binding Heals and Renews in between raid damage attacks.

Here's where you are 1% wrong. Holy priests very well could cast a PW:S sometimes, especially if they aren't running with a Disc priest. It's rare but emergencies happen. If CoH is on CD or there's only 1 hurt person in immediate danger of death, shield is the way to go no matter what spec you are. Many Ulduar priests are picking up Body and Soul for the run speed since almost all of the encounters have some sort of boss ability that needs someone to run away from something or someone/everyone (Tantrum, Light Bomb, Gravity Bomb, Shadow Crash, Kologarn's eye beams, etc.). Dropping a Body and Soul on the affected people can save many people from taking more damage saving heals/mana for you and others. This isn't a bandwagon I have jumped on yet but it has been gaining momentum with a bunch of guilds recently in Ulduar. This is all off point though.

TWIN DISCIPLINES ALL THE WAY. There is absolutely NO need for Unbreakable Will.

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by rellex
    ...if you are talented right for healing in heroics/raids, you'll have imp renew...
    If you are Discipline and talented right you won't have Imp Renew, you'll be specced like this --> Discpline Build
    Divine Fury can be dropped if you don't quest or do dailies and picking up Spell Warding is actually pretty decent mitigation in Ulduar. Zizzfizz was right, avoid renew as Discipline.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Twin disciplines. Hands down.
    I've been feared twice in PVE since Wotlk came out. One was on King Dred. The other was a Vezax trash pull. Neither is a problem.
    Stuns should not happen to you in PVE.
    No boss yet does silence.

As a result, twin disciplines wins.

Accordig to http://quickarmory.com/stats/ 88% of all priests have twin disciplines.
    Counting healing priests only (anyone specced for inspiration), 96% go twin disciplines.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    Many Ulduar priests are picking up Body and Soul for the run speed
    Not to mention to remove the drain mana poison from themselves in Yogg fight

Quote Originally Posted by Locodice
    Not to mention to remove the drain mana poison from themselves in Yogg fight
    Ah, I myself have not fought Yogg yet and I'm not familiar with his abilities fully so thanks for that, that's a great point!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

to darkdestiny i am the op and i did read the tooltip, but still wanted to ask the question on actuall lvl 80 priests. I am not 80 yet and i like to do my homework on things i do not know about.