Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Thoughtful discussion about possible IceCrown Citadel bosses.

I'd like to see Icecrown Citadel be a massive army-based thing. The forces of the Horde, Alliance, Argent Crusade, and Ebon Blade band together to lay a massive assault on the citadel. Each boss you defeat allows your raid to go deeper into IC to the furthest base camp (the base camp is under constant assault by weak elite undead to show the constant battle raging)

The first few fights could involve the entire raid mounted on argent warhorses with their normal abilities. (except maybe a taunt or something) Minimal healing, just pure dps until you reach the citadel interior.

I figure there are at least two potential things for Saurfang to be a boss. In the first case, he could basically have his soul stuffed into a massive saronite construct that engages in rough rape with raids. The other is having him be part of the Arthas fight, detailed later.

The Arthas fight simply wouldn't be any kind of epic if it wasn't an army-sized battle. Most of the major lore figures being there like Thrall, Sylvanas, Jaina, Tirion... The fight should largely revolve around veritable hordes of undead swarming in from every corner, dead soldiers being raised right on the spot. One phase in the fight, possibly the final phase, would involve Arthas jamming Frostmourne into the ground and releasing its entire energy. All the souls that he has stolen are bound to his will and attack the raid in waves. Small non-elite nameless soldiers, elite lieutenants and captains. Saurfang the Yonger, King Teranas Menethil could be big mini-bosses. A shade of Illidan could also be present. The injury was a contributing factor in the descent of Illidan into madness, it isn't a longshot to think that part of his soul might have been taken. Mostly for the sake of fighting Illidan in a way again anyway.

I have no idea how many bosses the instance will have or in what order they will be. But if Icecrown follows the standard pattern for raids then here's a few you can always count on.

[1]
    This boss is a known figure who until recently fought with us. Has been corrupted/enslaved/killed-and-ressed-as-evil. We either have to defeat this boss to make it "good" again (possibly having it help us in later stages of the instance). Or we have to kill it to put it out of its misery. (You're our friend and all, but we're still going to jump up and down on your face and rob you for valuable items once we kill you)

[2]
    This boss is the "unannounced visit from your mother-in-law" of Wow. No matter what you do you can't get rid of it. No matter how many times you kill this one he just keeps returning later in the game. Here's an example:

1. You kill it, it gets resurrected.
    2 .You kill it again, another ress.
    - So.. You dead now?
    3. My body is dead, but you still have to kill the image of my ghost!
    - Sheesh finally, can we go on?
    4. NO! You have to go back IN TIME AND KILL THE SHADE OF MY EVIL MEMORY, BITCH! HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Ergwendith
    I have no idea how many bosses the instance will have or in what order they will be. But if Icecrown follows the standard pattern for raids then here's a few you can always count on.

[1]
    This boss is a known figure who until recently fought with us. Has been corrupted/enslaved/killed-and-ressed-as-evil. We either have to defeat this boss to make it "good" again (possibly having it help us in later stages of the instance). Or we have to kill it to put it out of its misery. (You're our friend and all, but we're still going to jump up and down on your face and rob you for valuable items once we kill you)

[2]
    This boss is the "unannounced visit from your mother-in-law" of Wow. No matter what you do you can't get rid of it. No matter how many times you kill this one he just keeps returning later in the game. Here's an example:

1. You kill it, it gets resurrected.
    2 .You kill it again, another ress.
    - So.. You dead now?
    3. My body is dead, but you still have to kill the image of my ghost!
    - Sheesh finally, can we go on?
    4. NO! You have to go back IN TIME AND KILL THE SHADE OF MY EVIL MEMORY, BITCH! HA!

I lol'd at this whole post. Good way of putting it

This is what i have in mind we will see at ICC besides the obvious (Arthas, Tirion and the ebon hold guy at the arthas encounter and Sindragosa)
    1. Bolvar and Saurfang together in an encounter and the Horde/Alliance leaders helping you
    2. Kelthuzad and the Anub yeah i have a felling that they will appear
    3. for some reason i think that malganis will appear at the arthas encounter, and he will land the killing blow and he will stole something from arthas, then we have to recover that in the next xpac

Probably a siege through hordes of undead like Flame Lootathon's room, a zombie Saurfang the Younger, Kel'thuzad (because his phylacary (sp?) wasn't destroyed), more Yoggy, and probably some more generic encounters:

1. Giant Spiders
    2. Giant Abominations
    3. Giant Skeletons
    4. Death Knight General
    5. Banshees
    6. Kael'thas, because Magister's Terrace was merely a setback.

Enjoy.
    This user has been banned.

as big a question as this really is: "how are they going to squeeze in a vehicle fight?"

