Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Prot Paladin Glyphs

Quote Originally Posted by Paandora
    I'm going with:
    Glyph of divinea Plea - Well it's kinda obvious why i got that one, 3% Reduced dmg while active, and as tankadin you should have it active all time.

Glyph of Judgement: 10& more dmg - more threat, and you will use the spell judgement quite oftet if you got, the libram: Libram of Obstruction (15 Emblems of heroism). Very nice libram btw, imo i think every Protection pala should get that pre-raiding, havn't checked on the ones droped from raid, cause i just start doing that.
    Anyhow the libram's does that the spell judgement increases your shield block by 352 for 5 sec.

And finally i got
    Glyph of Consecration: Increases the duration and cooldown by 2 sec. imo it's worth it.
    The libram of obs is the second best libram; because the vezax one is bugged atm afaik (stays on even if HS is used up), it's better in all situations. The consecration glyph breaks your rotation; replace it with SoV and then look up the 969 rotation to understand why consec glyph sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco cracona
    The libram of obs is the second best libram; because the vezax one is bugged atm afaik (stays on even if HS is used up), it's better in all situations. The consecration glyph breaks your rotation; replace it with SoV and then look up the 969 rotation to understand why consec glyph sucks.
    Thanks man, that was a nice rotation, and i will get the SoC as fast as i can!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyneside
    If you can't spare 20% threat, you're not pushing enough threat.

If you're using SoR for bosses (Javier) then you're doing it wrong and that would explain a bit.
    I actually don't see nothing wrong in using SoR for bosses. Can you keep yourself first in aggro in patchwerk (25 man) just with auto attacks (+SoR) and holy shield? And even using 2 times salvation on yourself?. That tells me SoR is good (for me).

I'm not telling SoR is good for everybody. Neither that is best or worse than SoV. I'm just telling that the way I use it, and as long I don't loose aggro, it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by javierkaiser
    I actually don't see nothing wrong in using SoR for bosses. Can you keep yourself first in aggro in patchwerk (25 man) just with auto attacks (+SoR) and holy shield? And even using 2 times salvation on yourself?. That tells me SoR is good (for me).

I'm not telling SoR is good for everybody. Neither that is best or worse than SoV. I'm just telling that the way I use it, and as long I don't loose aggro, it's good.

We've heard some things about using SoR on trash and SoV on bosses.
    But i agrees with you that aslong i don't loose agro, it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Paandora
    We've heard some things about using SoR on trash and SoV on bosses.
    But i agrees with you that aslong i don't loose agro, it's good.
    SoV is better for raid trash, since you will continually build threat against multiple targets with it. It is the better tanking seal, bar none.

And saying "as long as I hold aggro" only makes sense if you're NOT one of the people saying, "I can't use the Glyph of Salv. because it causes a 20% aggro dump." If you're going to say a tool sucks because it costs you aggro as a trade off, it's kind of stupid to use anything but the optimal aggro building setup.
    Looking for a great guild on Tichondrius?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyneside
    SoV is better for raid trash, since you will continually build threat against multiple targets with it. It is the better tanking seal, bar none.

And saying "as long as I hold aggro" only makes sense if you're NOT one of the people saying, "I can't use the Glyph of Salv. because it causes a 20% aggro dump." If you're going to say a tool sucks because it costs you aggro as a trade off, it's kind of stupid to use anything but the optimal aggro building setup.
    Well i havn't been saying "i can't use the glyph of salv" ???

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos

Also, as a tank, I don't know why you would ever use Salvation glyph. Like I said earlier, my threat isn't a problem, but that doesn't mean I can slack off(not with my mages), so even with the dmg reduction, losing threat is not an option. No no for Salvation glyph as prot. (I would consider it as a pvp ret glyph though)
    I've used salvation glyph from beginning to end of ulduar, used every fight and never had problems with aggro (as i stated, only don't use it when you taunt from another).
    The treath reduction is neglegible, you still build treath while you are under salvation.
    I've used in every fight in ulduar, expecially on mimiron, vezax, yogg saronn phase 3, ignis when maintanking and when offtanking, used every cooldown (2 min) on council hard mode while i was tanking Steelbreaker.

