Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Thoughtful discussion about possible IceCrown Citadel bosses.

on serius note.

Saurfang
    Sindragosa
    The Lich King
    Kel´Thuzad
    Anub´Arak

On not so serius note.

Undead Kael´Thas.
    "Death was merely another set back"

Yeah i know, old joke.
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

Yog'Saron's right tentacle (Ulduar was ... well, still is, a farming set-back!)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fenz
    undead YS
    undead Sarufang
    undead Bolvar
    undead Hogger
    undead KT
    undead Illidan
    undead Rick Astley
    Michael Jackson
    undead Ragnaros
    undead Hakkar
    undead king Terenas
    undead ...
    undead ...
    undead ...
    win
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

I like the idea of Malganis being a hard mode. Would be kind of cool to get to Arthas and seeing him and Malganis fighting and the hardmode is to engage both before Arthas kills Malganis. It is theoretically the last boss of the expansion so the hardmode should be up there.

I just hope they have an event similar the AQ gates opening with an instance setup similar to BT and make the boss fights epic like the Illidan fight, Archimonde, Kael'thas, Twin Emps, Nefarion, Rag, ect. and make sure theres some sort of attunement if there's not an event like AQ. I like feeling like a worked to get where I am as far as raid progression. And I would like the instance to be out for a while before Ensidia clears it.

You will get arthas to 1% and he will pussy out and summon Amal'thazad, and then bubblehearth.

Anub'Arak and Kael'thas for sho need to be in it, b/c Tempest Keep, Magister's Terrace, Sunwell, Azjol'Nerub, and the Argent Coliseum were all merely setbacks.

Bolvar got cremated, and his soul was never taken by Arthas.

SAURFANG though...oh boy,..

Saurfang Jr.'s Cleave crits the raid for 900000 dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Supertao The Pro
    Bolvar got cremated, and his soul was never taken by Arthas.

SAURFANG though...oh boy,..

Saurfang Jr.'s Cleave crits the raid for 900000 dmg
    ITS OVER 9000 :O

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

some thoughts that spring to mind are;
    Lich King (ofc)
    Anub'arak (Azjol'Nerub AND the Argent Collosieum was merely a setback)
    Kel'Thuzad (Naxx lvl 60 and Naxx lvl 80 was merely a setback)
    Undead Kael'Thas (Tempest Keep and Magister's Terrance was merely a setback)

and jokes aside..
    Sindragosa,
    Saurfang the Younger and Bolevar Fordragon both ressurected as Death Knights. (or Saurfang for one faction and Bolevar for the other)
    (just remembered that these two were burnt by alextrazas flames, so nevermind..)

Spirit of Ner'Zhul..? (according to certain spoilers from the Arthas: Rise of the Lich King book, we might fight him as an individual entity?)
    Alexandrs Morgrain? (seems unlikely he would just dissapear after his son ninjaed the ashbringer and seemingly "freed his father soul" by becoming a death knight him self.. so we might see more of him)

..Any arthas/northrend related lore figure? :P
    well, technically the scourge is so great since it can pretty much bring out anyone that's been killed and not burnt or had their souls redeemed or whatever, so we could pretty much be seeing anything from zombie-hogger to zombie-c'thun to zombie-mankirk's wife. Will be interesting to see.
    Skysin/Xavius EU

Michael Jackson. Cardiac Arrest was merely a setback.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by champ22
    too soon.

also;
    Dar'Khan Drathir
    The Sunwell Trilogy and Deatholme was merely a setback
    Skysin/Xavius EU

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza
    No. They already met in Icecrown following that conversation in Warcraft 3.

Anyone who thinks Malganis will be an Icecrown boss is an idiot. He's part of the Burning Legion, the Burning Legion hate The Scourge.
    Youre obviously an idiot if you cant open your mind up. Who says he will be friends with the scourge just because he's in icecrown? He could end up meeting us half way with the scarlet, racing to get to him first.

i mentioned a similar idea in another post ---of course arthas, kelthuzad would have had his phylactery recovered,sindragosa, an undead version of the grizzly hills/zul drak troll dude, MAYBE anub arak (for all i know he could burrow at 1%) --the san'alayn king -- but the main boss fight is this

----it will be different for alliance and horde --for the alliance, it will be an undead version of uther, (his remains were taken), but darion mograine and tirion are there, and upon seeing uther as a dk, tirion breaks down and starts freaking out and crying and being a baby, and we fight uther to 1%% while tirion is sitting there with darion trying to talk sense into him and once he hits 50% -uther bubbles, heals himself, and while he does it yells "By the light, set my spirit free, release me from his grasp! Tirion...please...." then he enrages doing 500% more dmg and tirion fianlly wakes up and he fights, itll be like the shade of akama, tirion tanks him and we have to kill uther before tirion dies (well get a buff from darion and tirion similar to the undercity wrathgate thing)

