Poll: You will max urs resi or no?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Resilence cap.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resilence cap.

Hi! I did some calculations and:
    898 resil gives 10.95/24.1 crit/crit dmg reduce, then
    1347 resil will gives us 16/36 crit/crit dmg reduce,
    1796 resil will gives us 22/48 crit/crit dmg reduce...

So...my question is - stop when you get 10/23 crit/crit dmg reduction or max it ?..What amount of resil you gonna use and why?

P.S. sorry for engl.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Re: Resilence cap.

you're english is fine fyi

isn't there DR on Resil?

If there isn't, Resil is and will always be class-based on mileage. That is, some classes will always need more resil to be viable than others in arena. Which to me is why resil is broken. Because if you don't need resil, then you stack offensive stats...and force other ppl to have more resil to not be owned as fast by you :/

i have 738 resil with full pvp gear, could push to 758 if i enchant 20 res to chest,

i think it depends how well your class scales with other stats, as pala the 190 ap trinket is good because i get 57 spell power aswell from it, also gemming strength gives me 15% str talent and adds to spell power too so i got all red 16 str, blue 8 str + 12 stam and yellow 8 str + 8 crit except 1 yellow with epic resil gem.

although my stats unbuffed
    23.10% melee crit
    3431 attack power
    1029 spell power
    22534 health

possible to push near ~830 resil but is it worth it as a ret pala? although i don't do arena i still like to do good in bg's and wintergrasp, arenas piece of shit i think, but haha saying that in arena section :-P

Pol edited. Re-vote PLZ.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

DPS, I'll probably try and stay in the 700-900 range (arms warrior).

My resto shaman partner on the other hand is trying to stack as much as he possibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia
    i have 738 resil with full pvp gear, could push to 758 if i enchant 20 res to chest,

i think it depends how well your class scales with other stats, as pala the 190 ap trinket is good because i get 57 spell power aswell from it, also gemming strength gives me 15% str talent and adds to spell power too so i got all red 16 str, blue 8 str + 12 stam and yellow 8 str + 8 crit except 1 yellow with epic resil gem.

although my stats unbuffed
    23.10% melee crit
    3431 attack power
    1029 spell power
    22534 health

possible to push near ~830 resil but is it worth it as a ret pala? although i don't do arena i still like to do good in bg's and wintergrasp, arenas piece of shit i think, but haha saying that in arena section :-P
    Ret paladins do not need as much resil as healers of course, most dps can say something similar. DKs have cooldowns and plate so they need less, rogues have evasion and vanish and sprint and stuns so they need less. Ret paladins have plate, bubbles, self shield/heals so they need less. Warlocks tend to stack a lot of stamina because they end up tanking melee a lot of the time. Personally, I am wearing 250-300 resil and I am up to 2k in 2v2 (first week playing together, about 100 games). The rest of my gear is a mix of plate pve gear and oldish pve gear socketed with resil (my t7.5 gloves and the maly10 quest necklace). It is really going to depend on the setup you are running (in arena). If you are doing BGs, then who cares? Just wear whatever you want. You probably want more resil due to ganking if I had to guess. But why min/max or worry about it in BGs?

Anyways, the answer is: it depends on your situation. Every situation is different due to playstyle and oponents etc. For instance, since I play with a healer and have lots of survivability in 2v2, I can get away with less resil. As I rise in the ladder, I will probably get more resilience (maybe 500 or so) to deal with the increase in opponents' gearing. Also ulduar gear is going to start coming into play which changes things. The resilience needed changes overtime and by next season, it will be required to use a lot of resilience because everyone will be at the cap + have the same dps stats as before with full furious.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben
    Ret paladins do not need as much resil as healers of course, most dps can say something similar. DKs have cooldowns and plate so they need less, rogues have evasion and vanish and sprint and stuns so they need less. Ret paladins have plate, bubbles, self shield/heals so they need less. Warlocks tend to stack a lot of stamina because they end up tanking melee a lot of the time. Personally, I am wearing 250-300 resil and I am up to 2k in 2v2 (first week playing together, about 100 games). The rest of my gear is a mix of plate pve gear and oldish pve gear socketed with resil (my t7.5 gloves and the maly10 quest necklace). It is really going to depend on the setup you are running (in arena). If you are doing BGs, then who cares? Just wear whatever you want. You probably want more resil due to ganking if I had to guess. But why min/max or worry about it in BGs?