Also don't forget that you don't need all of salvation 10 sec to run full duration , on mimiron plasma blast, on ignis flame jet, while going under Crusher Tentacles in yogg saronn phase 2 with 99 stacks shield wall + salvation and you can save the aura damage reduction for the entire raid.
    I can list every fight in ulduar , every single that you can use salvation without aggro problems even for it's full duration.
    So who say that is not a tanking glyph but only a pvp glyph is wrong.
    If you want i can list every fight in ulduar maintanking and offtanking that salvation is a mini-shield wall every 2 min and you can just ignore the aggro dump for that, but i hope that with my previous explanation i do not have to prove the efficency of salvation glyph more.
    If you don't like it , don'tuse it, but don't say a no no for salvation glyph.

actually as far as i have played, if there were only 2 major glyph i would use Salvation and Divine Plea.

SoV -threat
    DP- mitigation
    Flavor choice, judgement is shit damage and shit threat, SotR is meh i dont really need the mana regen, Captian America shield is good for main tanking, HotR is good for heroics and trash, salvation is good cause you should be able to out threat everyone... worst case pop wings etc

If you can keep threat while using SoR+glyph or keep threat while using SoV+glyph, then SoV is a better choice, it's threat through knockbacks/movement, it's extra indirect mitigation via expertise's parry reduction on a decent amount of bosses, although the haste flag is off on a lot, that's not all bosses.

That speaks more to the inability of the rest of your raid. In you're pulling 5k TPS and your dps barely push 4k (before threat reduction) of course salv is usable.

THAT being said, the glyph has it's situational uses. Steelbreaker is a good example of one, as is any fight in which your target is not the focus on dps most of the time.. It's not something you can pop on Malygoes and it shouldn't be doable on Patchwerk. I suppose the glyph becomes more beneficial the worse your dps are, but it's not really a good discussion point.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    THAT being said, the glyph has it's situational uses. Steelbreaker is a good example of one, as is any fight in which your target is not the focus on dps most of the time.. It's not something you can pop on Malygoes and it shouldn't be doable on Patchwerk. I suppose the glyph becomes more beneficial the worse your dps are, but it's not really a good discussion point.
    I think that situational is the opposite, right now malygos with 2-3 sparks is the only fight where you could not use salvation.
    Patchwerk? You have melees that comes near you in treath? ranged cannot aggro, and i outtps every melee on the long run that i can even use salvation for the entire fight.
    But the game now is not malygos or patchwerk, the game is ulduar, and in ulduar you can use everywhere in every fight in 25 man. (apart flame leviathan )

Oh, and you can use it even at malygos, because if you are mid-low on health and he makes the animation for the breath, you can cast salvation, take the breath and remove salvation, and you lost 2% of treath.

But this will be the last time for me to praise salvation glyph, who wants to try it i assure that is a great glyph but you have to try it and obviusly learn when to use it.
    Right now i would never remove it, with Heart of Iron that Stacks with Monarch crab every 2 +1 min for a 15% dodge, salvation every 2 min, shield wall every 2 min, i quite always have a cd to trow when i am going to take huge damage, and in Ulduar paladins got squished like a ketchup tube.

Edit: i add a p.s. for glyph of SoV/SoCorr, if you are maintanking and not exper capped without is a must, try to tank Vezax 25 man that is not a fight friendly for paladins and let him make 1 or 2 parry and see what happen

Glyphs i use:

Divine Plea
    SoV
    Judgement

Why not righteous defense?
    Easy. The reason the 4 Horsemen.
    I noticed that using Righteous defense in that fight has a greater chance to bring confusion into the fight then a taunt missing.
    So i just use HoR, and so i dont need that glyph.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Martini

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    Glyphs i use:

Divine Plea
    SoV
    Judgement

Why not righteous defense?
    Easy. The reason the 4 Horsemen.
    I noticed that using Righteous defense in that fight has a greater chance to bring confusion into the fight then a taunt missing.
    So i just use HoR, and so i dont need that glyph.
    First I do not use RD glyph, but I do want to say tat basing your choice of glyphs on one boss is kind of silly. That aside there are better choices for glyphs.