---the for the horde, itll be the same type of idea but there will be an undead version of ..i would say saurfang jr.. but then byt he logic saurfang would be the tirion, and we dont want GARROSH trying to talk to SAURFANG--needs to be the other way around...s o ill use the example of grom hellscream *his body recovered from demon fall canyon, and same thing happens sort of when grom reaches 1% he gets a type of berserking type of thing (grom is my favorite toon but i cant think of a solid thing that would restore his health, unless he when he got to 1% arthas haled him after his quote, and thats when he becomes enraged and taken over again, but then theyd have to do the same thing with uther, bubble and yell his quote, then get healed/re-possessed_) but anyone, grom would yell, something along the lines of "Release me my son, saurfang.. i drank the same chalice of lust that you did, grant me this final rest and free my soul.". the same thing happens he berserks and garrosh tanks him and we get a buff

abilities of both: uther would have a type of move like avenging wrath, that needs to be dispelled, would have a death coil, that reduces healing, a move like the current unholy blight, and apparently he still has some of his paladin powers and has a holy smite , and through out the fight hell be throwing on different seals (command, righteousness, vengence/corruption, maybe blood or martyr--

then for grom, how is he complete without bladestorm, wind walk, and miror image =) , his prime abilities are rage -increases his atack speed by 100%, must be dispelled by a rogue/hunter,--bladestorm, where melee have to go away cause it hits for a million so a one shot,(and he will move while he does it) mirror image (multiple tanks cause u can tbe sure which ones which) and wind walk, go invis and come behind someone in a backstab, doing 90% of there health i dmg ---again this is the resot of a very tired man

If every Class is overpowered, then they are all balanced.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Because it would make sense? Putress was at the Wrathgate, trying to destroy both the scourge and the mortal races. "Death to the Scourge! And death to the living!"

Also, I am amazed nobody here said "Hogger"... :
    umm.... maybe because grand apothacary putress was killed by the alliance in the battle for the undercity/wrathgate event

In regards to Bolvar, at the Wrathgate event b4 the chat was fixed and players could understand draconic Korialstrasz could be heard saying "My Queen, do they know?" with the reply by Alexstraza "No, my beloved, They must not discover the fate of the young paladin. Not yet" This suggests we are going to see Bolvar somewhere, my guess is Icecrown. The cinematic also shows Saurfangs soul being sucked out of his body by frost mourn so i would expect to see him there too. Given the way blizzard are running the Argent Tourny i wouldnt be surprised if they are seperate bosses for the seperate factions

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by champ22
    Damn you made me spit my coke all over my screen, awesome!!!!

Zombie Michael, he'll be the leader of the new bard class in the next xpac

Don't know if anyone has said this before, but King Ymiron is already an undead when you encounter him in UP.

MC'ed Sylvannas of course.

Me and some buddies were brainstorming on this some time go.

We came up with, amoung other things, two major phases.

First, The Lich King as you know and love him. This would be the complicated as sh*t phase with huge army-type play, the failsauce-raid-killer-void-zones, and other goodies we've gotten used to running from. Or standing in, for some of us.

Second, unless I'm mistaken, Arthas was possessed. I think it'd be very cool to see the Lich King leave Arthas' nearly destroied body and either A) Fight us as a disembodied wraith, or B) take over a raid member(s) and continue to try to kill us that way. Once we have successfully controlled our raid members, he would drop to Arthas again and we'd finish the encounter.

Might not be feasible, but my knowledge on the Lick King lore is limited, so excuse me if I spoke a few taboos.

It's pretty obvious that Blizz will conjur up a few random bosses to throw at us, 10 at the very least.
    Most people can think of 6 or 7 good, solid candidates for bossdom lorewise which means there will be at least 3-4 made up bosses that have nothing to do with previous content.
    All I want to see is some sort of boss involving an organ. That's all. You know the one I'm talking about if you put the music on in Icecrown. Ba bum bum bum *organ blast*, ba bum bum bum *organ blast*...
    Whether it's fighting on top of an oversized organ and battling two ghost hands ala Bongo Bongo or if it's fighting a Phantom of the Opera type person doesn't matter. I just want, nay, NEED to kill whoever has been playing that damn musical instrument of doom!