Anyways, the answer is: it depends on your situation. Every situation is different due to playstyle and oponents etc. For instance, since I play with a healer and have lots of survivability in 2v2, I can get away with less resil. As I rise in the ladder, I will probably get more resilience (maybe 500 or so) to deal with the increase in opponents' gearing. Also ulduar gear is going to start coming into play which changes things. The resilience needed changes overtime and by next season, it will be required to use a lot of resilience because everyone will be at the cap + have the same dps stats as before with full furious.
    rogues have evasion and they need less??:P mate that is wrong..i can kill a rogue on an ppener in 3 seconds without resilience.

also a retri pally CUTS me down in 5 seconds if he is in PVE gear and i got 768 resilience.. make that 3 seconds if no resilience

Dont let this poll hit the ground :P I wanna ask all players of the world ;D

Quote Originally Posted by epestrepsa
    rogues have evasion and they need less??:P mate that is wrong..i can kill a rogue on an ppener in 3 seconds without resilience.

also a retri pally CUTS me down in 5 seconds if he is in PVE gear and i got 768 resilience.. make that 3 seconds if no resilience
    What the OP (for this reply) meant by rogues is not you don't need resilience, but you need to focus less then say a healer. Since a rogue needs enough to survive an onslaught of burst, but not so much that that you sacrifice stamina or some dps (Although as a rogue I would never gem for anything other then stam or resilience)

Also like to bring a little twist to the original poll, I know 2v2 and 3v3 are predominant. However Resilience plays a much bigger roll in 3v3 and 5v5. In 5v5 for instance, the game is who you can focus out as quickly as possible. A warrior or ret pally might want 700-900 in 2's (in favor of more face melting) but will want max resillience in 5's.

as a DK i try to stay just above the 700 resilience mark, that way i can stay longer in blood presence without having to drop down into frost and gimping my dps to survive burst combos, that appears to be the cut off for me, any lower and i need to stay in frost and occasionally drop to blood, or resort to blowing all my cooldowns at once, and against any half competent group this results in an immediate CC chain and 12 seconds later i am shit outta luck
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    as a DK i try to stay just above the 700 resilience mark, that way i can stay longer in blood presence without having to drop down into frost and gimping my dps to survive burst combos, that appears to be the cut off for me, any lower and i need to stay in frost and occasionally drop to blood, or resort to blowing all my cooldowns at once, and against any half competent group this results in an immediate CC chain and 12 seconds later i am shit outta luck
    for a second i thought you were leet posts. but that was a 2

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

around 750 resil atm on my resto druid, will stack more once the innervate buff hits since i am stacking manaregen stats for now due to innervate being complete crap. also wearing full hateful still so upgrading to furious will boost my resi nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    for a second i thought you were leet posts. but that was a 2
    K
    all hail king frost strike

currently 900, not leet geared by any means and i havent stacked resil gems or enchants, id just say play arenas and see what ur lacking, if ur dieing easy, yet u have 1000 resilience, maybe look at ur hp, if ur going oom, get int or spirit if it benefits you, cant down ppl fast enuf? get more sp or ap, dont heal as much as u want ? more sp, working it out like that has worked well for me

Im a rogue with almost full pve gear (got pvp rings and trinkets), why I would stack resil in the first place.

New day, same poll Keep it up guys :P

Up poll :P

Quote Originally Posted by Captaincrab
    Also like to bring a little twist to the original poll, I know 2v2 and 3v3 are predominant. However Resilience plays a much bigger roll in 3v3 and 5v5. In 5v5 for instance, the game is who you can focus out as quickly as possible. A warrior or ret pally might want 700-900 in 2's (in favor of more face melting) but will want max resillience in 5's.
    i lol'd so hard

From a healers perspective, pushing over 900 is just overkill and more of a hinderence than anything. I'm sitting at 799 with 2238 bonus healing as a Druid and it only takes the DPS (in 2's or 3's) a moment to realize they can't nuke me, then they quick swap and force CC's on me. Anything over 900 will start to take away from SP or AP/Crit, so I'm sure the same mechanic applies for DPS as well.

Until S7 comes out, or nearing the end of the season where the PvE weapons have been obtained by the majority, stacking resil over 900 will actually hurt you if you're a healer, and probably for DPS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sz
    From a healers perspective, pushing over 900 is just overkill and more of a hinderence than anything. I'm sitting at 799 with 2238 bonus healing as a Druid and it only takes the DPS (in 2's or 3's) a moment to realize they can't nuke me, then they quick swap and force CC's on me. Anything over 900 will start to take away from SP or AP/Crit, so I'm sure the same mechanic applies for DPS as well.

Until S7 comes out, or nearing the end of the season where the PvE weapons have been obtained by the majority, stacking resil over 900 will actually hurt you if you're a healer, and probably for DPS as well.
    At 950 resilience as Disc priest i can still get nuked down... But i would never enter 2v2 again with less then 900 resi. (but not over 1k either). But yes, druid trees is just stupid hard to kill for alot of classes so i completly get your point.
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.