This Glyph of Salvation thing is an argument that can go on for decades. The following coments are going to make a lot of people butt hurt but oh well. If you cannot see the usefulness of the glyph you are blind. And unimaginative. Examples have constantly been given on how he glyph can be used. And the only arguments people can come up with against the glyph is, you loose threat. You obviously do not understand how our class works if this is the only argument you have about this glyph. When you pop salvation it is NOT a instant 20% threat reduction. It is over time reduction. It also has no affect on threat you are bulding after you cast the ability. Meaning your TPS won't go down any save for the TPS you lost using the GCD. If you are stupid enough to allow the full 20% to be taken off while DPS is catching you do not use the glyph. Hell stop tanking for that matter. This glyph is freaking awesome, yes it SUCKS that you have to be mindful of wtf you are doing while using it, which makes it unusable for some, but for people who are serious about tanking as a paladin, and wanting to push yourself to the max for survival, this is a grea addition to your arsinal.

One other thing. Saying this glyph is bad is also kinda like saying DP is bad or a holy paladin to use cause it reduces healing. Guess what, they made a cancel aura macro and moved on. Do the same...

I don't know what kind of TPS benchmarks people are looking for, but 6-7k threat is generally what I come out to when I plug my WWS into http://rehfeld.us/wow/tps/ and most classes run with around 10% reduced threat generation. That means they have to sustain around 8k DPS, constantly, to be able to keep up with me on threat. Even if I only produce 1% more threat than them a second, the pull away will become very obvious as fights go into the 2-3 minute range. If you've got an entire group of 8k+ DPSers, fine. Show me the WWS that proves that that is average, though.
    Looking for a great guild on Tichondrius?

Quote Originally Posted by Parium
    First I do not use RD glyph, but I do want to say tat basing your choice of glyphs on one boss is kind of silly. That aside there are better choices for glyphs.

This Glyph of Salvation thing is an argument that can go on for decades. The following coments are going to make a lot of people butt hurt but oh well. If you cannot see the usefulness of the glyph you are blind. And unimaginative. Examples have constantly been given on how he glyph can be used. And the only arguments people can come up with against the glyph is, you loose threat. You obviously do not understand how our class works if this is the only argument you have about this glyph. When you pop salvation it is NOT a instant 20% threat reduction. It is over time reduction. It also has no affect on threat you are bulding after you cast the ability. Meaning your TPS won't go down any save for the TPS you lost using the GCD. If you are stupid enough to allow the full 20% to be taken off while DPS is catching you do not use the glyph. Hell stop tanking for that matter. This glyph is freaking awesome, yes it SUCKS that you have to be mindful of wtf you are doing while using it, which makes it unusable for some, but for people who are serious about tanking as a paladin, and wanting to push yourself to the max for survival, this is a grea addition to your arsinal.

One other thing. Saying this glyph is bad is also kinda like saying DP is bad or a holy paladin to use cause it reduces healing. Guess what, they made a cancel aura macro and moved on. Do the same...
    a paladin who knows how inc works.

P.s. in ulduar there is 1 or 2 fight where dps can burst shitload dps, in every other they have to move, do adds, avoid things, etc etc, no dps can go near your treath, never ever even on static fight like hodir, a 2% treath reduction is not noticable, only when you just taunt from another tank but just learn when to use it.

As Astray say, i am not saying to you "omg put salvation glyph is the beeeest" , but i cannot stand people who say that is a no no for a tank and haven't tried it.
    Also... if you tried it (in ulduar, not in naxx, naxx is no more an istance for me, is an heroic) and say that is too situational that you use it very rarely, you must learn to use your rotation because is impossible that your dps are constantly right behind you, if that is true that you should already have done a lot of hard modes in ulduar if they can burst that dps.

p.p.s. i am not talking only for theorycrafting, i've done all ulduar 25 normal mode and 3 hard mode 10, i used salvation glyph in every boss.