holy paladin: haste rating PVe and PVp

Helleu there!.. first of all, i have searched on the FAQ etc, but it isnt there..

--> Why is haste rating not important to holy paladins? <--

I am really wondering why! I am lvl 77 atm, and having a small bit of haste rating, and ofc the buff from talent when i judge the enemy.

My Flash of Light is about 1.1, 1.2 second cast, im loving it.. my general cooldown on abilities are also faster.. So i am really wondering why haste is not good for paladins.

I do understand that stats like haste will lessen the amount of crit on an item, and crit is very important too for a paladin.

Also, is this just in PVE, or is haste also a bad thing in PVP (faster heals is more healing in shorter time, and less chance on interrupt ?)

please enlighting me.. i;m about to hit 80 and I reallly want to know this!
    thread: Smoke Grenade? I mean srsly?
    I'd also like a flashbang and then it would be just like Counter Strike.

Re: holy paladin: haste rating PVe and PVp

With my naxx25 gear (nothing special, i213 stuff only) i got 400 haste, with Light´s Grace, JotP, haste-totem ect my Holy Light is 1.2 secs. When you can put out 17k healing-crits that heal 5 people around it for 1,7k in abit more then a second i feel like thats enough and rather stack int so i can do it longer.

It´s not that haste is bad, its just that int is better since you gain mana, more healing and even more mana AND healing from crits.

So:

int = more mana, more crit and more sp.
    haste= abit faster heals

yeh int is better :>

Edit: As for pvp. Im playing 32/0/39, and my holy lights are slow as shit, but without tons of sp i wont be able to keep people up with fol. So if i could afford the haste it would be imba.

Haste isn't a bad thing, its only been bad for Ret

Ideally it should be fairly low priority though, behind Crit and Int, above SP once you're past the 1.9-2k mark if you're Holy Light spec, for Flash specs its almost worthless past 1.0 cast with Judgements of the Pure and 5%+3% raid haste buffs

For PvP its very helpful but in a similar priority, which given the itemization of PvP gear, you won't get Haste
    Ideally for PvE gear you want to aim with things that have Crit and Haste, as MP5 and Spirit suck
    Its not that its bad, its that its mid way down the priority scale

thnx a lot for this!

eventhough i hope more people shed their (holy) light on this, i get the idea whats going on

great to see forums like these help me out from time to time
    thread: Smoke Grenade? I mean srsly?
    I'd also like a flashbang and then it would be just like Counter Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeries
    With my naxx25 gear (nothing special, i213 stuff only) i got 400 haste, with Light´s Grace, JotP, haste-totem ect my Holy Light is 1.2 secs.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Ideally it should be fairly low priority though, behind Crit and Int, above SP once you're past the 1.9-2k mark if you're Holy Light spec
    Just wanted to say:

I love you

;D

I'm gona speak on behalf of pve as i dont arena much to talk abt pve

I found haste rating to be....somewhat.....not very useful. If you dig thru EJ's forums, I remember seeing something like : if you get yer haste up to the point where HL becomes < 1.8secs (w/out any speed buffs and shit), u will lose so much crit rating and mana pool that it just becomes not worth it at all. For extreme burst damage, this will do but seeing how Ulduar becomes a bit of a challenge in mana management and longevity, it becomes kinda useless to stack haste.

I would like to point out also, that if ur playing from Asia / Oz (like me >.<) having a latency of 300ms-500ms, any haste effect seemed negated lol

I dont how haste performs on sub 100ms latency but I dont think it that good either.

cheers

In summary, get intellect and crit instead of haste where you can, but whene you can't avoid it just let it be.

Quote Originally Posted by DTJ
    Just wanted to say:

I love you
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kampret
    I found haste rating to be....somewhat.....not very useful. If you dig thru EJ's forums, I remember seeing something like : if you get yer haste up to the point where HL becomes < 1.8secs (w/out any speed buffs and shit), u will lose so much crit rating and mana pool that it just becomes not worth it at all. For extreme burst damage, this will do but seeing how Ulduar becomes a bit of a challenge in mana management and longevity, it becomes kinda useless to stack haste.
    Haste isn't really a desired stat as such, we would just rather have it than mp5, stacking it in gem form is pointless, specially if you already have good gear with >400 haste, but its still better than mp5 in pretty much every situation
    Personally my HL is 1.75 with only Light's Grace, which is 2.19 without and 1.4 with full buffs, and I never have HPS problems other than enraged bosses or something equally not healable through

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Prio:

Ofc Intellect is your primary attribute followed by your secondary stats.

Secondary stats:

Crit
    SP
    Haste
    MP5

That's pretty much the order. Crit will always rule over MP5, MP5 sucks! The crime is that so much Ulduar gear is littered with the stuff and takes over crit items and haste items etc... many contain mp5 and haste, try and avoid the majority of these items, even the emblem vendor will have them, if you are waiting to get an item, the belt for 28 conqueror is probably the best bet, the rest will reduce your crit by adding in mp5 and haste.

So, imo, rule of thumb: Crit first, followed by SP and then haste and MP5. You will only need roughly 300 haste (about 9% iirc) and that's probably enough due to your talents and other haste+ buffs, if you are HLing alot (which you SHOULD be in raids), after you cast your first HL you are already .5 down in cast time, add that to your current haste and all the buffs and you'll be down to about 1.2-1.3 which is ENOUGH, when you reach this point just keep focused on Crit and SP rly.

Oh and as mentioned Intellect is your main primary attribute, GET it and LOTS of it! Int will give SP, mana and crit % all in one, further more intellect is boosted in talents and SP is gained from 20% of your Int. So INT will always be your big maker Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by apokteino
    lmao
    What funny about that? Its not like i gemed for it or anything, or even want it and the cost of other stats. 433 haste and its from the gear.