I mean, if we're not on a motorcycle, dragon, or tournament horse, how are we even going to know we're in a WotLK dungeon?

Oh, those battlebots going into game... we'll get to play crashin' thrashin' robots to defeat Arthas with those?
    :'(

Bolvar and Saurfang will be in there somewhere, and Mal'Ganis will turn up somewhere as well..... though i think i'd rather face him as a world boss, instead of tying him into the same neat package.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Eclipsicolossamegatonational? There. I've captured the essence of your penis in one, perfect, 28-letter word.

Are it just me but arnt we forgetting Grand Apothecary Putress. He must be somewhere imo.

And i do question the resurrection off Archmage Arugal in Grizzly hills. Picking him out for a elit quest chain seams lame. I want to see him in a greater plan!
    We gonan fight vampires and werewolf?
    WTF Underworld!

We will most likely see atleast Kel'thuzad again, Anub'arak, Mal'ganis, Bolvar and Saurfang, Sindragosa, Arthas and most likely the Ashbringer and Alexandros Mograines spirit/ghost will play a part.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shovk
    Are it just me but arnt we forgetting Grand Apothecary Putress. He must be somewhere imo.
    Because it would make sense? Putress was at the Wrathgate, trying to destroy both the scourge and the mortal races. "Death to the Scourge! And death to the living!"

Also, I am amazed nobody here said "Hogger"... :

Lich King withdraws when Putress attacks, so I guess we won't see a Bolvar / Saurfang zombie duo. Their corpses are probably destroyed by the red dragonflight's fire, but I guess Saurfang the Younger's soul was drained by Frostmourne so he might be there.

I'd place my bet on Kel'Thuzad, Sindragosa and Anub'arak. Probably the raid will get help from Trion, Darion and Muradin. Mal'ganis might be there too. Either as a boss (you encounter him when he decides to storm ICC) or as an aid. But, imo, it would probably be an optional hard mode, where you can either accept or decline his help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    Kael'Thas.

I'm totally serious.
    On Aggro:
    Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but Magisters Terrace was merely a set back. Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some big, red, half-demon eredar mongrel? Hahahaha... Oh no, no, no, he was merely an instrument, a stepping stone to a much larger plan! It has all led to this...and this time, you will not interfere!

On Death:
    My demise accomplishes nothing! The Master will have you! You will drown in your own blood! The world shall freeze! Aaaghh!

Illidan will be chilling side by side with Sylvanas as you enter. And they will be like "oh shiiii!"

Then you will die.

Seriously no.

Some scarab lords wouldn't be unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by solinvictus
    Mal'ganis might be there too. Either as a boss (you encounter him when he decides to storm ICC) or as an aid. But, imo, it would probably be an optional hard mode, where you can either accept or decline his help.
    Sounds like it has promise. They could make an event type deal where you knew Mal'Ganis and the Burning Legion just broke into ICC from another wing/entrance and are making their way to Arthas and you have the option of cutting them off, or letting them help.

Either way, Mal'Ganis is going to have to be sent back to his homeworld once again b/c even if he helps us defeat Arthas, he's just going to turn around and try to kill us as well. My guess would be, however, that Mal'Ganis does something and it weakens Arthas, but gets overwhelmed by scourge and retreats, leaving the raid to finish him off.

There's a 99.9% that new *lore* will be carried on with the upcoming of Icecrown, just like have been with Bolvar being *killed*, Undead revolt, Putress, etcetc-

So it's almost impossible to decipher what could be next, like: Mal'Ganis rebels and joins your raid. /Mal'Ganis is a fellow servant of Lich King and is the last uberdifficult boss right before his master/ Bolvar is alive, helps you/ Bolvar is alive, as an undeath, Hardest boss ever./ Bolvar is alive, Mal'Ganis is alive, you gotta choose who to save/ Death Knight Council is going to Execute Bolvar, gauntlet run to save him... Could go on for ages.

Invincible (Arthas' horse) is a big focal point in the book so I wouldn't be surprised to see him show up at some point in the Arthas fight

Puttress will be a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj
    Puttress will be a boss.
    Wasn't putress killed by alliance during the Wrathgate quest thingy?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmathes339
    The fact that South Korea once again wants to try to nuke the US off the map
    True story

undead YS
    undead Sarufang
    undead Bolvar
    undead Hogger
    undead KT
    undead Illidan
    undead Rick Astley
    Michael Jackson
    undead Ragnaros
    undead Hakkar
    undead king Terenas
    undead ...
    undead ...
    undead ...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shovk
    Didn't alliance kill him in the wrathgate questchain?