Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Wish i could actually get into a hardcore guild...

I'm in a pretty bittersweet situation at the moment.

I played back in vanilla (which is totally unrelevant to the post) but got overwhelmed with all the new stuff that came with TBC. I fell behind and eventually lost interest at about level 67. I started playing WoW right before the WotLK release because I always liked the Arthas lore, and because an old time friend and I talked about WoW one day which re-ignited something in me.

So I joined his guild which is the top raiding guild on the alliance side of the Skullcrusher server. I joined as a non raider and have remained as such, although one of the core members have been throwing an alt raid every weekend. After I got tired of us never going beyond Sarth 2D and never doing any Naxx achievements for the proto-drake meta, I started getting restless. It's understandable, considering half the raid were alts. Why waste time wipe-progressing with strangers so THEY can get the achievement on their mains must be my guild's point of view. Sadly I'm affected by that as well, but hey, what can you do.

So I applied to join the raiding team, thinking I was up for it. They had three hunters sharing two spots on rotation (I'm a hunter) so there was no room for me. That was four months ago or something, and I'm still waiting for a spot to open up so I can get a trial. However, this is killing me. They are progressing in Ulduar and I am forced to pug it. The raiders keep to themselves and do shit together, and us non raiders are sorta just sitting there, getting no attention. My RL friend (partially the reason I started playing, and the only person I know on the server) is in the guild though, and I got to know some of the people there. Admittedly, the guild name next to my name comes with benefits like never having to beg my place into a PuG. I ay not be the best, but I'm good enough that when people bring me because of the guild name they are normally not disappointed when they see me in action, even though the guild name is sorta misleading in my case. So anyway, for sentimental reasons I just don't wanna leave. But at the moment, I'm not playing the game the way I should to maximize my satisfaction from it, which also makes little sense when you think about it. I'm in the process of making a decision, but if the world was a better place and I didn't have to have this problem, man would things have been sweet.

I'm probably gonna jump ships over the next couple of months if nothing happens. You now know that, and can't un-know it. Yw.

Quote Originally Posted by dakhdoun
    Where you on Kargath, by any chance?

I ask because the server situation sounds very similar to Kargath in Vanilla, with that top Horde guild being Paradosi. I was with them for a good half year or so. Just curious.
    Dosi is still an excellent guild... but this wasn't Kargath. I had to move to carebearville to follow rl friends. Overall, it was worth it to move. I was on Crushridge at the time. I don't remember who the top horde guild was (they were by far the best on the server) but alliance side was Contingency, Ewiges Licht (or something), Lock Down, Eminent all around the time AQ40 went live until Naxx. The second best horde guild was pretty far down the list too, but that top one had a ton of talent. They just sucked the air out of the room in terms of horde-side progression raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

IDK about you guys, but i'm thinkin "Tankserious 2.0"
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.

Shinori, I almost feel bad for you, but then again, hey, you brought this on yourself. You're a joke, most the difficult kills you 'lead raids to' were done with alts of hardcore raiders in the raid, they carried you. I remember hearing you crying about not getting your t6 shoulders after you had just gotten into ominous latin name, maybe been in there a week and you expected to get the loot over other members. When you applied to Exalted, I just laughed, and denied you because I know what kind of person you are. Can you guess who I iz, I doubt it. Part of me wonders what your RL is like, must be kind of sad, living with mommy?

Quote Originally Posted by PocketSaturos
    IDK about you guys, but i'm thinkin "Tankserious 2.0"
    tankserious could at least spell... im kind of thinking swiftkicks 2.0 if anyone knows who that is

This is a quality thread. You offered us a lot to think about. Your speach was stirring, and will probably be remembered as one of the best ever given. In years to come, students at university studying English will shun speeches by Churchill and Martin Luther King, and instead will be brought to tears by Shinori. You are a credit to these forums. Keep up the good work.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too awesome), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

The first person to notice that he lied was smart and original you guys are jsut hopping the band wagon getting angry about nothing to do with you/ what you have never originally discovered.

The most I ever remember this guy doing is bear runs back when ZA had them.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.

Deleted

Don't wish for hardcore, its just plain stupid.

I was hardcore back in Vanilla and TBC. Did most of Sunwell pre-hp-nerf, counting out M'uru and KJ.
    Then with Wotlk, everything was cleared fast.. Okay, what to do now? I saw friends consisting of guilds managing to clear Naxx, in decent time, having a good amount of fun. While I was doing what? Achivements!

Needless to say I left the hardcore business, and now I strive to clear Ulduar in a steady speed, with people I enjoy playing with.

Just to give my spanking to the OP:
    This is WoW. WoW is a game. Lieing in a game to seem "better than the many." is like blind-dating saying you look like Orlando Bloom. You fail at life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinori
    Yes i have applied to a few but most are recruiting prot warriors. Wish i could find one that had an open raid spot for a skilled protection warrior =/
    errr.. what?

In any event, this is probably one of the best posts i've read in a while... for laughs that is.

<3 this thread.

I haz popcorn. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Eclipsicolossamegatonational? There. I've captured the essence of your penis in one, perfect, 28-letter word.

15+ Year Old Account

I too wish I could actually get into a better guild. But the guilds I'd join are full and I've had bad experiences with the others. *raises glass* Here's hoping I can transfer before the summer rush and I can get the damn offhand from Patchwerk. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Shinori
    okay yah i didnt kill muru pre-nerf should have. had the skill for it but people were dumb.

This speaks volumes about the OP. Blame everyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Why do people lie about this stuff when it's so easy to Armory up the truth now?

You didn't get the achievements for MH or BT until weeks after the 10/14 achievement release date.
    My own achievements are missing several things I did before the 3.0 patch.

Granted mostly leveling instances (ZF, ST, BRD, even Deadmines - none of them showed when 3.0 hit), but both my druid and paladin did a little Kara (I'm mostly a casual, so we're just talking up to the Opera event), something which neither shows.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperwinder
    Nope. Unfortunately, this is the Shinori of Whisperwind.
    Background: This is a 17-year-old kid that had a pretty successful PUG group towards the end of BC. He couldn't find his niche in any guild, as you can see by his character guild history. http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/66404857. I count 14 or so guilds.
    Etc, etc, etc...

Wow. Talk about owned.