Val'anyr Proc Discussion

After the explanation from Blizzard I'm curious to hear your take on the proc. /discuss

Re: Val'anyr Proc Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Malfurian
    After the explanation from Blizzard I'm curious to hear your take on the proc. /discuss
    It be good for all healers 'mon.

/flame on QQ'ers who think they deserve it the most.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

Im just wondering if a Shaman chain heals would it apply a shield to all 3-4 targets that the chain heal hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Sporker
    Im just wondering if a Shaman chain heals would it apply a shield to all 3-4 targets that the chain heal hits?
    yes. so long as you have an effective heal proc the mace, any subsequent heal, whether it be effective or overheal, will create a shield for 15% of the amount healed.

Yes, it will also shield people based on total heal, not effective heal

here's how it works. You must do effective healing to proc the BUFF on yourself. The buff allows all of your heals (Overheals too) to put a shield on your target equal to 15% of the amount healed. This shield "rolls" and can stack up to a total of 20,000 damage absorbed.

The procrate is 10% with an ICD of 45 seconds.

Since it's a "Buff" to the wielder, it should proc on all targets that receive an actual heal (in reference to a complete overheal). It'll be cool to see how it all coincides with Circle of healing, Wild Growth, Beacon Of Light, and Chain Heal.
    Yes is your answer btw

yeah that is gonna be awesome, i mean the last person is gonna get a 100 damage shield BUT HEY, its better then nothing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gzilia
    It be good for all healers 'mon.
    /flame on QQ'ers who think they deserve it the most.
    Yeah last time I hear it's Bis for boomkins to.

Just because it's good for everything doesn't mean it's not better in others hands.

I dont play a healing class but I have before, and those who choose to complain and bitch about everything blizzard has done wrong probably dont even understand how it works. Sure it may not be legendary quality in some ways BUT THINK about how useful that shield will be. Think about 2 or 3 people or ALL your healers having this mace.....AOE boss damage will be something to laugh at.

"But once the blessing is active, then all of your healing spells will contribute to the bubble even if they do no actual healing." -Ghostcrawler

My question is do hots, such as rejuv, contribute to the shield once the blessing is active and the target is at 100% health? Also, do pre-existing hots contribute to the shield once the Blessing becomes active?

Thanks

"But once the blessing is active, then all of your healing spells will contribute to the bubble even if they do no actual healing." -Ghostcrawler

My question is do hots, such as rejuv, contribute to the shield once the blessing is active and the target is at 100% health? Also, do pre-existing hots contribute to the shield once the Blessing becomes active?

Thanks

Any healing done after the proc will add to the shield. I don't know how to explain it any better...

Let's say a rejuv procs the shield on tick 3, Ticks 1 & 2 will NOT add to the shield, but every subsequent tick of that rejuv and ANY OTHER healing spell you use will. Even if it is 100% overhealing (inlcuding hots)

Thanks

as it said, hots while the tank is full hp dont count.
    Things bloom tho, something things bloom wonderfull

Quote Originally Posted by Gzilia
    as it said, hots while the tank is full hp dont count.
    Things bloom tho, something things bloom wonderfull
    No, hots while the tank is full hp DO count for the shield, but cannot PROC the blessing on you.

Yes, but that doesn't matter because it's totally a *my class here* mace anyway.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by treasy
    No, hots while the tank is full hp DO count for the shield, but cannot PROC the blessing on you.

thats...

even better

15+ Year Old Account

its not difficult..

all healing done after proc causes the shield.

blessing cannot proc from overhealing

shield can stack from overhealing

see, simple. and awesome
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestgirl09
    i was just thinking the same thing...

/facepalm
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestgirl09
    These threads are going to pop up for days Hopefully not as many as the "why is it so easy?" threads though ^^
    Am I the only one who gets annoyed when I see a brand new thread about something thats been going on all day. They seem to want to feel important like they are the first ones to figure it out or see the BIG BLUE paragraph on the main page.

This is my question to the proc / shield.

The Blessing of Ancient Kings lasts 15 seconds, and when active, any heaing done (including overhealing) counts toward the shield. I get this.

But, do your heals refresh the 8 second shield on the person you cast? Or is it once you cast a heal, you only have 8 seconds to get that shield as high as you can.

It would seem a little backwards to me if the shield didn't refresh with each heal you cast (until your 15 second proc wore off).

Assume each example below I just proc'd the blessing of ancient kings; tanks are not getting hit so the shield is not being used up.

Example 1:

Cast FoL MT1 ---> 8 second shield
    Cast FoL MT2 ---> 8 second shield

Silence; 3 seconds goes by, 4 seconds remaining on MT1 shield; 5 seconds on MT2 shield

Cast FoL MT1 ---> refreshed the 8 second shield + more added to it
    Cast FoL MT2 ---> refreshed the 8 second shield + more added to it

Or does it work like this:

I have to wait 3 seconds because of a silence

Cast FoL MT1 ---> 4 seconds remaining on shield, but more added to it
    Cast FoL MT2 ---> 5 seconds remaining on shield, but more added to it.
    I Surf on Exodus Tears

Quote Originally Posted by wowman
    This is my question to the proc / shield.

The Blessing of Ancient Kings lasts 15 seconds, and when active, any heaing done (including overhealing) counts toward the shield. I get this.

But, do your heals refresh the 8 second shield on the person you cast? Or is it once you cast a heal, you only have 8 seconds to get that shield as high as you can.

It would seem a little backwards to me if the shield didn't refresh with each heal you cast (until your 15 second proc wore off).

Assume each example below I just proc'd the blessing of ancient kings; tanks are not getting hit so the shield is not being used up.

Example 1:

Silence; 3 seconds goes by, 4 seconds remaining on MT1 shield; 5 seconds on MT2 shield

Cast FoL MT1 ---> refreshed the 8 second shield + more added to it
    Cast FoL MT2 ---> refreshed the 8 second shield + more added to it

Or does it work like this:

I have to wait 3 seconds because of a silence

Cast FoL MT1 ---> 4 seconds remaining on shield, but more added to it
    Cast FoL MT2 ---> 5 seconds remaining on shield, but more added to it.
    It's example 1. And damn, it's a basic game mechanic used in about everything....
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.